[Report] Jackets will listen on Laine and Provorov

13 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

Talking about bigots and a coward bud,look in the mirror. Provorov has every right to his beliefs ..you keep with the Alphabet Media koolaid and boosters and the rest of us will stick to " just hockey"  instead of bringing in politics, sexual preference and pronouns to the game.

Ew

• Cheers 1

We certainly don't need to be adding former stars/wasted potential passed around players to an elite core right now, but if they're selling low...

Provorov is scoring at a 40 point pace and getting shelled defensively but at under a 5M cap hit, I wonder if we could treat him like a 2nd pairing defenceman and that might improve his numbers. He's more of a puck mover but maybe he could shift to a defensive shutdown guy with the right partner?

Kuzmenko + 1st should be enough for him (Kuz just for the cap). He's certainly not the type of player I'd target (same as Chychrun) - we need more of a shutdown young LD (Marcus Pettersson, Hanifin), but maybe with reduced minutes and a different role he could mould his game into his physicality.

Hughes - Hronek
Provorov - Cole

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy

5 hours ago, UncleBen said:

Talking about bigots and a coward bud,look in the mirror. Provorov has every right to his beliefs ..you keep with the Alphabet Media koolaid and boosters and the rest of us will stick to " just hockey"  instead of bringing in politics, sexual preference and pronouns to the game.

63FFE88C-F02B-4AE7-A6BC-6E18F4F063F1.gif.ee2779b99a4edba666441d48b286e778.gif

On 1/26/2024 at 8:34 AM, Grandmaster said:

Kind of weird how both Laine and PLD both had so much promise when they first started and now have little impact and terrible contracts. 

PLD hasn't been good in LA, but he was very good in Winnipeg

1 hour ago, Swizzey said:

Lots of Provorov hate for not wearing the pride jersey. I admire him for standing up for what he believes in. 

I as well. Just keep the jerseys and the gear on the ice standard issue. Like the NFL. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Cause a few soft bleeding hearts will cry about it  on the internet?

He'd be fine.

Luckily I don't think this management group would want a bigot like that on the team, nor would the players

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

Cause a few soft bleeding hearts will cry about it  on the internet?

He'd be fine.

Provorov is not only a bigot but he’s a coward for how he tried to hide behind religion. We would have zero interest in that type of person. 

On 1/27/2024 at 1:41 AM, UncleBen said:

On 1/27/2024 at 4:03 AM, BornMello said:

What did I miss? Why is he a coward? Also why wcan’t he have his own opinion??

Try as you folks might, freedom of religion does not excuse you from consequences for bigotry.

A person is free to practice whatever religion they like. They're even free to believe (incorrectly) bigoted views supposedly based on said religion. They're however not free from consequences of bigoted words/actions based on those beliefs. Just as slavery (condoned in the Bible) would not be free of consequences.

P.S. Jesus would be on the "alphabet people's" side.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1