[Report] Jackets will listen on Laine and Provorov

1 hour ago, HughesYerDaddy said:

Jenner is who we would really want. Great cap hit with term and would be a 30 goal scorer again with some more talented wingers. Also has 55% in the face off circle.

I'd say his biggest obstacle would be health wise. He scores on a 30 goal pace almost every year bit hasn't had a full season in over 7 years.

Edited by Coryberg

Why doesn't Columbus ownership change the GM? That dude is clearly the issue. He is responsible for 100% of that mess. They had no business taking on Provorov.. It as very clear his best hockey as past him and Philadelphia were trying EVERYTHING to move him. Laine is a HARD pass as well.  That Severson contract is hilarious too! Not even mentioning the Babcock comedy show earlier this year.. I wouldn't be letting Jarmo Kekalainen make any decisions going forward. 

• Cheers 1

If Prov was a righty I'd take him to upgrade over Myers.

Honestly in order to upgrade our defense it would take a high end Lefty for it to make sense, even a higher end righty too. Myers is the one I'd be first to replace when Soucy is healthy, so a lefty would leave only Hronek as a righty.

Since Laine's comments about the team (the video game ones), I've personally turned the page on him. Massive guy, charmin soft and is probably done with his next concussion (how ironic). Phenomenal scorer but doesn't have the brains to follow and make it a consistent threat. Any team giving up more than a 2nd for him is going to get the wrong end of the stick, imo. 

No need for Provorov. If we need anything out of CLB, it's Boone or 1 of Severson/Gudbranson, heavily retained. Roslovick would be nice as well.

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi

CBJ cap situation is interesting. Tons of RFAs this year and some next year too to figure out.

The young Russians have done really well-wonder if guys like Kent Johnson might get squeezed out

I don't think they're going to be able to move Laine and his $8.7M cap hit. I'm sure they would like to though. Maybe they're willing to retain 50% and someone bites.

Provorov on the other hand should get them a big hull. Top pairing defenseman averaging almost 23min/game and 3min/game on the PK who is also putting up points at a 40 point pace. Add to that he's decently physical and is only a $4.725M cap hit. Someone will be willing to pay heavily for his services. I don't think we need more LHD though.

2 hours ago, Swizzey said:

Russian?

Provorov, in a manner of speaking, has come out against anything to do with Pride given his stated homophobic religious views. While his opinion is as valid as yours and mine, it may run contrary to and be unwelcomed by a majority of Canuck fans.

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

How does Jarmo still have a job?

I do agree that it's pretty evident that they need a change in leadership. He had a decent team at one point and things were looking hopeful... now, not so much.

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Reg said:

Provorov, in a manner of speaking, has come out against anything to do with Pride given his stated homophobic religious views. While his opinion is as valid as yours and mine, it may run contrary to and be unwelcomed by a majority of Canuck fans.

That’s definitely the most important thing management is thinking in acquiring a player for a Stanley Cup run…

1 minute ago, Swizzey said:

That’s definitely the most important thing management is thinking in acquiring a player for a Stanley Cup run…

Well for sure management takes into account a player’s character when looking into trading for them. Clearly Provorov is against gay people and he’s a coward too. Zero chance our management will want that pos on their team. Plus, he stinks as a player. Easily a no to bigoted puck sucker cowards. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Swizzey said:

Yeah, nothing like bringing in a guy with character issues to load up.  Let this worthless piece of shit rot in Columbus.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Reg said:

Ya who wants a guy who doesn't bend to the alphabet mafia. lmao...He's not woke enough and would be unwelcome  by " some " Canuck fans .

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Well for sure management takes into account a player’s character when looking into trading for them. Clearly Provorov is against gay people and he’s a coward too. Zero chance our management will want that pos on their team. Plus, he stinks as a player. Easily a no to bigoted puck sucker cowards. 

Talking about bigots and a coward bud,look in the mirror. Provorov has every right to his beliefs ..you keep with the Alphabet Media koolaid and boosters and the rest of us will stick to " just hockey"  instead of bringing in politics, sexual preference and pronouns to the game.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2