★[GDT] Canucks vs CBJ • Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

Just now, Blue said:

Mik was a staple on the top line last year. And nobody said a bad word about him. 

But now he's a 4th liner ? Jesus 

Mik put up 28 points last year, his career best is 32 points in a season. He is a 3rd liner, he is not much of an offensive threat.

He's better than a 4th liner, but he's not playing as good as any of the 3 guys on our 3rd to bump one of them and we don't want to split that line up. So logically it makes sense to move Hogs up and Mik down.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Pycnotic said:

Petey and Kuz need a puck retrieval winger with them, they need a guy who’ll be like a dog in the corners and get them the puck, Mik is not that guy can’t have 3 perimeter players on the same line 

The Angry Elf?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Mik was a staple on the top line last year. And nobody said a bad word about him. 

But now he's a 4th liner ? Jesus 

Last season was last season.

Mikheyev hasn’t been good at all this season. He’s not a 4th liner, still a decent middle 6 guy, but at $4.7M, he’s not living up to that contract. Would be wise to move him for an upgrade to get a legitimate top 6 player.

• Confused 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Last season was last season.

Mikheyev hasn’t been good at all this season. He’s not a 4th liner, still a decent middle 6 guy, but at $4.7M, he’s not living up to that contract. Would be wise to move him for an upgrade to get a legitimate top 6 player.

We need to move anyone at around 5 mill who cant play top 6

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Future looks bright !!

That's great to see! But hey, some on here say he's a bust at only 22. 

He's either on this team later this year, or guaranteed he's on the team next year. 

Hoglander would get claimed this year easily, and so would Podkolzin next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Remember when management said if Kuxy has a great year maybe everyone will go to Bali. 
I think it’s safe to say that it was a terrible idea. 

bali GIF

Let's talk about Bali literally every game thread 

673.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Remember when management said if Kuxy has a great year maybe everyone will go to Bali. 
I think it’s safe to say that it was a terrible idea. 

bali GIF

Send him to Siberia. Oh wait he was born in Yakutsk.

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

The Angry Elf?

Maybe but don’t want to break up that line with bleuger and Joshua, hoglander has earned the ice time and he’s got 14 goals

Edited by Pycnotic
Stupid autocorrect
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Lemon Face said:

Eat less pizza

Dude or Dudette, I seriously need to to stop! It's burning a hole in my credit card as those charges add up and making my waistline bigger as feeling it in my stomach. 

Maybe starting today or tomorrow. Yeah

Goals are much harder to come by compared to Nov/Dec. Could be that we are on that normalization curve and/or teams have a book on us now.

Whatever the case may be, our schedule after ASB seem to be more challenging even if it may not be murderer's row exactly.

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

We need to move anyone at around 5 mill who cant play top 6

Pretty much. And get bigger and a bit more tougher as well.

I mean Drake Batherson, a legitimate top line winger, is making the same as Mikheyev.

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

That's great to see! But hey, some on here say he's a bust at only 22. 

He's either on this team later this year, or guaranteed he's on the team next year. 

Hoglander would get claimed this year easily, and so would Podkolzin next year. 

depending on how the playoffs unfold for both the NHL club. and the AHL club,.  I would not be surprised to see Podz in as an Ace when his services aren’t required in Abby.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Then D-Petey, Willander, Bz.....

Meh, I’d probably look to move Brzustewicz along with a package to get a top 6 asset with term.