★[PGT] Canucks vs CBJ Jan 27, 2024

Jaimito

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

One of the very few things that's not clicking right now is Kuzy. Maybe he needs a little vacation over the all-star break to recharge. He's probably getting on a flight to Bali as we speak.

Mik needs a fkn vacation 

1 hour ago, Rindiculous said:

But it still wasn’t.  Since when is accidentally hitting someone with an elbow more than 2 mins?

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Yup that was a screwup.  Most likely when they saw the other player in worse off condition, they went on a fishing expedition with their Ipad and found the elbow.  Still not worth a major, like you said, there was no intent.

The harshest they should have called it was Cole and Myers each 2 min.

Jumping in on the elbowing call.

Intent is not required for an elbowing major. Here is the rule:

1 Elbowing - Elbowing shall mean the use of an extended elbow in a 
manner that may or may not cause injury. 

Major Penalty - A major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, 
shall be imposed on any player who uses his elbow to foul an 
opponent. A major penalty must be imposed under this rule for a foul 
resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent (see 45.5).

In other words, it you hit a guy hard in the face with your elbow, you are likely to get a major, even if you did not "intend" to do it. As with high-sticking, each player has an obligation to avoiding hitting the other guy with his elbow. 

I am not sure if there really was an "injury" although there was blood and it is the kind of hit that can cause a concussion. I personally want to see that play removed from game (along with other plays that have a high likelihood of causing a concussion).

As suggested by @kilgore, I thought it was likely that both Myers and Cole would get minors but the referees rarely make a call that gives a 2-man advantage in that situation. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

It was a great movie imo. Why didn't you like it?

I loved the Barbie movie. It was funny AND subversive which is hard to do. It poked fun at men ruling the world by default, which isn't how things should be, and I laughed really hard when Ken escaped Barbie-land and first realized that the real world wasn't ruled by women.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Great way to go into the bye week and the all-star break!

1. Boeser was obviously the star of the game with a hat-trick, getting to 30 goals for the first time in his career.  Most of the scoring came on the PP, with one goal in OT, but Boeser was also very good at 5-on-5 with the Canucks outshooting the Jackets 13-2 at 5-on-5 with Boeser on the ice.

2. There was a redemption theme for both Petey and Miller. It looked like Petey's give-away on the PP that led to a Columbus short-handed goal was going to be the turning point in the game. The Canucks had dominated before that but did not score and the air seemed to go out of the balloon after the shorty. The Canucks got a nice goal from Boeser (on a great pass from Miller) to close the gap but then Miller made a terrible, lazy, defensive play that led to the 3rd Columbus goal. 

3. But both Petey and Miller came back strong in the 3rd period and played great, leading the comeback, with Petey getting the OT winner.

4. Hughes was not named a star but he was excellent.

5. In the advanced stats both the Miller-Suter-Boeser line and the Garland-Joshua-Blueger line had very good numbers even though the Garland line did not score. Overall, the Canucks dominated the game in terms of the underlying stats but the game ended up being close because of some bad luck, some bad mistakes, and subpar goaltending from Demmer (although he also made some big saves).

5. The Petey-Kuzy-Mik line was not good. Not terrible but not good. They were outshot 4-1 at 5-on-5. That means not much was happening when they were on the ice. Kuzy continues to play responsible defence but seem unable to generate offence. Mik has always been good defensively but is also struggling offensively. Still, I would continue to play those guys together. Their individual skill levels suggest that they have to be much better than they have shown so far.

6. Big PK on Myers 5-minute major.  Juulsen had another good night overall.

It was an emotional game but we (fans and players) have time rest up.

Sorry Mik is sub par

Put Hogs in his spot 

• Upvote 2

49 /7 = 7 best of 7 series. (i.e. Playoffs) so in the regular season this team has lost only two games in a row, twice.

If you count OT losses as just plain losses. The Canucks have won (from what I can see) 5 out of 7 rounds. Now any playoff round loss as we know is the end of the ride.

What I'm getting at, during the regular season. This team is showing resiliency, and it's showing the kind of habits that leads to playoff success.

It will be interesting to see next month how the Canucks handle Winnipeg, Vegas, LA, Carolina, and other top notch teams.

If the team can win the rest of the season 4 out of 7 games for the next 28 games, that is a good mindset for the playoffs.

In addition that would be 16 wins putting us at 103 points.

Every win is getting us closer to our goal.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Darius said:

yeah he had some great years in Philly.  Who knows....if Suter sticks in the top 6 for a while he could get 20+ goals.  

Craven was bigger too; size counts in a comparison; just sayin'.

Blueger, Garland, and Suter are kickin' it, and they certainly don't have size on their side.

Moxie and schmartz.  Drive.  Jeez that little Garland is Drive Defined.  Makin' a fool outta me.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

To some of you young'uns who don't understand why we old farts worship #4 - Bobby Orr: look at that list above.  Oh yeah, and a perennial Norse Winner too (but of course).

Hughes is super special too and he's ours and he's right now and he's the future too, not saying anything negative about our great new captain.

He's gonna have a full trophy room too and hopefully a bunch of Vancouver Canuck Stanley Cups in there too.

And he did it all on rooted knees.

As Barclay Plager,  a St.Louis " enforcer " who actually injured his knee with a hit stated " even on one leg, Bobby Orr is the best thing out there "

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1