★[PGT] Canucks vs CBJ Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

24 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Apparently the explanation is “ just get the call right”.

Yeah, Elliotte Friedman talked to the league. Of course he's too much of a coward to actually question anything the league says. Too busy trying to pump expansion to Utah to cover up the Hockey Canada cover up. 

2 minutes ago, vcBrett said:

The Canucks were pissed after Meyers got thrown out. Petey and Juulsen with some big hits, and the team had their legs going.

Still  confused, loved the hit by Meyers, too bad hes to tall and needs to play with his elbows taped to his sides. I cant understand a game misconduct penalty for that tho, I have seen worse high sticks only get 2 min just because the guy wasnt bleeding.

Still, good game,  some people say we had a terrible 2nd, but we got a lot of good scoring chances during the 2nd. Momentum is a thing, and a shorthanded goal is a great way to steal it. Columbus got life and capitalized on a few chances. Eventually we were able to steal the momentum back and we wouldnt give it up, not even while killing a 5 min penalty,

Awesome job not losing confidence in themselves like a lot of fans did after the 2nd. Everyone has bad stints and cold streaks, but a good team doesnt let misfortune define them. Going into the break on a high note! Gotta love it. Boeser with the hatty too! Glad I got to watch this one. Go Canucks Go!!!

Proud of the boys; Great post by the way!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Such a smart player.  Canucks pro scouting really did well.  The ability to identify the likes of Blueger, Joshua and Suter has made a big impact for the team.

Maybe some of the older posters remember...Suter kinda reminds me of Murray Craven on the '94 team. Could trust him anywhere in the lineup.

He doesn’t try and do too much.

Always makes the smart play. 

I can see him being a long-term player on this team.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I want to hear what they said in the second intermission.  

Hope Kate P secretly recorded it.  

Bieksa was saying how CBJ are a weak 3rd period team and how it would've made it interesting if Miller had scored at the end of the 2nd. No one was predicting anything with certainty but there wasn't much speculation that Canucks would do what we did

• Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yup that was a screwup.  Most likely when they saw the other player in worse off condition, they went on a fishing expedition with their Ipad and found the elbow.  Still not worth a major, like you said, there was no intent.

The harshest they should have called it was Cole and Myers each 2 min.

And odds were good that that would end up as a goal.

Whew!

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, nux_win said:

It was the non calls on Kuraly that lead to the Myers elbow.  I'm glad he did it.  Kuraly was asking for it.  But it was darn strange how they arrived at that call.  TBH it should have been two minors but how they cancelled one major and added another on one replay is incomprehensible.  GCG!

Should've just been a 2 minute penalty for Myers

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Podz will probably join the big club next year.  Glad we're taking our time and developing our prospects properly.

I was so worried about him. He had some good play up on the big team, that seeing him so long in Abby was a little scary.

Sounds like it could work out great, and if his next contract is kept low, he could really over-perform his AAV when he stays up with the team.

Just now, Kragar said:

I was so worried about him. He had some good play up on the big team, that seeing him so long in Abby was a little scary.

Sounds like it could work out great, and if his next contract is kept low, he could really over-perform his AAV when he stays up with the team.

They are doing the same thing for Pod like Hoggy last yr.   Hoggy is a legit NHLer now.  Dont rush them.  Team is #1 in the league.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

One of the very few things that's not clicking right now is Kuzy. Maybe he needs a little vacation over the all-star break to recharge. He's probably getting on a flight to Bali as we speak.

Coach talks about practices all the time.  Maybe he should train harder.  He's got the skills.   

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

They are doing the same thing for Pod like Hoggy last yr.   Hoggy is a legit NHLer now.  Dont rush them.  Team is #1 in the league.  

Canucks will need to make space for him next year.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1