Elias Pettersson | #40 | C/LW

Jess

16 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yeah it would be about right. I think Petey moving into his prime, there is nothing to suggest he won't impove his yearly output in the coming years. 
Miller is a magic case. As much as folks hate Benning and his dealings, he has to be hailed for aquiring him. 
During the games he is constantly coaching and leading from the front. A proper leader on the ice. I have nothing but amazed how much he has taken on the leadership role. If he continues to put up points like he has, he is likely to go past Linden and Nazzy. 
If they find a way to keep the lotto line together, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Peteys and Millers production improve even more. 
Its good times to be a Canucks fan. 

I am still picking the crow feathers from my teeth on this one. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am still picking the crow feathers from my teeth on this one. 

No shame in that... I was on the fence as to whom should stay and who should go, but JR/PA had the advantage of not being as emotional invested as us...

Allvin made the right choice, and thank god for that, but lets not forget that leading up to the decision being made, Miller had some less than savoury moments with half arsed back checking, slow changes, and in general things that could suggest he wasn't invested in the project.

Some how Tocchet got through to him, and found the switch that turned the light on... He has been nothing less than sensational since Tocchet took over. And at $8M.... atm that is a steal... daylight robbery...

He is the on ice Captain... 

Also think Allvin pulled a rabbit out of the hat, when he made Quinn captain.

I often wondered, if the same issues, that seemed to linger between Bo and JT, would resurface between JT and Petey, if either were made the captain.

Miller seems to have accepted the situation, and the way he constantly talks, directs and set up plays on the ice prior to puck drop, makes me really happy. Singing from the same song book is half the battle and they seem to be doing just that. 

• Cheers 1

Petey's gone alien-mode in the past two games. Four goals and three assists for seven points and +7 in the past two games. Back on pace for well over 100 points again.

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Ho hum, 4 pts and now 17th in all-time Canuck scoring for Elias Pettersson.

image.png.cbf370f3c245a61ffafcee5afe663920.png

If he can keep up his pace for the rest of the season and playoffs; he could possibly surpass Bo for the top 10th overall in scoring.

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If he can keep up his pace for the rest of the season and playoffs; he could possibly surpass Bo for the top 10th overall in scoring.

46 points to pass, he'll have to keep it up the pace, but I think he'll get there.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:53 PM, Wilbur said:

Crazy to see that at this point every player he's going to pass is a Canucks legend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:53 PM, Wilbur said:

I think Petey will at least equal Horvat's total of 420 this season. So yes, I think Petey hits 420 this year and surpasses Bo's mark.

Edited by Pure961089

Pettersson is already having a top 10 game winning goals season.

image.png.a2d4fa73be038afea5da104be7266ade.png

Hughes is getting awfully close to the same in defense assists and points.  While Hughes and Hronek are currently in a top ten all-time single season spot in +/-.

On 1/10/2024 at 3:52 PM, Pure961089 said:

I love listening to the road crew sometimes. "Keith, this is just some kind of a goal by Pettersson."

Good luck defending that.

As much as this market wants a contract to be done yesterday, with the way he's going maybe just let him cook & don't take his focus off this season for a second.

We'll be handing over the bag either way, might aswell focus on winning the cup right now & securing his future when he's ready to focus on it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Maybe it's his way of saying he's signing soon?

It's very cryptic to me. He knows we're anxious to get him signed...and something like this will stir the masses. Or me at least.