[PGT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

57 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Some consensus among the Van media 

I just watched it. Pretty terrible no call. Especially since it gave him the space and time to get his gwg/ shot off.

weird we’ve lost two at home with blatant none calls on petey to score in OT..

I can’t help but be concerned that in playoffs there will be more of this. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Then may be you dont watch hockey too often then, because those checks happen very often in every game. 

Agreed. Those checks do happen often in every game and have for the long history of the league. However, those checks, once handed out, often lead to gold plated scoring chances and it the job of those guys in stripes to determine whether those checks simply are part of the continuous, physical nature of the game, or produce unfair advantages for those attempting to score.

You can’t disagree with that, can you?

2 hours ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Why does boeser get such a long leash? He’s been beyond brutal for a stretch now.

Because he has 27 goals on the year.... and is ppg. Guy was gonna eventually go on a bit of a drought, can't just bring him down when has a stretch of a couple bad games.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I just watched it. Pretty terrible no call. Especially since it gave him the space and time to get his gwg/ shot off.

weird we’ve lost two at home with blatant none calls on petey to score in OT..

I can’t help but be concerned that in playoffs there will be more of this. 

Depends on the refs and who they have received less trash talk (so to speak) from.. they take name and numbers just as players do. 
anyone who says they don’t is clueless..

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

12 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

Because he has 27 goals on the year.... and is ppg. Guy was gonna eventually go on a bit of a drought, can't just bring him down when has a stretch of a couple bad games.

Because that's what Eddie Vedder is here for! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Impressed with the late effort tonight against a gritty Blues team for a very hard earned point.  Ran into a pretty hot goalie (numerous times he flashed a glove to save a close in chance) but the team persevered.  Questionable non-call on the last play on Petey though considering he did not even have the puck - resulting in an open player 8 ft in front on DeSmith.  Anyway, hope these calls even out for the Canucks as they should (the Canucks are due for some OT pps  given the same thing happened against the Rangers) - or does it only even out for "certain teams". 

Still would like the Canucks to put more shots on target as they missed the target on several good opportunities in the 2nd period.

Regardless, satisfied with the result given how they were down 3-1 in the third.  Hopefully, they can take home the whole 2 points on Saturday against Columbus.

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

2 hours ago, 1-d said:

It was a blatant crosscheck the refs didn't care to call, exactly the same crosscheck they called in regulation to wipe out the Blues goal. So basically what was a penalty in the first 3 periods was not a penalty in the OT. 

Having said that, maybe Petey should stop looking at the refs after falling down... especially when the game's on the line in OT. The last thing he needs is developing a reputation and giving the zebras a reason to swallow their whistle.

Too late, that reputation was established long ago. He will mature out of it, but lets cut the shit here I mean anyone watching the game seeing that crosscheck is 100% a penalty.

Extremely frustrating as a fan to witness.

30 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

Yeah, He's earned the right, because of his performance and play this season. If the drought continues, though, Tocc probably has to sit him at some point. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Too late, that reputation was established long ago. He will mature out of it, but lets cut the shit here I mean anyone watching the game seeing that crosscheck is 100% a penalty.

Extremely frustrating as a fan to witness.

Yea, that cross check should have been a penalty called on Petey in OT. 

Reminds me of the trip against the Rangers game...

But, you know what, we also didn't bring our best game tonight either. We were lucky to have gotten out of the game with 1 point.

35 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yea, that cross check should have been a penalty called on Petey in OT. 

I have now watched that cross check maybe 25 times on endless loop. Petey embellished it and the referee didn't bite. I'm willing to bet Tocchet saw it, too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I am as upset about that ending as much as everyone, but Petey quitting on the play was not a good look. That wasn't the time to stare at the ref. Get up, get back in the play. Zadarov, Kuzy and Petey all had pretty tough games. It's crazy how much worse Petey looks away from Boeser and Miller. Whereas Miller and Boeser just prop up which ever bottom 6er they slap on that line. I was never really a believer in Kuzy. But I thought he could at least produce half decently with Petey and they could at least be a dangerous scoring line. But that whole line is just cheeks.

I honestly think Kuzy is in a situation where the only thing bringing him back is a change of scenery. If we can trade him in a package to get a legit 2nd line center. We can keep the Lotto line together, we don't need to play Suter in a top 6 role. Which outside of tonight he looks like he isn't suited for. Everyone wins. Petey gets to stick with the Lotto line and Kuzy can get a fresh start with a new team. he just doesn't fit Tocc's coaching style.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jim McMahon said:

Bit of a flop from Petey. Could have gone either way. DeSmith didn’t do himself any justice letting that goal in. I only watched the 3rd and OT so I can’t comment on the rest of the game. Good comeback attempt ! Suter was clutch and Hughes was moving. Refs can suck it. 

also… Chrome Domes gotta go 

I don't see EP getting many of those calls anymore, falls down fairly regularly and the zebras seem to be putting away their whistles

Most non triumphant. But, we got a point. And we're still in 1st.

Blues played a good road game and though being outshot, got the OT win. Their goalie was instrumental in their road triumph.........sigh......Aroo...............

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Lunar New Year game on Sat. But they are wearing black skate jersey. 

vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (January 27)

vs. Detroit Red Wings (February 15)

vs. Los Angeles Kings (February 29)

vs. Buffalo Sabres (March 19)

vs. Los Angeles Kings (March 25)

vs. Dallas Stars (March 28)

vs. Arizona Coyotes (April 10)

They should wear it for the Jets game on Feb 17th

Not too bad I guess. A point is a point. I've often thought that Pettersson should take judo or wrestling lessons in the off-season to teach him how to maintain his balance with contact. He's still too Bambi legged. Imagine how effective he could be

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1