All the wise asses who hyped the LA Kings pre collapse

26 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Dan Cloutier I think tied for 2nd in the league in shutouts during the regular season once.  You ever feel comfortable having him in net for a playoff game?🕵️‍♀️

Some goalie has to come in second in the league in shutouts every year, but it's not every year you see a team go on a 15 game heater.

38 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

By getting lucky.  They have an ECHLer, a PWHLer, and three AHLers on D.  They are not a good hockey team and will get exposed in the playoffs.

Getting lucky 15 games in a row 🤪

It's okay to hate them and also admit they are playing good hockey right now. 

The Kings, on the other hand...

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

By getting lucky.  They have an ECHLer, a PWHLer, and three AHLers on D.  They are not a good hockey team and will get exposed in the playoffs.

Not this again.  The entire team has been a brick wall defensively.  December 22 was the last day they gave up over 2 goals.  Your little diatribe is completely falling apart.  That blueline of ECHL/AHL/PWHL defencemen has performed better than ours.

maybe I'm being biased, but the greasers win streak is not impressive to me... they've had a baby shit soft schedule with lots of rest facing bottom feeders and struggling good teams (at the time they played them). 

they average like 4 PPs a game and have the fewest games played in the entire league. 

that team is going to get clapped by the Jets, Canucks or any team with scoring depth and good goaltending.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Fuck the Kings as a staff, record label and as a mother fucking crew.

Actually, **** all teams other than the Canucks.

Granted, teams like the Oilers, Flames & Leafs are like chicken manure vs horse manure (the rest of the teams not named Vancouver Canucks).🥸

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Not this again.  The entire team has been a brick wall defensively.  December 22 was the last day they gave up over 2 goals.  Your little diatribe is completely falling apart.  That blueline of ECHL/AHL/PWHL defencemen has performed better than ours.

Yup and Bouchard have been better and more consistent than hronek this season if you look at it without tinted glasses. If Bouchard is an echl/AHL/pwgl defenceman then our whole defence crop outside of Hughes is too then.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Yup and Bouchard have been better and more consistent than hronek this season if you look at it without tinted glasses. If Bouchard is an echl/AHL/pwgl defenceman then our whole defence crop outside of Hughes is too then.

F the Coilers. Hronek is a way better player than Bouchard. Only a smelly Coiler fan would suggest otherwise. 
Go fish in another pond. 
44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

maybe I'm being biased, but the greasers win streak is not impressive to me... they've had a baby shit soft schedule with lots of rest facing bottom feeders and struggling good teams (at the time they played them). 

they average like 4 PPs a game and have the fewest games played in the entire league. 

that team is going to get clapped by the Jets, Canucks or any team with scoring depth and good goaltending.

Yup. The league is pandering to the Coilers so they can get Mcwhiner Baby on TV and into the playoffs. F the Soilers, their city, and their fans. Don’t get why any true Canuck fan would ever post positive things about another club while disparaging ours. Unless they’re not real fans are are just fishing, of course. 

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

So what good teams have we played that wasn’t struggling when we played them recently? We played 7-8 games against the bottom feeders too in the last 5 weeks.. and we got clapped by Philadelphia St. Louis x2 and Columbus during the same stretch. 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

So what good teams have we played that wasn’t struggling when we played them recently? We played 7-8 games against the bottom feeders too in the last 5 weeks.. and we got clapped by Philadelphia St. Louis x2 and Columbus during the same stretch. 

IMHAO it’s only a matter of time before the inevitable devastating injury strikes the Coilers. I don’t like how McWhiner Baby exposes his knees. Such a great player but he needs to be smarter. Only a matter of when he loses one a collision. Don’t want it to happen but can’t help to see it’s inevitable. 

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO it’s only a matter of time before the inevitable devastating injury strikes the Coilers. I don’t like how McWhiner Baby exposes his knees. Such a great player but he needs to be smarter. Only a matter of when he loses one a collision. Don’t want it to happen but can’t help to see it’s inevitable. 

Once again it sounds like you're wishing for players to get injured.  All you seem to talk about is how other teams' players are going to get devastatingly injured, or you make fun of players when they actually do get injured. 

What kind of person thinks that way?

2 hours ago, Trebreh said:

What a terrible assessment.  The longest win streak in history is 17, during the Mario/Jagr cup era.  The Oilers have 15.  Do you realize how difficult it is to win that many games in a row?  We have lost to trash teams this year.  We lost to San Jose.  We lost to Columbus.  We could play Chicago/San Jose for 15 games straight, and the odds of us going 15-0 is infinitesimal.

On top of that, the Oilers have given up no more than two goals per game in the entire streak.  Think about that.  We are first in the league and we are not even that sturdy defensively.  You can make as many pathetic excuses as you want to make yourself feel better, but 15 games is 15 games.  That is an incredible accomplishment and it's intimidating to opponents each night.

Do I think the Canucks can beat them?  Yes.  Do I think they are anything resembling the team that we faced back in October?  Are you being serious right now?

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

The Oilers aren't even scoring crazy amounts during this stretch.  They're just not giving anything up defensively.

Evan Bouchard had some major concerns going into the season.  He got exposed defensively and looked like he was standing still in the neutral zone.  Those concerns were elevated to 11 when the season actually started.  All of that seems to have gone away since the coaching change.  The man is backchecking hard.  He is retrieving the puck and successfully moving it up the ice.  On top of that, he's doing his usual thing and scoring at a torrid pace.  He is still prone to making the occasional defensive gaffe, but he more than makes up for it overall.

On the one hand, the Oilers were clearly right to bet on Bouchard over Tyson Barrie, who was not a PPG player even on that historical powerplay.  Now he's getting healthy scratched in Nashville.  On the other hand... the Oilers did not go all-in on Bouchard, and now they are going to have to pay an arm and a leg in two years' time.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Bouchard would be lucky to make a good ECHL team.  The way he plays in his own zone is simply unacceptable on any legit NHL roster.  He's worse than useless and has shown zero sign of being willing to learn how to play his position.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Bouchard would be lucky to make a good ECHL team.  The way he plays in his own zone is simply unacceptable on any legit NHL roster.  He's worse than useless and has shown zero sign of being willing to learn how to play his position.

Alf? Is that you?

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

someone certainly doesnt watch the oilers and just spewing crap out of his mouth. Bouchard have improved his play 10 folds under new coaching and they are playing a new defensive system that's stifling other teams chances.. if he's lucky to make an echl team... more than half our defence is worse than an echl team then.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, you're just talking completely out of your ass.  Anyone who has actually watched him this season will know that he's shown EVERY indication of learning his position.  All I hear from opposing fans are "I hate Bouchard" or "Bouchard killed us tonight".  Tell me honestly - how many Oilers games (not counting the Canucks) did you watch this year?  I've watched three - one Woodcroft game and two Knoblauch games.

Edited by Miss Korea

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Yeah, you're just talking completely out of your ass.  Anyone who has actually watched him this season will know that he's shown EVERY indication of learning his position.  All I hear from opposing fans are "I hate Bouchard" or "Bouchard killed us tonight".  Tell me honestly - how many Oilers games (not counting the Canucks) did you watch this year?  I've watched three - one Woodcroft game and two Knoblauch games.

About five or so.  He's slow, soft, selfish, and stupid.  I've seen seen 13 year olds growing their first beard with better coverage than he provides in his own zone.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

About five or so.  He's slow, soft, selfish, and stupid.  I've seen seen 13 year olds growing their first beard with better coverage than he provides in his own zone.

I challenge you to find someone who shares the views you do.  There should be at least one journalist or even someone like us who can vouch for your opinion of Evan Bouchard. 

All the words I see associated with him in news articles are "flourishing, maturation, dominating, unlocking potential, spectacular, Norris candidate"...  The words you're looking for are all from last year.

One article or even one fan.  That's all I'm looking for, Heffy.

Edited by Miss Korea

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

I challenge you to find someone who shares the views you do.  There should be at least one journalist or even someone like us who can vouch for your opinion of Evan Bouchard. 

All the words I see associated with him in news articles are "flourishing, maturation, dominating, unlocking potential, spectacular, Norris candidate"...  The words you're looking for are all from last year.

One article or even one fan.  That's all I'm looking for, Heffy.

I stand by my opinion.  As you know, I have much less tolerance for defencemen who play like trash in their own zone than most.  Looking forward to seeing him cost Edmonton multiple games in the playoffs with teams loading up their stars against his pairing for the effect of a free powerplay.