[Speculation] Jiricek unhappy in Columbus

Now Columbus turns into pettersson suitors in the summer…. Jiricek Johnson and a first for pettersson and Kuzmenko, they kind have gone all in the last couple years through free agency I could see them talking a big package with someone in the league… 

4 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Now Columbus turns into pettersson suitors in the summer…. Jiricek Johnson and a first for pettersson and Kuzmenko, they kind have gone all in the last couple years through free agency I could see them talking a big package with someone in the league… 

right they going to throw that package in for someone that 100% wouldn't re-sign.. not even 99.99% and not to mention then just sit at 18mil to sign pettersson and 6 other players just to reach a minimum roster of 20

7 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

EP40 wants to win.

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

EP40 wants to win.

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

right they going to throw that package in for someone that 100% wouldn't re-sign.. not even 99.99% and not to mention then just sit at 18mil to sign pettersson and 6 other players just to reach a minimum roster of 20

Well obviously I’m talking about a sign and trade, Columbus is a lot closer than people give them credit for, Gaudreau Laine Johnson marchenko fantilli sillinger chinakhov voronkov, I’m assuming they wanna be competitive well Gaudreau is in his prime years, they have a solid defence with lots of potential as we seen in net. Got 3 out of 4 points vs us, if reffing didn’t turn the game into a special teams showdown I think they won that game the other night….. I don’t think anyone knows what Petey wants right now either, this is just a hypothetical proposal if he does want out, 

5 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Well obviously I’m talking about a sign and trade, Columbus is a lot closer than people give them credit for, Gaudreau Laine Johnson marchenko fantilli sillinger chinakhov voronkov, I’m assuming they wanna be competitive well Gaudreau is in his prime years, they have a solid defence with lots of potential as we seen in net. Got 3 out of 4 points vs us, if reffing didn’t turn the game into a special teams showdown I think they won that game the other night….. I don’t think anyone knows what Petey wants right now either, this is just a hypothetical proposal if he does want out, 

Why would he sign long term with/agree to go to an absolute mess of a team when he hasn't even agreed to sign long term with the top team in the NHL?

54 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Because they have stuck with their team despite being one of the league's biggest jokes.  A fan of a team that perpetually sucks is a fan whose opinion is level-headed.

Canucks fans have a generally poor reputation across the league.  We are obviously not as bad as Leafs or Oilers fans, but people don't like us.

level-headed != knowledgeable and understanding of how the game works.

any player that responds "that's your opinion" to a coach or manager that is giving him feedback that his performance wasn't good enough isn't a player I want on my team. 

yeah, that is their opinion, and it's also their opinion that you don't deserve to play, and it's their opinion that matters. 

11 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

lol no one knows exactly what EP wants but one can be assured he will not want to sign in columbus. imagine the backlash this organization and management will get if they trick EP into signing an extension to flip him to columbus for 8 years. just because they got 3 out of 4 points against us so it means they are a contender? the whole organization is dysfuntional even if they clean out the entire management group and ownership there's a 0.0000% chance EP wants to go to columbus.. maybe if they want to offer maximum allowable contract under current CBA then the 0% might change to 0.01% 

if he wants to go after the $ like you suggest.. then u can just sign a 1 year deal with the canucks go to ufa and wait for the bidding war

Edited by wai_lai416

32 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I'd want to see a lot more quality for EP if he was traded.

52 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

A player on another team expresses discontent and suddenly it's about Pettersson?

My god people on this forum are nuts...

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, tas said:

level-headed != knowledgeable and understanding of how the game works.

any player that responds "that's your opinion" to a coach or manager that is giving him feedback that his performance wasn't good enough isn't a player I want on my team. 

yeah, that is their opinion, and it's also their opinion that you don't deserve to play, and it's their opinion that matters. 

Every move by Columbus this year has been criticized, by both the media and the fans.  They've pushed Fantilli to the wing.  They've demoted Kent Johnson.  They brought on two more defencemen despite having Jiricek signed.  And of course... they're playing Peeke and Boqvist (who look terrible) ahead of Jiricek.  Babcock was the icing on the cake.

So yeah.  Those are facts.  What would your educated opinion be on the issue?  Yeah - the management sucks.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Every move by Columbus this year has been criticized, by both the media and the fans.  They've pushed Fantilli to the wing.  They've demoted Kent Johnson.  They brought on two more defencemen despite having Jiricek signed.  And of course... they're playing Peeke and Boqvist (who look terrible) ahead of Jiricek.  Babcock was the icing on the cake.

So yeah.  Those are facts.  What would your educated opinion be on the issue?  Yeah - the management sucks.

my educated opinion is that a) players who are told they aren't playing well enough by their bosses should try to play better, and b) fans and media are not a source of valuable input. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

A player on another team expresses discontent and suddenly it's about Pettersson?

My god people on this forum are nuts...

You realize where you are right… the comment section on a fan forum board for Canucks…. LOL 

5 minutes ago, tas said:

my educated opinion is that a) players who are told they aren't playing well enough by their bosses should try to play better, and b) fans and media are not a source of valuable input. 

Alright, so I'm asking you directly.  Given the circumstances, why are you choosing to side with management and not the player?  Because that's a choice you made - you sided with management and you think Jiricek is wrong.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Alright, so I'm asking you directly.  Given the circumstances, why are you choosing to side with management and not the player?  Because that's a choice you made - you sided with management and you think Jiricek is wrong.

because I've yet to see a case in my decades of following the sport where the team says the player hasn't been good enough, the player petulantly responds "nuh uh!" , and it turns out it was the team that was wrong. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

We'd likely need to add. 

Would you/everyone do Jiricek for Lekkermaki and our 1st this year? 

Ha no! I wouldn’t even trade JL for this guy straight up. He sounds like a cancer and if he has that kind of entitlement at this stage, I would hate to see how it becomes later.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

We'd likely need to add. 

Would you/everyone do Jiricek for Lekkermaki and our 1st this year? 

If we'd have to add, I don't think the addition is our 1st. They're not far off from each other in value, imo. Maybe add a 3rd, but not a 1st. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

You realize where you are right… the comment section on a fan forum board for Canucks…. LOL 

And that's supposed to mean people are logical and sensible?... okay I see what you mean, throw logical and sensible out the window...

Edited by The Lock

17 minutes ago, tas said:

because I've yet to see a case in my decades of following the sport where the team says the player hasn't been good enough, the player petulantly responds "nuh uh!" , and it turns out it was the team that was wrong. 

image.png.dc6fbaca903faf94526502e31487d449.png

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

And that's supposed to mean people are logical and sensible?... okay I see what you mean, throw logical and sensible out the window...

Sorry I didn’t realize you validate what’s considered logic… you must be a great conversationist 

26 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Ask yourselves this…if Connor Bedard said the same thing in Chicago would we be saying “who wants an entitled prick?” Or would we be happy he was trying to find a way out of a dumpster fire?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Sorry I didn’t realize you validate what’s considered logic… you must be a great conversationist 

I'm great at parties. Thanks for noticing.

Edited by The Lock