Speculation- Hughes wanting Canucks to trade for Tanev

3 hours ago, Captain insano said:

The interview was pretty much like a recruitment from our fan base it was hilarious 

it's not just us who want this, the rest of the league seems to be manifesting it too.

the universe is pushing him back here, where he's meant to be. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sounded like PA wasn't keen on acquiring any more defencemen after his last interview, and that we're going for a top-6 forward who can ideally play center. Makes a lot of sense obviously and I prefer Zadorov on our team because it gives us the option to extend him and build going forward, whereas Tanev is a fairly short-term solution. That being said, Tanev might be serviceable even next year and means we can let Cole and Myers go. We've got Hughes and Hronek solidly for the next 5+ years, then Zadorov and Soucy in our bottom-4 rotating around but we really need a solid 4th overall guy. Myers is going to ask for too much money so we'll let him walk. Cole could maybe come back for 2-3M but he'll be a year older and much slower next year surely. Tanev at 33-34 years old could fit that role to a tee and maybe we could get him to sign cheaply, say 2-3M and play him a good 16-17 minutes? There are a few RDs out there in the UFA list for next year but we might as well acquire one now for a good playoff run while we're peaking.

I don't think Tanev's worth a 1st, he's not playing 20+ minutes anymore. Lindholm as a rental is worth a 1st and decent prospect. Tanev is surely worth something like a 2nd and lesser prospect.

There is certainly a big deal there which could be done with Calgary revolving around Kuzmenko + 1st + decent prospect. I'd be tempted to even give up D.Petey if it means we get Lindholm and Tanev but obviously they'd have to retain enough to get them in. 

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Garland - Blueger - Joshua

Aman - Suter - Lafferty

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Tanev

Cole - Myers

Soucy

That's a Cup-worthy defence and will be the only opportunity we have to get all these guys together before the old guys leave. Up front, if we break up the Lotto line we have unreal depth and you could argue that's the deepest center pool in the league. Our weakness is arguably on wing - the least important position for the playoffs.

Why do so many people think Lindholm is worth so much, I could live with a first but 32 in 48 -10 after already having a fall production wise a year ago, maybe he’s nothing more that a 50 point guy that Gaudreau inflated for a couple years playing his wing 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Why do so many people think Lindholm is worth so much, I could live with a first but 32 in 48 -10 after already having a fall production wise a year ago, maybe he’s nothing more that a 50 point guy that Gaudreau inflated for a couple years playing his wing 

Petey is better than Gaudreau. Lindholm on Petey’s wing? Plus, Lindholm is likely cheaper than a first now. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey is better than Gaudreau. Lindholm on Petey’s wing? Plus, Lindholm is likely cheaper than a first now. 

Yah that’s my point he’s not worth a first and… he’s clearly not a line driver, late round first at most is all he’s worth 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain insano said:

I don't think he's worth that much but Calgary do and they know he's one of the prime TDL targets. I read somewhere that Calgary want a 1st + B-grade prospect for him, or A-grade prospect and 2nd. Think that's fair.

Then hearing they want a first for Tanev.

I wonder if that equates to a 1st + 2nd + Podkolzin/D.Petey for the two of them (plus we give them someone for cap).

9 hours ago, tas said:

it's not just us who want this, the rest of the league seems to be manifesting it too.

the universe is pushing him back here, where he's meant to be. 

Even if it's not till next year, if Calgary stays in the Playoffs race say, the writing definitely seems to be on the wall. 

On 1/26/2024 at 12:25 AM, Jester13 said:

For a 1st? Heck no to that. For a 3rd and B prospect, sure. 

Unfortunately there's probably going to be some team that is willing to pay for a 1st for Tanev 

14 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Unfortunately there's probably going to be some team that is willing to pay for a 1st for Tanev 

Toronto might do it. Edmonton probably should but they won’t. 

I'm just going to say that it's one thing to want just Tanev. It's entirely another thing to want Lindholm along with Tanev. How exactly did these discussions go from something reasonably realistic to turning into an EA NHL proposal thread? lol

24 minutes ago, Dom said:

It's gonna hurt to acquire both but I think this is fair

To Van:

Lindholm (50% retained)

Tanev (50% retained)

To Cgy:

1st 2024

2nd 2025

Mikheyev

Raty

Woo

Flame away! 

Swap Kuz Missile for Mik and kaboom! 

• Cheers 1

Please no ex Canucks, has beens or injury prone players. I'd prefer we get players that are flying under the radar that can play under Rick's system well.

Big strong, high character/role player guys that bring it the playoffs. I don't want to be pushed around in the playoffs.

Maybe bring in another vet with a SC winning pedigree. Can't wait to see who we add the boys deserve it.

46 minutes ago, Dom said:

It's gonna hurt to acquire both but I think this is fair

To Van:

Lindholm (50% retained)

Tanev (50% retained)

To Cgy:

1st 2024

2nd 2025

Mikheyev

Raty

Woo

Flame away! 

That's a lot of futures for 2 rentals.

14 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

That's a lot of futures for 2 rentals.

Sure is. The only way it can happen is if Calgary retains 50% on each player & that isn't happening unless you pay up. I think it's worth it and makes us much better. 

I'm OK with the defense as is. Would be awesome to add Tanev but the only way I see that happening is by trading Myers. I'd love to see Lindholm (50% retained) and Vatrano added. 

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Lindholm-Petey-Vatrano

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Mikheyev-Lafferty-Hoglander

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Cole

Juulsen

If the offense sputters at all there would be so many options to switch things up. Having Mikheyev and Hoglander on the "4th line" would be absolutely insane depth.

• Like 1

Just now, zduck14 said:

I'm OK with the defense as is. Would be awesome to add Tanev but the only way I see that happening is by trading Myers. I'd love to see Lindholm (50% retained) and Vatrano added. 

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Lindholm-Petey-Vatrano

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Mikheyev-Lafferty-Hoglander

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Cole

Juulsen

If the offense sputters at all there would be so many options to switch things up. Having Mikheyev and Hoglander on the "4th line" would be absolutely insane depth.

4D31A02F-A294-409F-BE37-B150D2A01073.gif.a4f0463b1e46add278070203a6e0ef56.gif

34 minutes ago, Dom said:

Sure is. The only way it can happen is if Calgary retains 50% on each player & that isn't happening unless you pay up. I think it's worth it and makes us much better. 

Don't like spending all that for 1 shot.

Another way to improve at the TDL using similar assets could be:

To STL: Kuzmenko + 2024 1st round pick

To VAN: Buchnevich (note: signed for next season, so not a pure rental)

To CHI: Raty

To VAN: Chicago takes on 50% retention on Buchnevich

To NSH: 2025 2nd round pick

To VAN: Carrier (RH defensively sound PMD)

To ANA: 2024 4th round pick

To VAN: Carrick (RH 4th line C that plays physical)

To MIN: 2024 4th round pick

To VAN: Maroon (toughness for the playoffs)

Lineup after TDL:

Buchnevich Pettersson Mikheyev

Suter Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Carrick Lafferty

Maroon

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov Myers

Cole Carrier

Soucy Juulsen

Friedman

Sign either Carrier or Tanev in the off season if we have cap space...

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah, true. I'd rather keep the 1st and roll with who we have. Tanev is a nice to have, not a need to have.