★[PGT] Canucks vs CBJ Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

7 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Why do the adds uptop show me a 60 year old girl from China????

I am married and could find a girl from here lol.

Anyways great win .

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets those. Not quite sure what was driving that ad traffic, as others I have gotten were quite appropriate (my mechanic for one, and something about a city I was in on vacation).

Don't need the wife getting PO'd now!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They are doing the same thing for Pod like Hoggy last yr.   Hoggy is a legit NHLer now.  Dont rush them.  Team is #1 in the league.  

For sure. Shiny new toys are fun, but you don't wanna break them.

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

I just got back to hotel after being at the game. Boy, after the 2nd period I thought I was going to witness a major dud, but that third was electrifying. 
Boeser was on fire, Miller was either brilliant or a giveaway machine, sometimes both, Petey looked solid mostly, Hughes was so consistently phenomenal… I was partly glad to see Myers leave because I knew it reduced our defensive errors… Demko got better as the game went on, and a very thrilling atmosphere in there. Great game!

The crowd sounded amazing during the broadcast, at times almost like an English football crowd. Did they just have really good audio in the broadcast, or was the crowd really that pumped up?

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I just got back to hotel after being at the game. Boy, after the 2nd period I thought I was going to witness a major dud, but that third was electrifying. 
Boeser was on fire, Miller was either brilliant or a giveaway machine, sometimes both, Petey looked solid mostly, Hughes was so consistently phenomenal… I was partly glad to see Myers leave because I knew it reduced our defensive errors… Demko got better as the game went on, and a very thrilling atmosphere in there. Great game!

What a game to go.   All the Lunar festivities, goals. 

Did many fans leave after the second? 

Absolutely fun game. I love my Canucks. They're so fallible:

I think I have this right

Petey 2 turnovers = 2 goals

Miller 1 turnover = 1 goal

Hughes 1 turnover = 1 goal

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

And then those superstars show us how to win a game. Petey, Miller, Hughes, and of course Boeser, took control.  Canucks win; what can you say? GCG

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

It was louder than I’ve heard in years past. Yeah, my son’s smartwatch warned him the noise decibels were too loud, it was great, and I’d say very close to sell out.

Did you see the girl hit the ice hard while picking up BB6 hats?

27 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Can you guys actually believe it sometimes?  We have a defenceman that is mentioned in the same breath as Orr, Coffey, and Leetch.

Some pretty good company there. 

This is a game the team can refer to down the road as a very strong confidence builder.

Down 3 goals heading into the third, they seized the opportunity and scored 3 Powerplay goals before the first commercial break to tie the game. Then the BS review and change major penalty to Myers; that 5 min PK was the best they have look on the PK in the last few years, just gave the Blue Jackets nothing to really get going for 5 full minutes.

Then finding a way to cap off the night with an OT winner.

Our best players, our all-star representatives were our best players tonight.

Pettersson: 2G 1A

Boeser: 3G 1A

Miller: 3A

Highes: 3A

This is what I call a character building win!

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sonoman said:

Bure was so pissed at Churla that game 

Churla was taking shots at Bure and others. He got what he deserved. 

Thats why, if refs ain't gonna call it, take matters into your own hands. 

Don't piss Bure off! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

47 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yup that was a screwup.  Most likely when they saw the other player in worse off condition, they went on a fishing expedition with their Ipad and found the elbow.  Still not worth a major, like you said, there was no intent.

The harshest they should have called it was Cole and Myers each 2 min.

I agree with that, but then we would have been down 2 men. I prefer being down 1 for 5.