[Proposal] Kuzmenko + Myers for Couture and Rutta (updated proposal)

#WhoSaysNo

To San Jose:

-Kuzmenko (5.5 million)

-Myers (6 million)

-non 1st round pick

-B level prospect

(11.5 million)

To Vancouver

-Couture (8 million)

-Rutta (2.75 million)

(10.75 million)

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Suter-Couture-Mikheyev 

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Aman-Lafferty

PDG

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Soucy

Cole-Rutta

Juulsen

Demko

DeSmith

-Rutta can play both sides and is a stay at home guy.  Can further add to our PK.

-That 2nd line of Couture, Suter, and Mikheyev would have three elite defensive players and could be a legit shut down line (with some half decent offensive potential).  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

• -dlc- changed the title to [Proposal] Kuzmenko + Mikheyev for Couture and Duclair

Couture's only just started his season. While he's been pretty consistent over the years, he seems like a risk until we can see how his season starts.

Like sure, he could become a beast for us... or he could become the next OEL. We don't really know. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

• Jeremy Hronek changed the title to [Proposal] Kuzmenko + Myers for Couture and Rutta (updated proposal)
On 1/26/2024 at 7:00 AM, The Lock said:

Couture's only just started his season. While he's been pretty consistent over the years, he seems like a risk until we can see how his season starts.

Like sure, he could become a beast for us... or he could become the next OEL. We don't really know. lol

Very true but due to his age, cap hit, and term, acquiring him might not cost us significant assets.

Ps - I’ve updated my proposal.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:14 PM, Pears said:

We'd 100% have to add more futures for Couture alone lol but I think I would do it for sure. 

Relative to guys like Lindholm, Guentzel, Jenner, etc., my thought is that we wouldn’t have to send as many picks or prospects due to Couture’s age, cap hit, and term.