★[PGT] Canucks vs CBJ Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

48 minutes ago, Darius said:

Such a smart player.  Canucks pro scouting really did well.  The ability to identify the likes of Blueger, Joshua and Suter has made a big impact for the team.

Maybe some of the older posters remember...Suter kinda reminds me of Murray Craven on the '94 team. Could trust him anywhere in the lineup.

Definitely a Murray Craven. They also identified some quality defense who have made a big impact.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, KFAN said:

I agree with that, but then we would have been down 2 men. I prefer being down 1 for 5.

I agree.  We may have got away with the better call.  I was fearing when they called the 5 for Myers, and Cole was already in the box, that it was now both had 5.  Which would have been insane.

When I think about more, they only called a penalty on one player, Myers.  And the most he should have gotten was a double minor because of the blood.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Why do the adds uptop show me a 60 year old girl from China????

I am married and could find a girl from here lol.

Anyways great win .

How old are you , 90 ?

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Why do the adds uptop show me a 60 year old girl from China????

I am married and could find a girl from here lol.

Anyways great win .

I get adds for air fryers, i was searching for an air fryer this week.  What have you been searching for ?? lol

• ThereItIs 1

Congrats to Boeser on the 30 goals! Finally broke that threshold. He will get 40 for sure this season.

Also noticed Petey played quite physical today that’s nice. Good games from Miller, Hughes & Juulsen. 
Still disappointed in Kuzmenko & Mikheyev hopefully they turn it around after this all star break.

• Cheers 4

19 minutes ago, Darius said:

Churla was delivering cheap shots all game and Bure had enough!  I think Churla's face still hasnt unfolded into the right position from that elbow crater.  He even refused to shake Bure's hand in the handshake lineup when the series was over lol.

Back in those days there were lots of Churlas around the league targeting star players.  I wonder how a player like McDavid would deal with a bunch of hacks trying to inflict punishment on him every game.   I know...different eras...

Different league for sure. Way rougher league. McDavid wouldn't stand a chance. Not skill wise, but...

These guys who claim McBaby as the new Messiah are out to lunch. 

This new age league is like "Romper Room" compared to those days or before. Just ask Tocchet. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Great way to go into the bye week and the all-star break!

1. Boeser was obviously the star of the game with a hat-trick, getting to 30 goals for the first time in his career.  Most of the scoring came on the PP, with one goal in OT, but Boeser was also very good at 5-on-5 with the Canucks outshooting the Jackets 13-2 at 5-on-5 with Boeser on the ice.

2. There was a redemption theme for both Petey and Miller. It looked like Petey's give-away on the PP that led to a Columbus short-handed goal was going to be the turning point in the game. The Canucks had dominated before that but did not score and the air seemed to go out of the balloon after the shorty. The Canucks got a nice goal from Boeser (on a great pass from Miller) to close the gap but then Miller made a terrible, lazy, defensive play that led to the 3rd Columbus goal. 

3. But both Petey and Miller came back strong in the 3rd period and played great, leading the comeback, with Petey getting the OT winner.

4. Hughes was not named a star but he was excellent.

5. In the advanced stats both the Miller-Suter-Boeser line and the Garland-Joshua-Blueger line had very good numbers even though the Garland line did not score. Overall, the Canucks dominated the game in terms of the underlying stats but the game ended up being close because of some bad luck, some bad mistakes, and subpar goaltending from Demmer (although he also made some big saves).

5. The Petey-Kuzy-Mik line was not good. Not terrible but not good. They were outshot 4-1 at 5-on-5. That means not much was happening when they were on the ice. Kuzy continues to play responsible defence but seem unable to generate offence. Mik has always been good defensively but is also struggling offensively. Still, I would continue to play those guys together. Their individual skill levels suggest that they have to be much better than they have shown so far.

6. Big PK on Myers 5-minute major.  Juulsen had another good night overall.

It was an emotional game but we (fans and players) have time rest up.

Yep

RT has said numerous times he doesn't want Kuz to over think the system but play to the staples and not worry about scoring

He wants him to shoot more as well

Letting him get comfortable playing the right way, while not also having to worry about scoring was a good move from RT in trying to not overwhelm him with too much pressure (even though he is paid to score)

When he adapts and plays the staples correctly as 2nd nature, I am sure his skill will have him scoring again

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

What an ELECTRIC win... says everything about the character of the team. Tyler "Micheal" Myers tonight for sure love

the look of pure callousness after the elbow. And Zadorov reminds me of when your playing Halo and you hear the 

Master Chief referred to as "The Demon"... thats fu k ing Zadorov tonight bro ALL night bro. They(CBJ) had no chance

against those two... it was f*king splatterhouse tonight for those two psychos. Just. Wow. They lowkey won us the

game tonight. Just awesome to see those two bully CBJ all night. EDIT thought burnsy was saying "Domination" lol

Season 3 Domination GIF by The Simpsons

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

It was the non calls on Kuraly that lead to the Myers elbow.  I'm glad he did it.  Kuraly was asking for it.  But it was darn strange how they arrived at that call.  TBH it should have been two minors but how they cancelled one major and added another on one replay is incomprehensible.  GCG!

Pardon me if this has been dealt with, I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I think the calls should have been:

2 minute unsportsmanlike to the flopper doing the Juolevi - not hurt at all, nothing wrong with him, and it complicated the situation for the refs - get the fuck out of here!  The Jerk Store Called again.

2 minute to Chaos for the elbow plus 2 more for the blood, which looked bloody good on that punk.

Regarding the Rule, I think the reasoning was that they were calling the major on Myers in the first place, or rather that one ref was, and perhaps the other was going with a 2 or a 4, so some Canucks was going to sit in the box either way and by calling the major they could review the whole thing.

I think they went too far with the major and the ejection; I think he should have received the 2 & 2, as said above.

This team, these stars, this coach, that coach, and the other one etc, is just the Cat's Ass.

I don't know why my parents' generation said that, but apparently it meant Real Good.

They shit the bed, picked themselves up, and pasted those puppies; bloodied and brutalized.

Hollywood ending to the first big chunk of the season tonight; back in first place.

Mind Blown.

• Cheers 3