★[PGT] Canucks vs CBJ Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Meanwhile 

Boston getting away with crap like this.

They get away with so much.

And Thomas used to be allowed to hack and whack guys but that was ok. Don't glance past their goaltender though. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

LOL, I love when people state predictions like they know. Like they're facts.

ANY team that gets into the playoffs is contending for the cup. It's how it works.

Playoffs are a grind and a lot of it depends on what team stays healthy. Goaltending's also huge and we've got that covered.

We've got some big guys in the line up who can help set a tone. The way Miller plays is exactly how you win playoffs.

They're galloping this year....if you don't see that it's on you.

It's SUPER tough to win it all but don't count this team out because they can beat anyone when they're on.

There's also a protection mechanism against.

a) Being too cocky and being annoying like Leaf fans.

b) That way if there's a collapse we've kind of braced for impact.

c) But you hope in your heart that the team pulls off the far too elusive dream. But you keep that quiet. Again I think we will all go nuts for joy winning the Stanley Cup.

Just enjoy the ride.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yeah, but he had already gotten a 5 min major for a 2 min minor. I think that should've been enough 

Trying to further justify their ridiculous actions.

Writing a rulebook on the fly.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yeah, but he had already gotten a 5 min major for a 2 min minor. I think that should've been enough 

They often make the call based on the aftermath which is dumb.

Kuraly was bleeding pretty good after.

That was also the guy that celebrated a little too hard for my liking on their second goal. 😉

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

c) But you hope in your heart that the team pulls off the far too elusive dream. But you keep that quiet. Again I think we will all go nuts for joy winning the Stanley Cup.

Just enjoy the ride.

It's ok to have fun with it but nothing's a done deal until...it is.

I feel that not only are we braced for impact, there's a lingering dread that waits for it. It's nice to just be able to relax and enjoy the success the team's having. Whatever the outcome is, it's been fun so far.

And it's NOT a fluke, this team deserves what they've earned despite the ever changing goal posts crowd that keeps waiting for them to fail. The aha'er told you so's will certainly chime in whenever they get a chance to. Like it somehow undermines what they're doing? It does not. No team goes through unscathed and even when they do (Bruins) it's no guarantee. Which is the beauty of it all...you just never know.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Just enjoy the ride.

Honestly as much as I hate to admit it, I do hope we play Vegas or Oilers in first round. We get them when we're fresh, and we get a chance to see how we measure up to the heavy hitters.

• Like 1

I liked they did show heart in the fightback. Yes it's a crap team and they needed powerplays but i'd rather take their small amount of consecutive losses than the oilers win streak. In the playoffs, some games don't go your way and you have to rebound. The Oilers went from trash to great, let's see what happens when they drop some, makes me think of the canucks big push but fall short in bruce's first.

Anyway hockey break then o carolina. If my dog was more settled i'd drive the 4 hours but probably have to watch it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Me too!

Isn't it nice to not feel totally deflated at that point? Like..."there's still hope".

This team hates losing.

I didn't even go that far. When it was 4-3 I was like "Well they've made a game of it.... at least".

Then I went nuts on goal 4. The Hockey Guy was funny.

Columbus: Hi Gary can we just play 2 period games? Not for anyone else, just for us....

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

No argument here.  It was a 2 min penalty, imo

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And to add to the stupidity. Myers is fined $5000?

Myers almost cost us the game - AGAIN - and has single handedly caused half our losses this year.   Even though he's not as bad as the last few years thanks to the new coaches "staying  on his tail", he can't play for than 15-17 minutes a night without causing havock.   There were two other dumb plays he made last night, including that one clearing pass from behind the net I believe in the 1st, when he was tied up with a Blue Jacket player when he panicked and flicked the puck out right to another Canuck (can't remember who) in front of Demko - who immediately flicked it right back behind the net.

I'm still hoping that JR can unload him to some eastern team before deadline and get something back for him because he's as good as gone next year and we might as well get something/anything back in return for having to put up with him for the last several years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

No argument here, but they've got a very tough schedule ahead of them and won't get away with that against many of the teams going forward.  Don't get me wrong, it was a great game for 2 out of 3 periods

I hope they actually load manage the guys a little bit from this point on. We only have to go .500 now to top 100 points.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I hope they actually load manage the guys a little bit from this point on. We only have to go .500 now to top 100 points.

Agreed, but indo think they need to make sure they get home ice for, at least, the first round.......whether that's the div winner, or the #2 spot in the 2-3 matchup.  They'll still have to go balls to the wall to keep that alive.  Both the Oikers and Vegas have ridiculously easy schedules

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Agreed, but indo think they need to make sure they get home ice for, at least, the first round.......whether that's the div winner, or the #2 spot in the 2-3 matchup.  They'll still have to go balls to the wall to keep that alive.  Both the Oikers and Vegas have ridiculously easy schedules

I'm less concerned about home ice. Sometimes teams feel less pressure on the road.

• Cheers 1