[Report] Filip Chytil To Miss Remainder Of 2023-24 Season

Filip Chytil To Miss Remainder Of 2023-24 Season

January 28th, 2024 at 2:47pm CST • By Josh Erickson

Rangers center Filip Chytil will miss the rest of the 2023-24 season after sustaining a setback in his recovery from a suspected concussion last week, the team announced Sunday.

Chytil sustained the upper-body injury in a Nov. 2 game against the Hurricanes in a collision with opposing winger Jesper Fast and has not played since. The 24-year-old had recently returned to practice with the Rangers after spending a portion of his rehab process skating in his native Czechia.

It’s a tough blow for a young pivot looking to build on his breakout 2022-23 campaign. The 2017 first-round pick posted career-highs across the board last year with 22 goals, 23 assists, 45 points, and a +15 rating.

link to rest of article:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/01/filip-chytil-to-miss-remainder-of-2023-24-season.html#ref=home

• Vintage 1

I imagine this might start to open the door to some trades with teams on both sides of the coin actioning their direction/future for the remainder of this season.

Means prices for what we want might be going up accordingly post all star break. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

yea they definitely can now with the LTIR space. Monahan would be cheaper tho, and still leave NYR with space to add in other areas. 

Cheaper but NYR need to start pushing their chips in imo.  Chytil was supposed to be a big part of their line up and w NYR struggling somewhat lately, acquiring EL would be a major shot in the arm for that team 

21 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Cheaper but NYR need to start pushing their chips in imo.  Chytil was supposed to be a big part of their line up and w NYR struggling somewhat lately, acquiring EL would be a major shot in the arm for that team 

For sure. It might shake loose someone else we can use too.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

I imagine this might start to open the door to some trades with teams on both sides of the coin actioning their direction/future for the remainder of this season.

Means prices for what we want might be going up accordingly post all star break. 

What the Canucks need to do is keep turning Pius Suter into the Swiss Horvat and avoid the market altogether.  

9O47M8C7cmoemsIH-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif.cf8ca9538664f15e0ed01b19c8cf9a22.gif

• Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

They do, this is why I was arguing they should pay up for Miller way back when. The Rags are similar to Carolina in that they need to either shit or get off the pot in a sense, their top guys aren't getting any younger and it doesn't look like they have the youth in place to supplant said top guys. 

36 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

What the Canucks need to do is keep turning Pius Suter into the Swiss Horvat and avoid the market altogether.  

9O47M8C7cmoemsIH-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif.cf8ca9538664f15e0ed01b19c8cf9a22.gif

Pew Pew Pews Suter?

Need more NHL level depth.

We have been fortunate thus far with health and although mostly everyone will be playing through something come playoffs, to mitigate that will require us to have MOARRRR depth.

image.gif.b8249a5b7b9e7709d9849924387d4661.gif

You know what’s such an awesome thing to be able to say…“come playoffs”. Stress reliever hah

On 1/28/2024 at 4:12 PM, Coconuts said:

They do, this is why I was arguing they should pay up for Miller way back when. The Rags are similar to Carolina in that they need to either shit or get off the pot in a sense, their top guys aren't getting any younger and it doesn't look like they have the youth in place to supplant said top guys. 

At this point they have pretty much missed the boat and down one of their big trade chips too. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

At this point they have pretty much missed the boat and down one of their big trade chips too. 

I think they're better than they've looked the past month, but I agree they may have missed the boat 

All because they didn't want to move Schneider+

It's not like Kane and Tarasenko got em any closer 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think they're better than they've looked the past month, but I agree they may have missed the boat 

All because they didn't want to move Schneider+

It's not like Kane and Tarasenko got em any closer 

Yup I think they'll win a round or 2 in the playoffs but their ability to significantly add has taken a massive blow now with this news 

• Cheers 1