[Speculation] Jiricek unhappy in Columbus

If we’re aiming for this years playoffs we should focus on adding maybe another depth D and an offensive forward. As far as finding a top 4 D goes that should be left for the summer. At this point we only have Hughes, Soucy and Juulsen signed for next year. The Dcore can be built however we like. Bringing in a top 4 piece in the summer makes more sense than now when prices will be much higher.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Whaleroad Train said:

A player on D who has an entitlement problem, wants a guaranteed place in the side and doesn't want to play in the AHL.  His names not Tryamkin is it?

The entitlement argument has been completely laid to rest, from people here and by Jackets fans themselves.  Completely laid to rest.  If you paid attention to anything in Columbus this entire season you wouldn't say something so ridiculous.

• ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

What about a full blown youth blockbuster...

To VAN

Kent Johnson

David Jiricek

To CBJ

Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Hunter B

A pick?

I think Jarmo probably wants Willander and Lekkerimaki in the deal. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

He isn't playing great but he sure as hell is playing better than Boqvist or Peeke.  They are literally treating their best D prospect like a ragdoll just so they can squeeze a little extra trade value off their rejects.

The only reason you think this way is because you haven't followed the train wreck that is the Columbus Blue Jackets.  Go ask any CBJ fan - they totally get where Jiricek is coming from and they pretty much all agree this makes management look bad, not the player.

why on earth would I think fans in Columbus have a firmer grasp on how the league works than the fans here?

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I think Jarmo probably wants Willander and Lekkerimaki in the deal. 

Then no.  I'd go as far as a Lekkerimaki, Hunter B, and a 1st package.  Doubt many teams could beat that package.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Can't see the Canucks acquire Jiricek without giving up Willander. 

Depends on if CLB would even move Jiricek.  If Jiricek is actually available or asks for a trade, I find it hard to see another team offering a package worth more than say Lekkerimaki+2nd Round Pick.  I'm pretty sure Lek has shot up the NHL affiliated prospects list (probably in the top 10 to 15 now).  Which other prospects around the league are at his level right now in terms of value? IF you go down this list, the player(s) are either untouchable as they're already producing very well in the NHL, or they are of lesser value compared to Lek.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/top-75-nhl-affiliated-skater-prospects-in-2023-24

Again, this is all dependent on if CLB even has any interest in moving Jiricek.  Just cuz he's unhappy doesn't mean he'll be moved.

The only things I'll say is this:

It's easy to think entitlement when you're not there. Perhaps it's entitlement issues or perhaps it's Columbus messing up. It's easy to accuse one side or the other when we don't really know much else of what's going on.

4 hours ago, tas said:

why on earth would I think fans in Columbus have a firmer grasp on how the league works than the fans here?

Because they have stuck with their team despite being one of the league's biggest jokes.  A fan of a team that perpetually sucks is a fan whose opinion is level-headed.

Canucks fans have a generally poor reputation across the league.  We are obviously not as bad as Leafs or Oilers fans, but people don't like us.

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

Linus Karlsson down to Abby.  Johnson in.  Friedman waived also sent to Abby. Jiricek in. Beauty of ELCs 😁

My concern is more like going forward... He is going cost $ in a few years. 

He is in it for the money, so my main concern is how much is he going to cost going forward?

Just looked it up. He is still going to be on ELC during the first year of OEL penalty, so yes that would go a long way in solving part of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, HKSR said:

What about a full blown youth blockbuster...

To VAN

Kent Johnson

David Jiricek

To CBJ

Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Hunter B

A pick?

Imo, this trade doesn't get you Jiricek alone, let alone him and Johnson 

The Canucks have developed a great "team" attitude.  Even Kuz, who has been crapped on all year, isn't whining.  He scored 39 goals last year.  If Jiricek, who has done nothing, is this entitled, I would leave him alone.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DixonWard said:

The Canucks have developed a great "team" attitude.  Even Kuz, who has been crapped on all year, isn't whining.  He scored 39 goals last year.  If Jiricek, who has done nothing, is this entitled, I would leave him alone.  

So why are they playing Peeke and Boqvist, who are objectively worse?