[PGT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

I don't think the Canucks are huge complainers....at least not as much as other teams. Look at the players (Cole in particular) trying to get baited by the media to react last night...they didn't. Think Cole said something like "that's above my pay grade...I just play".

The issue here is there was a penalty that occurred that HAS to be called 100% of the time; blatant x-check away from the play that resulted in a scoring chance (in this case goal). If one of the Canucks had done that, I'd be perfectly fine with an OT penalty; it was a stupid play by Schenn.

So true

• Vintage 1

I don't want Petey to lose his speed. But I think he needs some work on his lower body strength and just overall strength training in the offseason. He has to be more steady on his skates. Basically improve his core. I was hoping by now he'd pack on 5-10 more pounds of muscle. Maybe he's just one of these guys that will always be thin and lanky.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't want Petey to lose his speed. But I think he needs some work on his lower body strength and just overall strength training in the offseason. He has to be more steady on his skates. Basically improve his core. I was hoping by now he'd pack on 5-10 more pounds of muscle. Maybe he's just one of these guys that will always be thin and lanky.

Petey has looked pretty strong on his feet after getting over whatever injury he had earlier on. Last night he was off, and the falling and lack luster hustle was back. Just guessing, but I bet he has a cold/flu or something.

• Like 2

Hated the helmets they look like a Christmas light bulb. hockey team or circus performers.
The flat black are best for me. 

As for the game

The blues goalie stole one for them. 
We Got the one point 

not sure how the push off interference to win wasn't called but maybe it’s because Pete falls down so much the refs don’t even think anything if it anymore. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Combover said:

Hated the helmets they look like a Christmas light bulb. hockey team or circus performers.

As for the game

We Got the one point 

not sure how the push off interference to win wasn't called but maybe it’s because Pete falls down so much the refs don’t even think anything if it anymore. 

Cirque d' Canuck?

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We've been saying this for how many years now? when did we draft him? lol

Is he fast? He looks quick and agile but fast? Could be but I wouldn't have thought so.

Edited by Malibu

9 minutes ago, Combover said:

As for the game

We Got the one point 

The helmets just don't mesh with the uniform. Love them or hate them, LVG and Kings do; Canucks look forced. A flat blue one would be cool with our reg jerseys IMHO.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, greenbean30 said:

So can we go away from the Kuz-Petey-Mik line and never try it again?

Pretty sure the approx 35 games they've played together has shown that those 3 just don't work well together...

Allvin and JR are working on that.   Here's an idea though.   Put Brock with EP for awhile.   Miller, it hasn't mattered whom he's had (Garland, Hogs, Podz, Brock, EP, Garland, Pizza, Suter, Pearson  etc etc) going well back into when he first arrived.    Seems like he's an easy guy to build a line around.    And you know he doesn't care who he plays with either, just wants to win win win.   Maybe try Miller there, and see if EPs up to the task to "be the man".      Tochett is going to run out of options.    As in swap EP and Miller.   Also keeps the competition guessing.   On how to play us. 

We don't have that many games left for playoffs and fiddle around,  I don't think Miller will care if Brock plays with EP.   Worth a look. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Allvin and JR are working on that.   Here's an idea though.   Put Brock with EP for awhile.   Miller, it hasn't mattered whom he's had (Garland, Hogs, Podz, Brock, EP, Garland, Pizza, Suter, Pearson  etc etc) going well back into when he first arrived.    Seems like he's an easy guy to build a line around.    And you know he doesn't care who he plays with either, just wants to win win win.   Maybe try Miller there, and see if EPs up to the task to "be the man".      Tochett is going to run out of options.    As in swap EP and Miller.   Also keeps the competition guessing.   On how to play us. 

We don't have that many games left for playoffs and fiddle around,  I don't think Miller will care if Brock plays with EP.   Worth a look. 

It can’t hurt to try on lesser opponents.

Suter Miller Kuz

Mik EP Boeser 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

This really should end the flopping discussion.  But I guess the cave men will say that Petey flopped so hard that he sucked Schenn into his wake.

I didn’t see it live but saw the replay without knowing about all the online furor and thought he went down awfully easy and was a good no-call. Not saying it was a dive but also don’t think he put up a lot of resistance. 

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

This really should end the flopping discussion.  But I guess the cave men will say that Petey flopped so hard that he sucked Schenn into his wake.

Yup. 😄

Edited by Malibu

Toropchenko stood in the crease like a boss for that 3rd goal. 6'6"  222 lbs.

And Neighbors plays bigger than his 6' 210 lb too. We need an answer to that from a big forward.  Don't say PDG.

Big teams will give us problems in the post season. Toropchenko stood in there like a tree.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

It can’t hurt to try on lesser opponents.

Suter Miller Kuz

Mik EP Boeser 

If anyone can help Kuzmenko, it's Miller.   It's worth noting, that both Brock and EP, thanked him or showed appreciation, for adding the forecheck to their toolbox when the Lotto Line was first formed.   Also think, that EP and Brock growing up together on this team have developed chemistry that goes beyond the play on the ice.   And that their mature games, would compliment each other.    It's probably Tochetts last card as far as the current roster goes.   

Team is always first.    If it ain't broke, don't fix it either.    I've seen a ton of players over the years, sacrifice personal stats, to fall in line and do what is required.   NJ and Scott Steven's.    A lot of guys sacrificed points on that team to play their system, nobody as much as he did.   Yzerman in Detroit.   Federov too.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

Yeah, I think petey embellished but both of em should went to the box in my opinion 

That would be fair. Woulda pissed off Canuck fans just the same, although StL wouldn't have scored on the play, so coulda worked out better for us

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Toropchenko stood in the crease like a boss for that 3rd goal. 6'6"  222 lbs.

And Neighbors plays bigger than his 6' 210 lb too. We need an answer to that from a big forward.  Don't say PDG.

Big teams will give us problems in the post season. Toropchenko stood in there like a tree.

We are a balanced team.    The one thing we do lack, is a mean SOB in the bottom six that can move up as a deterrent, that can go town when needed.   Not easy to find those guys.   Why TB spent so much on Jeannott.   Also why Marroon has his name on the cup.    Let other teams pay the big bucks, for whomever this years Patrick Kane, Claude Giroux is.   Rarely do the big names win you a cup.   It's the Bollands, Coleman's etc, that seem to do that.  

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Sorry, but this is nonsense. A cross check is a cross check. An interference is an interference. There’s no grading system in the rules.

You're so wrong. All calls are subjective and at the referee's discretion. Did you just start watching yesterday? 

• Cheers 4

I was pretty upset about the non call in the 3v3 OT, but Pettersson's reaction to look for a call bugged me more.

He went down easily, come the post-season, he is going to get a lot more of those. He needs to learn to fight through it and be stronger on his legs because the post-season isn't going to be forgiving. 

It was a penalty no doubt, but Petey needs to give his balls a tug - its not going to get any easier from here on out.

19 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I didn’t see it live but saw the replay without knowing about all the online furor and thought he went down awfully easy and was a good no-call. Not saying it was a dive but also don’t think he put up a lot of resistance. 

The visual evidence of Schenn's follow-through is indisputable.  But I get it, some of you aren't into the rules.

• Like 1

EP, Brock, even Miller have been off last few games. Really need to find a good top six player with speed and skill for the playoffs. Center would be best to allow more options, but a winger would do. EP with Kuz and Mik is a failure. Lotto line works great, but then second line is crap. D going into playoffs is ok, ok when healthy.  I would rather see all in on a quality top sox addition, maybe a small add on D for depth.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

The visual evidence of Schenn's follow-through is indisputable.  But I get it, some of you aren't into the rules.

It's just one game.  And EP draws a lot of penalties.   Everyone needs to get used to this for the playoffs, when "Hudson Bay" rules come back.    Not like we had a scoring chance either - and i'm not at all worried about it.   We won't be playing 3 x 3 if a game goes to OT then either.    Unlikely, they score if we had four other guys on the ice ...  Also a learning experience.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Schenn is a piece of shit. Next time the Canucks play, Zadorov should crush that reprobate and take him out of the game. The refs in the NHL are pathetically and abjectly horrible at their jobs. 

• Vintage 1