Constant Disrespect for Canucks Players is Annoying as F

HKSR

37 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

McDavid is above Kucherov despite being almost 20 points behind him in scoring. Miller's not better than many of the players ahead of him but he's far better than Crosby right now and arguably even Petey and I'd say Rantanen so deserves to be 10OA. Hughes and Makar are forever going to be tied, I agree that objectively Hughes is having a better year so far but they'll never drop that.

Crosby is playing amazingly well right now. Of course so is Miller. Crosby does have 27 goals to Miller's 21 and is killing it in the face-off circle, and is the MVP of his team by a mile. Miller probably deserves it for the year he is having but we are also talking Sid the Kid. He's always going to get a little bump.

Edited by Gawdzukes

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Fair enough. It just seems silly to be concerned about a 12 vs 18 in a subjective ranking of the 25 best players in the world. I guess that part is lost on you. It's clear Demko's #'s are far closer to Helle than Panarin, Draisaitl, Reinhart, Nylander, and Hyman. I checked and those 5 don't even have one single shut out amongst all of them. I'm shocked. Utter Hypocrisy! :frantic:

Keep fighting the good fight. This is a very important battle in a long battle of wrongs vs Vancouver and our hard done by franchise. 🥳

I talk about Demko and Hellebuyck and you drag the other players into the conversation? 

I just think Demko and Hellebuyck are not that far off to be ranked 9th and 18th.  That's it.  I'll leave it at that.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I talk about Demko and Hellebuyck and you drag the other players into the conversation? 

I just think Demko and Hellebuyck are not that far off to be ranked 9th and 18th.  That's it.  I'll leave it at that.

Those are the players in between the 12 you claim he should be and 18 he was ranked. Point being you can't compare players and goalies stats. It's pointless. You might as well just rank him number 10. No matter what he's the second ranked goalie.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Those are the players in between the 12 you claim he should be and 18 he was ranked. Point being you can't compare players and goalies stats. It's pointless. You might as well just rank him number 10. No matter what he's the second ranked goalie.

As I said in a previous post.  Swap Hellebuyck and Miller and it makes a whole lot more sense to me.  4th highest scorer in the NHL ranked 9th, 1st ranked and 2nd ranked goaltenders only 6 spots apart. 

Like you said, it's all subjective.  I have my opinion.  You have yours.  There's nothing more to talk about here.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Again, your opinion vs mine.  I respectfully disagree.  Just keep in mind I didn't say hellebuyck shouldn't be ranked ahead of Demko.  I just said they should be closer.  Just as their stats reflect.

They are close.. they are literally ranked 1-2 in terms of goalies.. there’s nothing wrong with having skaters slot in in between them coz u know maybe those skaters are actually better? Maybe they are ranked say 99 and 98 out of 100 but the guys in between are rated 98.1-98.9 for example? They are ranked 1-2 in goalie not sure what is there to complain.. maybe you should complain why he’s 18th and not 10th or 5th or even 1st 2nd?

Hughes v Makar is understandable, two young studs with killer ozone play and respectable dzone play. I think Makar had the quicker start, but thats more due to the team situation each player had. WIth an equally good team in front of him, Hughes has been closing the gap. Give it a few years, if The Canucks can remain competitive beyond this year then I believe we may start hearing Hughes' name a little more often than Makar. A Norris trophy would also help, so lets keep our fingers crossed Hughes stays dominant this year.

When it comes to Miller, I really do think the guy is still underrated. I remember reading at the start of the season that apparently Miller is the 10th leading scorer among active players since joining the Canucks and this will be his first All Star appearance. Think about that, before this years ASG, the leagues 10th highest scorer over the past 4 seasons or so hadnt appeared in a single ASG. That should be the definition of underrated.

Tho, I think Millers attitude issues at times may factor into the media not talking about him. Its a poor selling point for the game when you watch a guy banging his stick on the net and yelling at his goalie. Also, there is the fact that Miller himself has stated he is not that interested in doing commercials or being big in the media.

All that said, anyone who knows anything about hockey should know JT doesnt get the credit he deserves.

As of right now, if you had to choose between losing MIller or Petey for the playoffs, who would you choose? I think its obvious that Miller gives us a better chance than Petey does right now. In a couple years we will have to see, I wont crystal ball this and say Miller cant play good hockey into his late 30's. Who knows what it will be like a few years from now.

The ASG will be a good chance to showcase to mainstream sports media and east coast hockey fans just how good our players are. In Millers case, he doesnt have any elite skill, he is a sum of his parts player, so the skills competition probably wont be Millers cup of tea. Hopefully he has a big ASG. 

Still, Im excited for all the Canuck talent being showcased. GO Canucks Go!!!

On 1/30/2024 at 11:04 AM, HKSR said:

Here is TSN's top 25 list at the All Star Break:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/nathan-mackinnon-usurps-connor-mcdavid-in-tsn-s-mid-season-player-ranking-1.2069444

So 2 things stand out to me.  Both related to the Canucks.

1.  Cale Makar over Quinn Hughes

This has been talked about all season long, and @Miss Korea can back it up with numbers as well.  THIS SEASON, Quinn Hughes is the superior defenceman and player.  There should be no doubts about it, but I guess I shouldn't expect any different from the Toronto Sports Network and Toronto biased media personalities. 

2. JT Miller gets absolutely no respect

How does the league's 4th highest scorer, who wins 54% of his faceoffs (5th most FO wins in the entire NHL), kills penalties, basically does it all finish at 12th on the list?  Disrespected all the time.  Honestly, I think if their media actually followed the Canucks closer, they'd realize JT Miller should be ahead of Elias Pettersson. 

I won't be surprised to see the Leafs, Coilers, and Jets power ranked higher than us despite the standings. We could win the cup twice and it still wouldn't change their minds 😅

• Cheers 2

As long as the Canucks fan base  supports this team, the team as a whole is # 1.

We can hold our heads up in pride. Not needing to control media and it's affiliates. 

Personally, l look at the center of the universe as an uncontrollable disease.

Thing is, you can flip all of this and look at how we view a team like Toronto. Do we always respect players like Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, etc? I'd argue we don't always, nor should we have to.

I say let the league "disrespect" and let us show the error in their ways. 😉