★[PGT] Canucks vs CBJ Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

Just now, Sergiomomesso said:

And the same guy just the previous tv timeout was crosschecking Z knowing refs were not giving nucks a 4th straight pp. Kuraly was lucky to only get a little bloody nose. 

love how Petey put little Johnny on his ass a few times last night. 

Yup. We dominated physically. Little Johnny was crying 😭 after the game. 

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

No argument here.  It was a 2 min penalty, imo

Myers was falling backwards into the boards and his elbow is at almost every players head in the NHL. How on earth the officials had Cole in the box is beyond me, he didn't drill the guy in the back at all. Two CBJ players in the corner, one on the ice, he was battling in the corner.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are winning the division. Vegas will play the Coilers in round one and make McBaby Cry. 
We will beat whomever is in our way and win the Cup! 

Ideally Mcbaby has to face a heavy team. Assuming that they don't screw this up, which I think they still can.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Myers was falling backwards into the boards and his elbow is at almost every players head in the NHL. How on earth the officials had Cole in the box is beyond me, he didn't drill the guy in the back at all. Two CBJ players in the corner, one on the ice, he was battling in the corner.

No argument there, but I think a 2 min penalty would have been fine, he's still responsible for his limbs, stick etc.  intent never factors into it.

I'd have been fine with no penalty as well.

Edited by stawns

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ideally Mcbaby has to face a heavy team. Assuming that they don't screw this up, which I think they still can.

If the Canucks can get through the rest of this schedule with success and healthy, it actually might be an advantage over the Oilers and Vegas.......they'll be battle hardened and ready.

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, stawns said:

If the Canucks can get through the test of this schedule with success and healthy, it actually might be an advantage over the Oukers and Vegas.......they'll be battle hardened and ready.

Beating McBaby will be more about discipline and not making mistakes don't you think?

Just now, stawns said:

He was just really animated.  I found it quite entertaining.

I see. Thought he taunted us after stopping us in the first period. I know he wants to prove himself so a team will trade for him but I think he's stuck in columbus for a while. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

No argument there, but I think a 2 min penalty would have been fine, he's still responsible for his limbs, stick etc.  intent never factors into it.

@stawns

Is there a rule where the refs can review a play and apply a penalty retroactively to a player who wasn’t originally called?  It seemed a bit strange that the Cole penalty was reviewed but Myers ended up getting a penalty. It was a fair call though. Just strange how it came about. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Beating McBaby will be more about discipline and not making mistakes don't you think?

Absolutely........and depth.  If they can either keep mcD in check or at least match the offense, the other three lines are more effective than the Oilers and that's where you can beat them.

The Knights might actually be a tougher team in that context.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

@stawns

Is there a rule where the refs can review a play and apply a penalty retroactively to a player who wasn’t originally called?  It seemed a bit strange that the Cole penalty was reviewed but Myers ended up getting a penalty. It was a fair call though. Just strange how it came about. 

I'm not arguing the bizarre nature of that whole thing.  I'm just talking about the original play

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wing said:

I see. Thought he taunted us after stopping us in the first period. I know he wants to prove himself so a team will trade for him but I think he's stuck in columbus for a while. 

I didn't see that, or did t perceive it that way.  He blew a gasket in the third though and that was fun to watch.  He's got some Bryzgalov in there

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

I believe the bloody nose was a factor.

6 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Screw the Oikers. 

Last night's game started well. Ran into a hot goalie. Crapped the bed, again, in the second. That's gotta change. 

Thankfully, they came out flying, overcame the deficit and the ref bs, showed a lot of gumption and won. 

All this fearmongering bs, worrying about other teams and schedules, is a load of crap. 

As long we get on top our game, other teams are the ones who should worry. 

I wouldnt say comparing schedules is fear mongering and I wouldnt say it doesn't matter.  Home ice matters, especially against a team Ike the Oilers, where you need to match up against McD.  The Oilers have a much easier schedule and path to first in the Pacific than Van does and they're not likely to lose many more games if they stay healthy.

I'm not so concerned about the Oilers, but they need to stay ahead of Vegas, imo.  

2 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I believe the bloody nose was a factor.

Agreed.  I almost wonder if they did t think Cole was responsible for that with the follow up contact and that was the penalty.......and on review realized it was Myers.  It was a baffling series of events, for sure

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Meanwhile 

Boston getting away with crap like this.

another Boston goalie laying a pick, then flopping like a caught fish. Typical Bruin trying to influence the refs. 

should have been 2 for diving plus 2 for unsportsmanship. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

another Boston goalie laying a pick, then flopping like a caught fish. Typical Bruin trying to influence the refs. 

I believe in the rulebook, diving is called unsportsmanlike conduct.  So you can't really get called for both.

4 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Makes me think of all those Mike Smith incidents.  Infuriating

2 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

I believe in the rulebook, diving is called unsportsmanlike conduct.  So you can't really get called for both.

just trying to " get the call right'

20 minutes ago, Wing said:

I'm curious what did Elvis do? Didn't watch most of the game but sounds like he was being a prick?

Just a temper tantrum on every goals he didn’t defend and banged his stick on the no “kicking-motion” call. 

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

If the Canucks can get through the rest of this schedule with success and healthy, it actually might be an advantage over the Oilers and Vegas.......they'll be battle hardened and ready.

Don’t forget, two games against Boston is another big factor too… This is a test for a playoffs for both teams