★[GDT] Canucks vs CBJ • Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

Well the St. Louis Blues played Calgary, beat them and beat us.

CBJ last played Calgary, beat them and hopefully lose against us. 
hopefully we don’t make a trend out of that! 

Hoping for a big comeback game from the Canucks. Miller/Boeser need to wake up as a line. 

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Feel gross wanting the laffs to win tonight. 🤢

Kinda wanting Montreal to win as well against Pittsburgh. Damm Guentzel would look goo d on Peaty's left side. IF it ever happened but defiantly wont if Pitts is sniffing around a wildcard spot.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What I'm hoping is the Oilers burn themselves out trying to get to #1 in the division, then get swept in the first round.

If we got 2 good players on trade day or before i am not afraid of anyone.Oilers cant be stronger.Nothing to trade.No prospect,no players

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What I'm hoping is the Oilers burn themselves out trying to get to #1 in the division, then get swept in the first round.

Nothing guaranteed, but that’s a good point.  

We have a little more flexibility to rest Demko and guys like Cole whereas they need to push harder - though they’ve really closed the gap lately.  

At least we know Tocc will keep the team focused and playing hard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Mik is not there to provide offense, he is there to provide room for the offensively gifted players Petey/Kuz.

PDG did the same thing for the Miller/Boeser line. RT likes to play pairs.

Mik is on 2nd line 'to not provide offense' .. ok.. great.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I actually don't remember too much success with the Kuz-Petey-Mik line, even last year. Petey's PPG went up after Mik went down, Mik is not a 2nd line player, and never has been. He's not offensively gifted enough to fill that role.

I agree.

I know it’s be playing with fire to break up the “No Name” line, but I’d like to see Mik on the third line with Suter and Garland, while Joshua and Blueger move to the fourth with Laf.

Hogz - Miller - Boeser

??? - Petey - Kuz

Mik - Suter - Garland

Joshua - Blueger - Laf

Aman

we need to to pick up someone to fit in with Petey. Then the lotto line can be put out when a goal is really needed or some momentum.

6 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Chrome domes are being auctioned off. Only worn for two games, I guess this is the first batch and the next game (when they'll be retired) will have the core's lids up for auction for charity.

Way pricey for me. Obviously ones worn by the stars of the team be pricier. There' s no player name on 'em, just their jersey number.  If ya' like 'em and don't care about who's it is, Get one where they didn't play that evening; Friedman, Soucy, Karlsson, cuz they'd be in mint shape!

8 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Free to look at...

Year-of-the-rabbit-jersey-.thumb.jpg.7f2627288bbf24314615c8418741ae97.jpg

Anybody have a pic of the year of the ROOSTER jersey? 

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

IMG_0744.gif

Awww. So cute. Did he cry afterwards? Sorry. I LOL'ed.  Looked like an unintentional hip check from big bro.

Let's go Canucks!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I've never watched Zadorov play live at the rink before..

That's what I'm looking forward to most tonight at the rink ...

Watching big Zad live.. Hopefully he'll throw a monster hit....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Sativika said:

Way pricey for me. Obviously ones worn by the stars of the team be pricier. There' s no player name on 'em, just their jersey number.  If ya' like 'em and don't care about who's it is, Get one where they didn't play that evening; Friedman, Soucy, Karlsson, cuz they'd be in mint shape!

Anybody have a pic of the year of the ROOSTER jersey? 

Awww. So cute. Did he cry afterwards? Sorry. I LOL'ed.  Looked like an unintentional hip check from big bro.

Let's go Canucks!!!!!!!!

You'll have to wait a while, 5 yrs. 

That's after next yrs Snake, then horse, goat, monkey, then rooster.  

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Anything worse than your ipad freezing on a picture of the city of Toronto?

City is fine.  It's the leaf fans that are annoying 

• Haha 2