[Speculation] Jiricek unhappy in Columbus

19 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

because it's the sedins coaching the powerplay lol do you ever recall a quick pace pp with the sedins ever? they are some of the most boring powerplay ever.. it works.. but boring as hell.. and not everyone can play that way. 

if they are going to move hronek because of contract.. they are going to want someone further along than jiricek.. if the islanders miss the playoff this year.. i check in on dobson if he's availble or not.. gladly give them hronek+++

I guess it works 

It Works The Bachelorette GIF by BuzzFeed

Dobson I think would cost too much. But if Allvin can get it done, why the hell not. 

4 hours ago, RWJC said:

Further to all this, I think people need to understand how bad CBJ has been for its prospects as of late. All 4 top prospects have been bounced between leagues or in the case of Fantilli forced to play on a 4th line LW role so that others can play C meanwhile this team is the drizzling shits. What about Blankenburg? WTF. Look  at who is playing over who on a team in such disarray. The best thing that franchise could do for itself right now is pump the brakes on a couple vets and allow their kids to play. The season is meaningless. Jump starting their future is inherently their best option at the moment, yet they added term and salary to consume the TOI over these kids and it’s been a complete failure, with a carnival act sideshow with their entire coaching department. It’s an absolute mess. 

so for those who still think that it’s out of line for a young player to protect themselves, it’s not just Jiricek. 
fantilli, blankenburg, Johnson and now Jiricek have all voiced or displayed to some degree a tangible disappointment with the org. Add in Merzlikins very bold trade request and that should be enough to give credence as to why a player would use the media to voice concern. 

Everyone is completely ignoring what Columbus fans and media have been saying for months.  I said it before and I'll say it again - anyone here who thinks Jiricek is some kind of entitled brat simply hasn't followed what's been going on.  Every single young player on that team has been ragdolled in favour of lesser players.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 1:16 PM, tas said:

no thanks to entitlement. 

Fuckin sad that we live in a world where people bag out others who express confidence in their ability to succeed.

Have you ever been a professional athlete ?

I was a semi- professional athlete in my thirties and forties that, at that time only had a reasonably small amount of full time professional athletes.

What I know for a fact is that you have to believe in yourself 100 percent, have total confidence in your ability to succeed at the highest level of your chosen endeavour, if you want to compete at the highest level.

I know quite a few ex world champs in sports from boxing, mountain biking, skiing, surfing and snowboarding, Chumpy, rip in peace my brother.

These guys all had total belief in their abilities and pushed hard for every opportunity they could get.

Like my father taught me, screw the doubters, they are usually sitting on their arses telling you what you can't do.

As long as he can put up, why should he shut up.

For sure now he has blown his horn the pressure is on.

• Vintage 2

5 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I agree completely. I would say that Jiricek doesn’t have the recent injury history of Drysdale though. Could be nothing could be something. 

One question I have for everyone is:

IF we had to include either: Podkolzin or Lekkerimaki to make it work, which player are you trading away. 

In an ideal world we see both of them with us long-term. But IF we do push chips in, I see those two as being the possible targets of other teams. And in that unfortunate situation, I think I hang onto Lekkerimaki. 

I could be wrong of course but I totally believe in David's ability to play at the highest level.

I see him as a top pairing RHD at his peak, at worst a second pairing RHD.

These guys, top pairing RHD are almost as rare as Rockin horse shit.

Wingers not so much.

With what he has shown at each level of his career so far I would take the gamble and trade Lekkerimaki for Jiricek in a heart beat.

I also love his confidence/ belief in himself.

• Cheers 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:00 PM, Provost said:

20 and complaining about PP time?  

He wouldn’t be happy here as he wouldn’t get a sniff of PP1 for years.

Jake Bean, D- man, is currently listed as playing on the second PP Unit.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/columbus-blue-jackets/line-combinations

He has scored a total of 8 points in 46 games.

On 1/29/2024 at 2:01 PM, Drakrami said:

lol these kids who say they should be getting topline minutes with 0 achievements usually doesn't pan out well. 20 year old, having played only half a season in the NHL, thinks he knows better than the coach how he can be deployed, just lol. 

Where did he say he wanted top line minutes ?

He stated he would like some PP time like some of the players who were drafted after him are getting on their teams.

On 1/29/2024 at 2:16 PM, Miss Korea said:

What!?  There was a period of like three months where you put Peeke in every single proposal to bring him here.  He's just as bad as he was last year!

Um no.

Last year he scored 13 points in 80 games and was - 41

This year he has scored 6 points in 19 games and is -4

So 82 games that would be double the points from last year  and a only - 18 or so.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=187555

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Where did he say he wanted top line minutes ?

He stated he would like some PP time like some of the players who were drafted after him are getting on their teams.

If powerplay time is not topline minutes, I dont know what is. 

(lol)

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

If powerplay time is not topline minutes, I dont know what is. 

(lol)

Jake Bean is listed a playing on the third line.

And he is playing on the second PP Unit.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/columbus-blue-jackets/line-combinations

As I have already posted, he has  scored 8 points in 46 games played.

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Ken Hitchcock and Brett Hull had an ongoing feud back in the day. I remember Hull criticizing Hitch because they had a drill where the players were instructed to shoot the puck wide of the net.

Hull said wtf? You’re never going to score goals that way. So Hull did it his way and had a HOF career

and hull was a lazy, out of shape floater and hitch coached the stars to a cup. 

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Fuckin sad that we live in a world where people bag out others who express confidence in their ability to succeed.

Have you ever been a professional athlete ?

I was a semi- professional athlete in my thirties and forties that, at that time only had a reasonably small amount of full time professional athletes.

What I know for a fact is that you have to believe in yourself 100 percent, have total confidence in your ability to succeed at the highest level of your chosen endeavour, if you want to compete at the highest level.

I know quite a few ex world champs in sports from boxing, mountain biking, skiing, surfing and snowboarding, Chumpy, rip in peace my brother.

These guys all had total belief in their abilities and pushed hard for every opportunity they could get.

Like my father taught me, screw the doubters, they are usually sitting on their arses telling you what you can't do.

As long as he can put up, why should he shut up.

For sure now he has blown his horn the pressure is on.

and in team sports you have to learn to lose your ego and buy in. opportunities are earned. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

and in team sports you have to learn to lose your ego and buy in. opportunities are earned. 

Who says ?

You ?

Are you, or have you been a professional or semi professional athlete ? 

Ever had anything to do with the development of talent in regards to athletes.

I have.

The very first things I taught them was to first believe in themselves 100 percent, and then give 100 percent.

There is nothing wrong with being confident in your ability to succeed.

That's what I took out of David's statement.

He even gave credit to his AHL coaches. 

There is also a way to develop players.

He has shown he deserves to be playing in the NHL.

He has earned that opportunity. 

It's not like the all players who are playing defence for Columbus deserve to be playing ahead of him. 

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Um no.

Last year he scored 13 points in 80 games and was - 41

This year he has scored 6 points in 19 games and is -4

So 82 games that would be double the points from last year  and a only - 18 or so.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=187555

Bless you.

Andrew Peeke... has been healthy scratched for 30 games already this season.  Not even 50 games into the season and he's been scratched THIRTY times.  Do you want to know how many minutes he played against Vancouver the other night?  9:37.  And here you think he's playing... better than last year.

You do understand that he's a defensive defenceman who is so bad at his job he's getting benched all year long, right?  Points?  Plus/minus?  Who the heck looks at such basic stats like that anymore?  Especially for a D-man?  Do you think Noah Juulsen is worse this year because he has a lower +/-?  

image.png.8524fff3d94c06160315633c11d7f278.png f1fzMTV.gif.e41684731b2c74f3ad608b3224784be3.gif

13 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Bless you.

Andrew Peeke... has been healthy scratched for 30 games already this season.  Not even 50 games into the season and he's been scratched THIRTY times.  Do you want to know how many minutes he played against Vancouver the other night?  9:37.  And here you think he's playing... better than last year.

You do understand that he's a defensive defenceman who is so bad at his job he's getting benched all year long, right?  Points?  Plus/minus?  Who the heck looks at such basic stats like that anymore?  Especially for a D-man?  Do you think Noah Juulsen is worse this year because he has a lower +/-?  

image.png.8524fff3d94c06160315633c11d7f278.png f1fzMTV.gif.e41684731b2c74f3ad608b3224784be3.gif

You made a statement that he is playing as worse as last year.

I provided information that contradicts that. 

82 game schedule he would score 26 points on the pace he is scoring, playing as you state not a lot of minutes each game.

Not bad for $2,750,000 a year.

He has also cut in half the goals against when he is on the ice.

So no, he not playing anywhere near as bad as he was playing last year.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/scouts-analysis-why-columbus-needs-to-be-careful-with-frustrated-prospect-david-jiricek/

SCOUTS ANALYSIS 

" The Blue Jackets seem to forget what they have in this prospect. Jiricek can beat goalies at any level with a clapper or snap shot from range. He's a power play threat waiting to happen. He has always produced offense in every stop along his development. 

Edited by Ilunga

Just now, Ilunga said:

You made a statement that he is playing as worse as last year.

I provided information that contradicts that. 

82 game schedule he would score 26 points on the pace he is scoring, playing as you state not a lot of minutes each game.

Not bad for $2,750,000 a year.

He has also cut in half the goals against when he is on the ice.

So no, he not playing anywhere near as bad as he was playing last year.

None of what you said addresses what I've just shown to you.  Why is someone who's supposedly playing better getting scratched to oblivion?  Why have his defensive metrics completely plummeted?  Why have his offensive metrics not gone up at all?

The answer?  He has gotten objectively worse.  It's crazy that your concept of performance relies upon points, +/- and nothing else.  How does that belief reconcile with the reality of Peeke's situation this season?  And how does it reconcile with his horrendous metrics?

Just now, Miss Korea said:

None of what you said addresses what I've just shown to you.  Why is someone who's supposedly playing better getting scratched to oblivion?  Why have his defensive metrics completely plummeted?  Why have his offensive metrics not gone up at all?

The answer?  He has gotten objectively worse.  It's crazy that your concept of performance relies upon points, +/- and nothing else.  How does that belief reconcile with the reality of Peeke's situation this season?  And how does it reconcile with his horrendous metrics?

Maybe because he plays in a team environment where the play of the team as a whole affects the performances of its individual parts.

Have you ever heard the saying, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole ?

That's literally the definition of a good team.

As we know Columbus is the opposite of that. 

As many have pointed out, and management and the coaching department at Columbus leave a lot to be desired. 

No offense however I don't think much of your charts. 

As for who pays attention to points, management does when it comes to handing out salaries.

• Vintage 1

On 1/28/2024 at 9:10 PM, Jim Tim said:

This is the guy we should be allllll over should he actually become available. He's a future top pairing 2-way stud that would look insane next to Hughes.

Disagree.   He was punished and rightly so, you don't do this.    QHs earned his opportunity.   And thanked Greener for it the day we played NJ for the shot.   He's not QH's.   Let the guy go to another team, that doesn't treat entitlement the same way.    Look what's happened with Kuzmennko.    And he's said all the right things.    We don't need this sort of thing, in the locker room.   It should 100%, stay out of the press. 

• ThereItIs 1

On 1/28/2024 at 9:57 PM, King Heffy said:

I'm inclined to chalk the comments up to Columbus being a very poorly run organization.  Naslund almost requested a trade before Burke stopped him, and he ended up wearing the C.

When was this?  Naslund went right to Messier's wing,   Source? 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. CBJ has, from the sounds of it, a culture problem of entitlement in some of their young players. “I want cherry ice time” baby whiners. 

How's PLD doing in LA anyways?   CLB just doesn't make a lot of sense as a place for a hockey team.    Rick Nash made it work for awhile.   2 decades before a playoff game probably has something to do with it.    Bloated league.     They are the WNP of the US hockey world.   As in the least desirable city.   The fans in WNP make it a great hockey town though.     CLB fires a cannon and has some gimmicks.      They've got one big series win with Torts at the helm, and Bobrovsky.      That's nuts given how many years they've existed.     Some places (CLB and ARI) hockey just doesn't belong.   And at least PHX had some good teams.    Laine.   Yikes.  It's still not working over there.    

Edited by IBatch
  • ThereItIs 1