[Waivers] BONINO, BONINO, BONINO

Could be the end, he's already passed through waivers and nobody took a flyer on him.

Probably doesn't want to bus around in the minors at his age, he's made plenty of money over the course of his career. 

36 in April, won a couple cups with Crosby, most players are lucky if they manage to win one. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Could be the end, he's already passed through waivers and nobody took a flyer on him.

Probably doesn't want to bus around in the minors at his age, he's made plenty of money over the course of his career. 

36 in April, won a couple cups with Crosby, most players are lucky if they manage to win one. 

Not a buyout window though.  So did he do something?  Refuse to report?  Mutual termination?  

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He's earned this imo. Someone might pick him up for playoff depth if they can't make a deal. 

I wonder if he'd be ok with Abby?

I doubt he'd be up for AHL hockey, most guys at almost 36 probably aren't interested in swapping first class NHL travel and accommodation for AHL bussing and standard hotel accommodations

He'd probably accept an NHL spot somewhere

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He's earned this imo. Someone might pick him up for playoff depth if they can't make a deal. 

I wonder if he'd be ok with Abby?

I'm not sure why they wouldn't have just plucked him off waivers, but it sounds like he could probably get league minimum somewhere

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I doubt he'd be up for AHL hockey, most guys at almost 36 probably aren't interested in swapping first class NHL travel and accommodation for AHL bussing and standard hotel accommodations

He'd probably accept an NHL spot somewhere

Wait... so you're telling me we could have went this route with OEL and/or Loui Eriksson?  Just shove them down into the AHL until their spirit breaks and they ask for a contract termination? lol

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Wait... so you're telling me we could have went this route with OEL and/or Loui Eriksson?  Just shove them down into the AHL until their spirit breaks and they ask for a contract termination? lol

You do realise you're comparing a base 800K contract that ends this season with Bonino to a couple of multimillion dollar multi-year contracts, yes?

Also, we DID terminate OEL's contract in a similar way, just without the minors. The difference is how big the contract is.

It's kind of like saying "Hey, I can jump off of this 5 foot cliff. That must mean I can jump off a 50 foot cliff!"

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

You do realise you're comparing a base 800K contract that ends this season with Bonino to a couple of multimillion dollar multi-year contracts, yes?

Also, we DID terminate OEL's contract in a similar way, just without the minors. The difference is how big the contract is.

It's kind of like saying "Hey, I can jump off of this 5 foot cliff. That must mean I can jump off a 50 foot cliff!"

It was a joke man lol... chill.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets any takers or not.

On one hand, you have players like Bailey and Kessel still free agents who played last year. On the other hand, Bonino's a center, which is unlike a lot of the other free agents still on the market.

21 hours ago, HKSR said:

OEL had a NMC. He wasn't eligible to be sent to the AHL unless he agreed to it. 

• Cheers 1