★[PGT] Canucks vs CBJ Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Elvis is playing to get traded so he needed to be lights out in the first. It could have easily been 3 zip for us in the first.

Agreed, but it wasn't.  You could see that second period coming a mile away

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yep. But this team is rarely beaten down by a bad period.

No argument here, but they've got a very tough schedule ahead of them and won't get away with that against many of the teams going forward.  Don't get me wrong, it was a great game for 2 out of 3 periods

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

Ugly second, but two great periods otherwise.  That said, they've got to get back to getting the first goal.........there are few things more deflating to a team than dominating, having nothing to show for it and then giving up a goal.  That's why we see a quick second goal so many times in those situations.

Agreed.  At least they played well in the 1st, and Elvis had to make a few really good saves. And there was a post shot, too.  The opportunities were there, they just couldn't finish/no puck luck.

Was funny with the major penalty situation. I had the volume off as we were on speakerphone with a relative. I never saw the elbow, and figured Cole was getting 2 for the hit. Then saw the deliberation, and Tocc hanging his head so much, and it went to commercial. I saw the ref give an elbowing signal, thought it was odd, but with Cole leaving the box I figured he got 5. Sucks, but with the powerplays we had and how successful they were, I wasn't too surprised.

Then I saw Cole out there afterwards and went WTF!

Backed it up and turned on some volume to get the explanation.

Weird!

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Also, can we just talk about Miller for a minute (again) here?

Another 3 point night. The way he threw that seam pass to Petey? And set up Brock. He's always looking for a play before it unfolds...a step ahead.

Also...76.5% in the dot. Come on, he's just amazing.

Would have been happy with Either Miller or Hughes as captain. Both are fantastic leaders ! 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Was funny with the major penalty situation. I had the volume off as we were on speakerphone with a relative. I never saw the elbow, and figured Cole was getting 2 for the hit. Then saw the deliberation, and Tocc hanging his head so much, and it went to commercial. I saw the ref give an elbowing signal, thought it was odd, but with Cole leaving the box I figured he got 5. Sucks, but with the powerplays we had and how successful they were, I wasn't too surprised.

Then I saw Cole out there afterwards and went WTF!

Backed it up and turned on some volume to get the explanation.

Weird!

I mean, it was definitely an elbow, but hardly 5 and a game let alone the way it went down

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Also, can we just talk about Miller for a minute (again) here?

Another 3 point night. The way he threw that seam pass to Petey? And set up Brock. He's always looking for a play before it unfolds...a step ahead.

Also...76.5% in the dot. Come on, he's just amazing.

Also, he was very honest about his mistakes in the post game interview. True leader.

• Cheers 4

Honest to god, down 4-1 going into the 3rd, I said to myself “its only 4-1, they could still do it, theres plenty of time”

3 goal deficit doesnt feel that overwhelming, it reminds me of how it felt during the 2010-11 and 11-12 seasons. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1