CASE CLOSED: Docs Prove Wuhan Lab Leak

AatuD2

13 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Don't know, but from what I've seen in the past, people of this ilk throw so much shit at the wall, if anything sticks they believe it justifies all of their crackpot theories. See above, "trump was right, lol"

Yeah, I think a lot of the time these particular groups want to think something is right no matter the evidence, or lack of evidence, towards it. It's kind of like trying to do a scientific paper backwards where they come up with the conclusion (where it has to be correct in their eyes) rather than come up with a hypothesis (where they have a theory but are willing for it to be proven wrong).

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Don't know, but from what I've seen in the past, people of this ilk throw so much shit at the wall, if anything sticks they believe it justifies all of their crackpot theories. See above, "trump was right, lol"

I will give trump credit for starting vaccine fast tracking in the US.

But I wonder if he regrets that now, given how many anti vaxxers there are in his base?

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

No that's where the people who deny it started in a lab are going.  They don't want to have to admit that Trump was right lol

I don't really care who is right as long as they are actually right and the only thing I am denying is that there is concrete proof of the lab scenario.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I don't really care who is right as long as they are actually right and the only thing I am denying is that there is concrete proof of the lab scenario.

I'll even admit I think it's slightly more likely it was lab created.  People posting garbage sources and claiming they're definitive proof is only hurting their case though 

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'll even admit I think it's slightly more likely it was lab created.  People posting garbage sources and claiming they're definitive proof is only hurting their case though 

its kind of a pointless discussion. China will just say "no it wasn't" and we're still left with having to develop and maintain vaccines for it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its kind of a pointless discussion. China will just say "no it wasn't" and we're still left with having to develop and maintain vaccines for it. 

If it turns out to be an accidental lab leak it will most likely have governments reconsidering partnering with China on virus research in the future. I believe the US is already pulling out and moving operations back home. As far as holding China accountable, as a great man once said, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first. 

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

If it turns out to be an accidental lab leak it will most likely have governments reconsidering partnering with China on virus research in the future. I believe the US is already pulling out and moving operations back home. As far as holding China accountable, as a great man once said, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first. 

Agencies like the NIH have been cracking down on reporting requirements includling one that became effective at the beginning of this year - all foreign subrecipients of NIH funding are now required to provide access to their lab notebooks and other scientific data to support the progress report information that they've provided to pass-through entities (ie. the primary recipients of NIH funding who sub-granted the funds to the foreign entity).  The superficial goal is to establish accountability for the scientific assertions made in the scientific progress reports, but the actual unspoken goal is to ensure that if there is any sort of hanky-panky going on where there is science beyond the funded study protocols are happening, that there might be a chance for the pass-through entity to identify from the data and intervene, or at least stop the funding to the subrecipient and let NIH know.

• Cheers 2

I'm all in favour of the science, and vaccines. . And I was appalled  at Trump using his influence to question the science, and the vaccine's effectiveness.  Not forcefully rebuking the conspiracy theorists about the vaccine actually being harmful etc....Resulting in twice as many deaths per capita than Canada.

But I always thought there was just as much reason, if not more, to believe that the virus escaped a lab.....in the area that the virus was first reported....where they were experimenting with that exact thing.  Duh.

So I was, and am, perplexed that others who are sane enough to believe in vaccines, and how deadly the virus was, who supported our governments actions to quell it, reject the leak idea, just because the US government said so.  

It has only given the MAGA flat earthers a reason to twist that into a "win".  And they will conflate that to being right about EVERYTHING.  Just because they caught Fauci, who never completely ruled out the leak theory, pushing the natural cause theory for so long. 

I wouldn't rule out that it was leaked purposely. But most likely an accidental leak. But why does that fact null and void all facts that follow?  If Fauci was covering it up, it could be under the orders of the CIA, who knows? For good or for nefarious purposes.  Whatever the reason, logic does not follow that if they catch Fauci in a stumble, that he, along with the whole planet of medical viral scientists and doctors are also lying about the virus and the vaccines. Its just illogical and stupid. The virus still originated from there, and spread over the globe. That happened.

Also dumb to make it into a racism issue.  If the Chinese had too lax a security system in place for their lab, they should admit it.  They should be held accountable.  If a lie was told about the origin simply to save face for China...sorry that's not a good enough reason.

Edited by kilgore
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I'm all in favour of the science, and vaccines. . And I was appalled  at Trump using his influence to question the science, and the vaccine's effectiveness.  Not forcefully rebuking the conspiracy theorists about the vaccine actually being harmful etc....Resulting in twice as many deaths per capita than Canada.

But I always thought there was just as much reason, if not more, to believe that the virus escaped a lab.....in the area that the virus was first reported....where they were experimenting with that exact thing.  Duh.

So I was, and am, perplexed that others who are sane enough to believe in vaccines, and how deadly the virus was, who supported our governments actions to quell it, reject the leak idea, just because the US government said so.  

It has only given the MAGA flat earthers a reason to twist that into a "win".  And they will conflate that to being right about EVERYTHING.  Just because they caught Fauci, who never completely ruled out the leak theory, pushing the natural cause theory for so long. 

I wouldn't rule out that it was leaked purposely. But most likely an accidental leak. But why does that fact null and void all facts that follow?  If Fauci was covering it up, it could be under the orders of the CIA, who knows? For good or for nefarious purposes.  Whatever the reason, logic does not follow that if they catch Fauci in a stumble, that he, along with the whole planet of medical viral scientists and doctors are also lying about the virus and the vaccines. Its just illogical and stupid. The virus still originated from there, and spread over the globe. That happened.

Also dumb to make it into a racism issue.  If the Chinese had too lax a security system in place for their lab, they should admit it.  They should be held accountable.  If a lie was told about the origin simply to save face for China...sorry that's not a good enough reason.

For the record, personally, I don't reject the idea. It could prove to be true. It could also prove to be false.

Where I question things are when the people reporting it are all from the same crowd that wants it to be true. I question wordings such as "case closed" since those words are there to neglect any thoughts from the other side. It's kind of like saying something and almost expecting it to be proven wrong, so you call it "case closed" before that can happen. Essentially, it's straight up playing a mental game more than trying to figure out what actually happened and that's where I have my problem.

If this shows up on mainstream media or at least even in places that are about presenting straight facts, then I'm willing to believe it more. Until then, it's hard to not think of it as an agenda more than a fact.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I will give trump credit for starting vaccine fast tracking in the US.

But I wonder if he regrets that now, given how many anti vaxxers there are in his base?

Trump doesn’t care just so long as the horsey paste eaters vote for him. He’s vaccinated. People like Trump are always vaccinated. They’re not stupid and know vaccines are needed. But Trump will make a big deal about where the virus is from to deflect from what’s most important. And that is the vaccines are amazing and only morans don’t get them. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trump doesn’t care just so long as the horsey paste eaters vote for him. He’s vaccinated. People like Trump are always vaccinated. They’re not stupid and know vaccines are needed. But Trump will make a big deal about where the virus is from to deflect from what’s most important. And that is the vaccines are amazing and only morans don’t get them. 

You would think the anti vaxxers would wonder why trump got vaccinated.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, kilgore said:

I'm not rejecting the idea, I just want a valid source proving it.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not rejecting the idea, I just want a valid source proving it.

Yup.  One way or the other, we still need more proof, either way.  I just find it disturbingly amusing that the far right can formulate their conclusions with such leaps of logic:

Proof of Fauci being wrong in his insistence that it came from natural sources only

=

Fauci being wrong about the pandemic, masks, and shutdowns

=

COVID is fake or at worst a bad cold.  An excuse for Big Gobmint to inject poison, or a nanobot, or a poisoned nanobot into your arm.

Oh, and the Earth is probably flat as a pancake

Edited by kilgore
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yup.  One way or the other, we still need more proof, either way.  I just find it disturbingly amusing that the far right can formulate their conclusions with such leaps of logic:

Proof of Fauci being wrong in his insistence that it came from natural sources only

=

Fauci being wrong about the pandemic, masks, and shutdowns

=

COVID is fake or at worst a bad cold.  An excuse for Big Gobmint to inject poison, or a nanobot, or a poisoned nanobot into your arm.

Oh, and the Earth is probably flat as a pancake

Somewhere, space is fake and NASA is a lie.

• ThereItIs 1

On 1/29/2024 at 9:00 AM, WeneedLumme said:

Maybe because it's the type of source that is only quoted by willfully ignorant anti-vax MAGA types?

Every time I see you post I feel like smoking some good kush.

We need weed lol

Lumme would be awesome too.

20 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Somewhere, space is fake and NASA is a lie.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

And humans never went to the moon. Those are all fake pictures. Shadows are off. There is no moon. 

The earth is also flat.