[PGT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

15 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

How is that not a cross check or an interference penalty? Bullshit referring in overtime. 

Incompetence of the highest order and human biases. AI is coming g none too soon.

1 minute ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Why does boeser get such a long leash? He’s been beyond brutal for a stretch now.

He's like a little bro who got beat up by life..you naturally want them to achieve great things. 👍 

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Beat them 5-0 in the first game. 

I wouldn't worry about them if they are the WC team.  

Played them 3 times in the playoffs and won all three series.

We beat them when it matters.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Why does boeser get such a long leash? He’s been beyond brutal for a stretch now.

been pretty unlucky, hasnt really been that bad at all, but you and eddie can hyper focus on boeser all you want, i aint youre father.

I don't mind the non-call. Petey went down too easy, and it wasn't a hard check.

And, we got off lucky with the goal being called off, IMO, as that too was an easy fall on a light crosscheck, and I don't think it impacted his ability to make a play. Not that I was complaining, though.

Tough luck for DeSmith, as he didn't have much hope on the first 3.

Hofer better be a star, he made some great saves. Between him and some sloppy play on our part, that's the difference in the game. Too many lame passes. Wonder if Boeser's gonna ha e a nightmare about that missed shot. Wow, that should have been an easy one.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I thought we won this once JT passed it to Hronek in OT . Was stunned when that didn’t go in. I think I forgot to breathe at that point. 

Perhaps their goalie outplayed ours. I’ll give them that. 

Still pissed off over that non call. Ugh. 

10 minutes ago, Cuzzizzle said:

How so?  Had 2 pts today.  +2.  

He's a bit snake bitten and had 3 goals called back.  

EddieVader is that you? 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

been pretty unlucky, hasnt really been that bad at all, but you and eddie can hyper focus on boeser all you want, i aint youre father.

To add to his bad luck, Refs screwed him over on 3 recent goals via JT . One by an inch offside and two by imaginary goalie interference calls. Can’t really blame JT but still bad luck. 

Edited by Grandmaster

And, lest we forget... we're still #1. Points and points percentage now with the Bruins losing tonight. Life is good!

Lame that nhl.com doesn't update the standings automatically. Pretty weak sauce there.

Edited by Kragar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I don't mind the non-call. Petey went down too easy, and it wasn't a hard check.

And, we got off lucky with the goal being called off, IMO, as that too was an easy fall on a light crosscheck, and I don't think it impacted his ability to make a play. Not that I was complaining, though.

Tough luck for DeSmith, as he didn't have much hope on the first 3.

Hofer better be a star, he made some great saves. Between him and some sloppy play on our part, that's the difference in the game. Too many lame passes. Wonder if Boeser's gonna ha e a nightmare about that missed shot. Wow, that should have been an easy one.

It was a cross check and he didn't have the puck, the puck was no where by him.  

Cross check or interference can be called.  

If that was Myers doing that, they would called a penalty for being a big guy.  

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I thought we won this once JT passed it to Hronek in OT . Was stunned when that didn’t go in. I think I forgot to breathe at that point. 

Perhaps their goalie outplayed ours. I’ll give them that. 

Still pissed off over that non call. Ugh. 

Their goalie definitely outplayed ours tonight. This is probably DeSmith's worst game as a Canuck (but that's because he has been great every game and also much better than any of our other back-ups in the last few years) and we still come away with a point. I like the effort to battle back in the 3rd period.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Called Alf's Empties hotline to complain, after charging me so much that the got it wrong. Jen was nice enough to apologize, telling me they didn't take into account the ugly helmet distraction and refunded my money and offered a free prediction for the next game so I forgive them as we still got a point.

Their record is now 3-0-1 with an * by the 1.

Alf.jpg

That's right. When all else fails, blame it on Alf's empties! 😆

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

It was a cross check and he didn't have the puck, the puck was no where by him.  

Cross check or interference can be called.  

If that was Myers doing that, they would called a penalty for being a big guy.  

If Petey was stronger on his skates, I would agree 100%. Too often he falls easy, and this was one of those times.

I wish it was called, but I'm not surprised it wasn't. Especially since the crosscheck on the disallowed StL goal was also a weak penalty.

And agreed on Myers.  He gets screwed over too often by the refs just cuz of his size.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Their goalie definitely outplayed ours tonight. This is probably DeSmith's worst game as a Canuck (but that's because he has been great every game and also much better than any of our other back-ups in the last few years) and we still come away with a point. I like the effort to battle back in the 3rd period.

DeSmith's GAA wasn't great, but you can't fault him on the first 3 goals, and he did make some nice saves tonight. Sadly, not as many as Hofer.

• Upvote 1