[Signing] Flyers extend Tippet

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Players are frequently paid on what they've done recently, if he follows this season up with another 30 goal season or two you're probably looking at closer to 8

But yeah, with the cap rising the asking price for UFA top 6 wingers, or pending UFA top 6 wingers, probably goes up alongside it

Something in the mid 7's really wouldn't be much of a jump 

I don't expect players to pay things back, which isn't to say I don't think Brock wouldn't be more likely to play ball with the Canucks than other UFA wingers of similar caliber 

To me he's earning a modest raise, if he does it again next year.    You can't negotiate a deal on an outlier year.    Been one of his biggest supporters too.    Streaky.  Courtnall and Adams versus Brock.   So far he's at the bottom of that list of guys, but working his way up. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Players get paid based on results, and sometimes potential, not what if's

Top 6 players with skill produce with other high caliber players, that's not news

Guentzel has still be paid handsomely to play alongside Crosby for example, and given he's due for a raise, likely will be again

Sorry mate just telling it like it is, if he gets a raise we will be hurting. 

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

To me he's earning a modest raise, if he does it again next year.    You can't negotiate a deal on an outlier year.    Been one of his biggest supporters too.    Streaky.  Courtnall and Adams versus Brock.   So far he's at the bottom of that list of guys, but working his way up. 

Roughly 1M would be modest, 7.5M wouldn't even be a full 1M

Brock will benefit from two cap jumps, this offseason's and likely next 

I agree that it's best not to pay for outliers, but as the cap rises so will contracts, a rising cap raises all ships so to speak

Except top six players, starters, and top 4D will always eat up more of the pie 

Sometimes it's better to look at contracts in terms of cap percentage, Guentzel's 6M isn't the same as what it was when he first signed his extension for example 

6 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Sorry mate just telling it like it is, if he gets a raise we will be hurting. 

Doubtful, unless you think he'll be asking for the moon 

Boeser will almost certainly get a raise if he stays, or of he goes, it is what it is

You don't have to be a play driver to be valuable, you need complimentary guys who can produce as well

Edited by Coconuts
  • Sad 1

It’s obvious for anyone to see that his health and mental wellbeing are at its best this year.  I think the past problems are gone and having RT coaching him to be a 200 ft player has helped.  I can see Boeser being a 30+g 70pt player for another 2-3 yrs (depending on linemates).

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

It’s obvious for anyone to see that his health and mental wellbeing are at its best this year.  I think the past problems are gone and having RT coaching him to be a 200 ft player has helped.  I can see Boeser being a 30+g 70pt player for another 2-3 yrs (depending on linemates).

I don't think the importance of that can be understated

Grief is different for everyone, he seems to be in a better place now

51 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Remember when Flyers fans weren't happy with the return they got for Giroux?

Looks like it turned out pretty well for them.

Tippett was a great target for them. A still young prospect with a lot of potential that was underperforming so far in the NHL. They also haven't used the 1st they got in the trade yet.

I'm hoping we managed to do something similar with Raty.

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Thinking on $7-7.5M x 5-6 yr with for Brock.  Slight bump up from his current $6.65M.

My my people have a short memory. Brock started hot but already looks checked out again. He doesn't do anything when he's not scoring. If he regresses back to a 25g  player which is very likely that will be a terrible deal. Brock doesn't hit or block or check or drive play. I don't understand the love affair fans have w him. He's a great guy with great hair. 7m + would be silly. No way I'd give him more than the deal Kuzi just signed. If he walks Ufa someone else can have him for 7+. No more big money deals please for guys like Mik Kuz Brock who don't have a multi faceted game. 

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yikes! Sure makes the Boeser contract look even better!!! 

we have Boesser on a fair deal.  Doubt we can resign him for a discount next contract.  Minnesotas gunna have 15 mill dead cap coming off their books same year he becomes UFA

4 hours ago, Hammertime said:

My my people have a short memory. Brock started hot but already looks checked out again. He doesn't do anything when he's not scoring. If he regresses back to a 25g  player which is very likely that will be a terrible deal. Brock doesn't hit or block or check or drive play. I don't understand the love affair fans have w him. He's a great guy with great hair. 7m + would be silly. No way I'd give him more than the deal Kuzi just signed. If he walks Ufa someone else can have him for 7+. No more big money deals please for guys like Mik Kuz Brock who don't have a multi faceted game. 

his hometown will pay him. plus caps gunna be pushing 100 million by then. over 6 billion revenue this past year. he's gunna get a pay raise even if he signs for the exact same percentage

Edited by Iron Fist

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

No they won't. They aren't stupid. Hek they wouldn't even swap him for Dumba. 

what you on about? Dumba was what they offered everyone in the league. nobody wanted him. he had to sign in arizona for 2.5 less