[PROPOSAL] Two trades to go for the Stanely Cup

It would probably make more sense for Lindholm to share C with Petey on the second line, but play the RW. He played RW when he was on a line with Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm. So then it would be:

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Lindholm

Lindholm would definitely be a huge add for us, but I think it might be too risky of a play as he is likely a rental for us in the end. A friend of mine is a big Flames fan, and the rumor is that Lindholm is likely to ask for 7.5m+ a year in his new contract as this would be his chance to cash in. 

• ThereItIs 1

16 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Re:  Suter-Lindholm-Mikheyev

You’re correct that the line above would be more 3rd line-ish than a 2nd line, but my thought is that it would be an elite shut down line…..so much so to the point that you could throw them out there against another teams’ top line (ultimately resulting in more offensive deployment for our other lines).  

I also think that a guy like Jenner, Lindholm, or Couture would be able to help ignite a little bit of offense from Suter and Mikheyev which would give this line a little bit of offensive production (even if the primary focus would be on shutting down)

Very difficult to play a matchup game when you are not on home ice. I really feel if we are trying to contend then we need a legit 2nd line threat that can score, not 3A and 3B lines. I like Lindholm, but I think his best fit is on a line with Petey. Together they form the basis of a legit 2nd line.

Jenner is not a center that racks up assists. He is more of a gritty goal scorer, so if we got him you'd also want to put him on a line with Petey, who would drive play and set Jenner up to score. Jenner on a line with Suter and Mik would not generate offense.

Couture drives play but he is 35 years old next month and has 4 more seasons at $8m. We should not go there.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Very difficult to play a matchup game when you are not on home ice. I really feel if we are trying to contend then we need a legit 2nd line threat that can score, not 3A and 3B lines. I like Lindholm, but I think his best fit is on a line with Petey. Together they form the basis of a legit 2nd line.

Jenner is not a center that racks up assists. He is more of a gritty goal scorer, so if we got him you'd also want to put him on a line with Petey, who would drive play and set Jenner up to score. Jenner on a line with Suter and Mik would not generate offense.

Couture drives play but he is 35 years old next month and has 4 more seasons at $8m. We should not go there.

In that case, my best advice would be to move Mikheyev+ for a center that could possibly help get Kuzmenko going again.

Suter-???-Kuzmenko

Suter plays LW on this line and acts as the defensive conscience.  

2 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

In that case, my best advice would be to move Mikheyev+ for a center that could possibly help get Kuzmenko going again.

Suter-???-Kuzmenko

Suter plays LW on this line and acts as the defensive conscience.  

TOO LATE!!!

• Haha 1

looks like your proposal is close.. but we way undervalue their player worth lol not only did we not get tanev we couldn't even get them to do 50% on lindholm 😄 i dont think that conditional 4th that ups to a 3rd if we make the conference final would have gotten us tanev if we upped it to a 2nd let alone any retention. canucks prolly wanted tanev but balked when they prolly targetted one of willander or lekkerimaki