[Waivers] BONINO, BONINO, BONINO

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

This could be a good pickup. Ruzicka is big with high skill. It just seems to play a smaller game and is very streaky. If he figures it out, could be a heck of a player.

Smart pickup for a team within striking distance of both Nashville and LA

I keep waiting for Arizona to slip but they haven't thus far

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

That's wrong.  We are 14th in the league @ 80.3%.  87.9% in our last 10 games.

So we moved up a bit in the last game or two.  

If we had 4 great pkers, it would be top 5.  
we have some ok ones, thus our middle of the road, usually poor pk

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

With the Flames losing players, I think it would increase the asking price of Lindholm. I think he will be out of Vancouver's price range.

Realistically, unless Calgary flubs things, he should be. 

Seems unlikely we're interested in moving Lekkerimaki or Willander which leaves interesting, but unspectacular pieces. 

Our 1st will be middling at best, possibly later, next year's 1st is probably more of the same alongside our 2nd. Podz is interesting but has yet to prove himself, Raty is just potential at this point, so is Bains. Hoglander could be interesting to them, he's shown more at the NHL level but he'd probably be a complimentary piece in any deal.

Calgary can, and should, retain 50% to up their return. If they do that they should be getting at least a 1st from another playoff bound team plus a top prospect if they're taking neutral or negative cap back to facilitate the deal. 

Lindholm isn't what he was a couple seasons back alongside Gaudreau and Tkachuk, but with the center market being thin he doesn't necessarily have to be. 

If Calgary wants to turn things around sooner than later they're probably better off shipping him East too as opposed to trading him to a direct rival, because odds are if we trade for him we'll probably try to extend him.

Edited by Coconuts

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

With the Flames losing players, I think it would increase the asking price of Lindholm. I think he will be out of Vancouver's price range.

I'd also suspect it increases the pressure on them to get something for him though.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

If he clears, I wouldn't mind making a minor move to acquire him as depth going into the playoffs. 

Have him as a 13th/14th forward would be great to have especially if we run into injuries down the stretch drive. I love Raty and Sasson, but they ain't ready for primetime minutes and Dries is meh.

I'm always game for adding cagey veterans to be extra depth. He is a dependable 4th liner now, and knows JR and Tocchet very well. I think he would adjust quite quickly to our system.

He’s a washed up 35 year old that another top team doesn’t deem worthy of being their 13/14 forward. Why FFS would we?
Maybe he can help clean pucks……

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Not gonna lie, I totally lost track of what team he was on lol... 

I lost a ton of respect for him when he faked being high sticked in the playoffs while he was on the Penguins playing the Caps. 

I'd sleep with Alflives if it meant the Canucks winning the Cup.🥸

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't think losing waiver fodder will influence their rental prices at all. I doubt they lost any sleep over these claims. Just opens up a few contract spots.

The flames could be a very enticing team to college UFAs in a few months. Lots of holes left after the trade deadline and opportunities to play.

• Cheers 1