★[GDT] Canucks vs CBJ • Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

7 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Idk if its just me or i just don't know what I'm talking about (probably both) but I really don't like the line of EP with mik and kuz. Just feel like there is no chemistry. I think I'd rather try miller with them or even split mik and kuz.

What do I know though.

Let's go canucks!

Honestly I agree. I'd rather see Hogs, EP40 and Boeser on a line. Then Garland Miller Kuz, and put Mik on the 3rd line.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Idk if its just me or i just don't know what I'm talking about (probably both) but I really don't like the line of EP with mik and kuz. Just feel like there is no chemistry. I think I'd rather try miller with them or even split mik and kuz.

What do I know though.

Let's go canucks!

2 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

What do I know though.

Let's go canucks!

I'm with you! Maybe 649 is too many of your best eggs in one basket, but I think it's the way to go. The last few games, Kuzmenko has for sure been better but 

has Mik? Not trying to be an ass but Mik could be on the third line, IMO. Rock on, Hoglander!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm with you! Maybe 649 is too many of your best eggs in one basket, but I think it's the way to go. The last few games, Kuzmenko has for sure been better but 

has Mik? Not trying to be an ass but Mik could be on the third line, IMO. Rock on, Hoglander!

Definitely move hoglander up! Hes been good like all year but isn't getting rewarded for whatever reason.

Mik def hasn't done any more than kuz. Just less gaffs. I'd rather see some gaffs cause at least you're trying to create something instead of just safe play after safe play until your shift ends.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, LionofJudah said:

Definitely move hoglander up! Hes been good like all year but isn't getting rewarded for whatever reason.

Mik def hasn't done any more than kuz. Just less gaffs. I'd rather see some gaffs cause at least you're trying to create something instead of just safe play after safe play until your shift ends.

Safe play after safe play wins games. Taking risks with the puck causes turnovers which lead to high danger scoring chances which lead to losses. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hopefully before the end of the first period, he gets pulled. And Shorthouse says. "And yes indeed, Elvis has left the building...."

If you don't like my goalie you aint no friend of mine.

Just now, Vancan said:

Laine left the team and is going back to Idaho for repairs. Not that he's much of a threat anymore these days, but better off without him in the lineup and power play. 

*Ohio 

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't know, I think the top line with Miller and Boeser is doing fine, that second line has to get going its not like they have not had success in the past. There is some big money being spent for that line they need to figure it out.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Mik was overrated after his season with the overproducing Leafs (21g), but his assists were low.

He has never been considered a top 6 FW.  His numbers indicate that he is a 3rd liner.  At 29yrs,

he has only played 226 games in 5 seasons.

His assets are his great skating, his defensive acumen and offensive ability to put up +.50pt per game.

Currently, he's not that far off from his usual stats.  At the moment, the Canucks have a better option

for 3rd RW in Garland.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Vancan said:

If you don't like my goalie you aint no friend of mine.

Change your name if that's your goalie. Or you ain't nothin but a hound dog.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Safe play after safe play wins games. Taking risks with the puck causes turnovers which lead to high danger scoring chances which lead to losses. 

I hear you and normally agree, but id rather a second line trying to score instead of just playing safe. Although i suppose you can argue the third line is doing that so might as well have the second line just playing safe.

I think I'd like 3 scoring lines instead of 2. Am I greedy?

• Cheers 2