★[GDT] Canucks vs CBJ • Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Remember Kuz had that spotlight on him too, Mik has to take like a vet

Mik would be awesome on the 4th

As a checker

Mik was a staple on the top line last year. And nobody said a bad word about him. 

But now he's a 4th liner ? Jesus 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well I didn’t think Petey was good at all again. He just goes through these tired slumps. Just looks exhausted.

He’s getting checked real tight. 
Id start double shifting him with the 3rd and 4th line wingers and see if any chemistry is sparked

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

But Mik is the one people complain about. 😞

Both of them have been pretty useless this year for the role they are given. Mik really should not be on the 2nd line, he is not a 2nd liner. Kuz has been bad this year, but does have the skillset to be a 2nd liner if he can put it together.

I don't think Mik has the hockey IQ to play with Petey.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I swear Bluegar gets tossed in about 50% of his draws 

More than that it seems.  Its come to the point where Bluegar and the Ref just nod to each other as he's getting his stick ready, Its just a given. and he knows what to do. Doesn't need to say anything. Just skate away.

• Cheers 1

All that pressure, shots and notta to show for it. Maybe a few too many fancy plays, I don't know, but we gotta find a way to burry some;

And yes; Mik didn't get himself into position hardly at all. I'd say "he'll come around" but we're past the half way mark of the season and he isn't..

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The Mik and Kuz issue is huge right now. Crazy how 2/3 of the second line really doesn’t produce anything. They need to fix it somehow.

Maybe that's what we can spend our 1st on. Salary dumping both of them. So we can get more tweeners that haven't scored 39 goals in 3 seasons combined. 

1 minute ago, high flying Vee said:

He’s getting checked real tight. 
Id start double shifting him with the 3rd and 4th line wingers and see if any chemistry is sparked

Maybe but everything looks so difficult for him right now. It’s very weird to see him so up and down.

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

Both of them have been pretty useless this year for the role they are given. Mik really should not be on the 2nd line, he is not a 2nd liner. Kuz has been bad this year, but does have the skillset to be a 2nd liner if he can put it together.

I don't think Mik has the hockey IQ to play with Petey.

Petey and Kuz need a puck retrieval winger with them, they need a guy who’ll be like a dog in the corners and get them the puck, Mik is not that guy can’t have 3 perimeter players on the same line