Elias Pettersson | #40 | C/LW

Jess

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Guentzel-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Mikheyev

Podkolzin-Aman-Lafferty

This lineup would have made the playoffs.

Then the playoffs would have been incredible...

Suter-Miller-Boeser 

Guentzel-Lindholm-Petey

Garland-Blueger-Joshua 

PDG-Aman-Hoglander

lol you are assuming that lineup with make the playoff.. joshua was injured for over a month.. they bluegar garland joshua line was effective coz they dominate other teams 3rd line and bottom pairing.. they also went invisible for a 10 game stretch when other team started playing their 2nd line against them.. so no that lineup is trash.. almost as bad as edmonton's 1 line team.. actually that is even worse than edmonton's 1line team..

you are literally going to be playing a bluegar garland hoglander/mikheyev 2nd line for almost 1.5 month lol good luck getting any secondary scoring outside that top line.

Edited by wai_lai416

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol you are assuming that lineup with make the playoff.. joshua was injured for over a month.. they bluegar garland joshua line was effective coz they dominate other teams 3rd line and bottom pairing.. they also went invisible for a 10 game stretch when other team started playing their 2nd line against them.. so no that lineup is trash.. almost as bad as edmonton's 1 line team.. actually that is even worse than edmonton's 1line team..

And how did edm do?

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And how did edm do?

you are comparing a 1 line edmonton team to a 1 line any other team in the league? mcdavid draistal hyman bouchard ekholm almost have more points than all the forwards in ur lineup combined.. and if u add RNH because of the powerplay.. they have like 90% of the total points our entire lineup have minus joshua ep and lindholm.. i'm sure if we only have 1 line like edmonton we'll be just as good lmao

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

you are comparing a 1 line edmonton team to a 1 line any other team in the league? mcdavid draistal hyman bouchard ekholm almost have more points than all the forwards in ur lineup combined.. and if u add RNH because of the powerplay.. they have like 90% of the total points our entire lineup have minus joshua ep and lindholm.. i'm sure if we only have 1 line like edmonton we'll be just as good lmao

We don't need to be as good as EDM.  We just have to be a .500 hockey team and we would have made the playoffs.

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

We don't need to be as good as EDM.  We just have to be a .500 hockey team and we would have made the playoffs.

and you think we would have been a .500 hockey team with 1 line and a powerplay that haven't been scoring since febuary and without demko? i gladly bet no.. without 2 core player ep and demko.. minus another player which would have been a core on most team lindholm.. minus prolly your unsung hero joshua?? ya i don't think we are a .500 team

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

and you think we would have been a .500 hockey team with 1 line and a powerplay that haven't been scoring since febuary and without demko? i gladly bet no.. without 2 core player ep and demko.. minus another player which would have been a core on most team lindholm.. minus prolly your unsung hero joshua?? ya i don't think we are a .500 team

We would have gained Guentzel who honestly would have likely provided more offence down the stretch than EP40 did.  Do yes, I think we would have been a .500 hockey team, and likely more than that.  So the ONLY difference would have been EP40 out and Guentzel in.  How many goals and points did EP40 have down the stretch again? And how many did Guentzel have?

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

We would have gained Guentzel who honestly would have likely provided more offence down the stretch than EP40 did.  Do yes, I think we would have been a .500 hockey team, and likely more than that.  So the ONLY difference would have been EP40 out and Guentzel in.  How many goals and points did EP40 have down the stretch again? And how many did Guentzel have?

difference is EP centers a line.. guentzel doesn't.. how many goals do you think hoglander provides with bluegar or suter as his center?? and essentially turning the team into a 1 line team and possibly the garland line doing nothing like they did when other teams played them like the 2nd pairing?

57 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

difference is EP centers a line.. guentzel doesn't.. how many goals do you think hoglander provides with bluegar or suter as his center?? and essentially turning the team into a 1 line team and possibly the garland line doing nothing like they did when other teams played them like the 2nd pairing?

EP40 didn't contribute much offensively down the stretch.  That's not up for debate.  That is fact.  He became a defensive centre.  That's what Suter, Blueger, and Aman are.  Guentzel would have brought something we were lacking.  Goals and offence.  Personally I think we would have been just as strong with Guentzel being centered by Suter as we would have been with Pettersson centering Mikheyev.  

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Suter-Guentzel

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Aman-Lafferty

That right there is about the same depth as we had with a hobbling EP40.  I just can't see a scenario where a lineup like that would have dropped out of the playoffs.  You are literally talking about losing an EP40 that had less than 5 goals down the stretch.  Hardly a huge loss when you add in a Guentzel.

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

EP40 didn't contribute much offensively down the stretch.  That's not up for debate.  That is fact.  He became a defensive centre.  That's what Suter, Blueger, and Aman are.  Guentzel would have brought something we were lacking.  Goals and offence.  Personally I think we would have been just as strong with Guentzel being centered by Suter as we would have been with Pettersson centering Mikheyev.  

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Suter-Guentzel

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Aman-Lafferty

That right there is about the same depth as we had with a hobbling EP40.  I just can't see a scenario where a lineup like that would have dropped out of the playoffs.  You are literally talking about losing an EP40 that had less than 5 goals down the stretch.  Hardly a huge loss when you add in a Guentzel.

again a hobbling ep contribute more offensively than a sutter or bluegar ever will centering the 2nd line.. it also allows the 3rd line to stay as a 3rd line instead of being a 2nd line.. guentzel centere by suter and mikheyev u kidding me it'll be strong? so who's setting up guentzel? no one? literally 0 setup guys on the line.. i dunno what to say if you think getting a guentzel (winger) to replace a center and dismantling your top 6 to become a 1line team

30 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

again a hobbling ep contribute more offensively than a sutter or bluegar ever will centering the 2nd line.. it also allows the 3rd line to stay as a 3rd line instead of being a 2nd line.. guentzel centere by suter and mikheyev u kidding me it'll be strong? so who's setting up guentzel? no one? literally 0 setup guys on the line.. i dunno what to say if you think getting a guentzel (winger) to replace a center and dismantling your top 6 to become a 1line team

Why are you ignoring the fact Guentzel's offence would be added in place of EP40?  

Are you seriously telling me Petey's line was strong down the stretch?  They produced NOTHING offensively.  How is a line with Guentzel on it centered by Suter ANY different than Petey with Mikheyev?  That pair was an offensive black hole.

I don't know what to tell ya man.  EP40 with Mikheyev was absolute garbage offensively down the stretch.  Taking EP40 out of the lineup would have had almost no impact to the Canucks offence.  ESPECIALLY if you added Guentzel into the mix.

54 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I take a healthy Petey over Guentzel every day of the week

Healthy is the key word. 

I take a HEALTHY Petey over a HEALTHY Guentzel 100 times out of 100.

I take a HEALTHY Guentzel over an INJURED and hobbling Petey 100 times out of 100.  

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Why are you ignoring the fact Guentzel's offence would be added in place of EP40?  

Are you seriously telling me Petey's line was strong down the stretch?  They produced NOTHING offensively.  How is a line with Guentzel on it centered by Suter ANY different than Petey with Mikheyev?  That pair was an offensive black hole.

I don't know what to tell ya man.  EP40 with Mikheyev was absolute garbage offensively down the stretch.  Taking EP40 out of the lineup would have had almost no impact to the Canucks offence.  ESPECIALLY if you added Guentzel into the mix.

no one is ignoring guentzel's offence would replace ep? the fact is you are adding offence to your TOP line and making all your other line ineffective? if guentzel is a EP replacement 1:1 on the 2nd line sure that would be fine. fact is he's not? you are putting guentzel on the top line and then completely neutered the 2nd and 3rd line? teams will easily load up against your top line and don't even have to worry about any of the other 3 lines coz literally none of them is a legitimate top 6 player.. you think replacing EP with Guentzel is going to fix the powerplay problem? you don't think every team we play against is going to just load up and try to shutdown the guentzel miller boeser line? and if they are shutdown then what? you think your other 3 line will be able to contribute when they are all going to be playing above their pecking order and all of them is a grinder?

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Healthy is the key word. 

I take a HEALTHY Petey over a HEALTHY Guentzel 100 times out of 100.

I take a HEALTHY Guentzel over an INJURED and hobbling Petey 100 times out of 100.  

So with your proposed lineup is it fair to assume that you believe Petey won’t be healthy going forward and Guentzel will?

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Suter-Guentzel

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Aman-Lafferty

You forgot Lindy, who was a significant part of the Canuck playoffs. He also put up similar points

and boosted the 2nd and 3rd lines.  His combination of offensive and defensive skills made a huge

difference to the team's outcome.  Being a C or RW worked well for the Nucks.

I don't see Hogs and Suter providing much offence to help Guenzel all that much.

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

no one is ignoring guentzel's offence would replace ep? the fact is you are adding offence to your TOP line and making all your other line ineffective? if guentzel is a EP replacement 1:1 on the 2nd line sure that would be fine. fact is he's not? you are putting guentzel on the top line and then completely neutered the 2nd and 3rd line? teams will easily load up against your top line and don't even have to worry about any of the other 3 lines coz literally none of them is a legitimate top 6 player.. you think replacing EP with Guentzel is going to fix the powerplay problem? you don't think every team we play against is going to just load up and try to shutdown the guentzel miller boeser line? and if they are shutdown then what? you think your other 3 line will be able to contribute when they are all going to be playing above their pecking order and all of them is a grinder?

Read it again.  I didn't load up the top line.

Just answer one question.  How effective was EP40 down the stretch offensively?  

Same question for Mikheyev.

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

You forgot Lindy, who was a significant part of the Canuck playoffs. He also put up similar points

and boosted the 2nd and 3rd lines.  His combination of offensive and defensive skills made a huge

difference to the team's outcome.  Being a C or RW worked well for the Nucks.

I don't see Hogs and Suter providing much offence to help Guenzel all that much.

I get that.  We're assuming all else equal and just isolating this to Guentzel and EP40.  I simply can't see us falling out of a playoff spot if we just replaced EP40 with Guentzel.  

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Read it again.  I didn't load up the top line.

Just answer one question.  How effective was EP40 down the stretch offensively?  

Same question for Mikheyev.

more effective than putting guentzel with suter and mikahyev ever will be

12 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

So with your proposed lineup is it fair to assume that you believe Petey won’t be healthy going forward and Guentzel will?

No, nothing to do with that.  The whole conversation originated with putting EP40 on LTIR and acquiring Guentzel in the meantime.  Wailai thinks we would have missed the playoffs without EP40 and adding Guentzel.  I disagreed.

• Cheers 1

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

more effective than putting guentzel with suter and mikahyev ever will be

Agree to disagree.  IMO, EP40 was playing like a 3C down the stretch.  Guentzel was playing like a top 6 winger.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No, nothing to do with that.  The whole conversation originated with putting EP40 on LTIR and acquiring Guentzel in the meantime.  Wailai thinks we would have missed the playoffs without EP40 and adding Guentzel.  I disagreed.

Oh understood - I obviously missed the lead up. Sorry folks! 

Are we sure that Petey was even LTIR eligible? I know there’s all sorts of LTIR usage that raises eyebrows, but is it possible that Petey’s nagging knee issue didn’t qualify? Legitimate question here for those more knowledgeable than me. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I get that.  We're assuming all else equal and just isolating this to Guentzel and EP40.  I simply can't see us falling out of a playoff spot if we just replaced EP40 with Guentzel.  

It's hard to speculate, maybe they sneak in as a wildcard team.  I don't see them getting past

the 1st round.  I like Suter and he wasn't bad helping out JT and Brock; he's good on defence

and can pop a goal in now and then.  But having him as 2nd C looks pretty bad.

Let's face it, before EP got injured, he was on pace for +100pts. Guentzel (at 29) has never

been more than a pt per game player and that's with some great Cs as linemates.  I don't

know if he would do so well with Hogs and Suter on his line.

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

It's hard to speculate, maybe they sneak in as a wildcard team.  I don't see them getting past

the 1st round.  I like Suter and he wasn't bad helping out JT and Brock; he's good on defence

and can pop a goal in now and then.  But having him as 2nd C looks pretty bad.

Let's face it, before EP got injured, he was on pace for +100pts. Guentzel (at 29) has never

been more than a pt per game player and that's with some great Cs as linemates.  I don't

know if he would do so well with Hogs and Suter on his line.

Yeah no I don't think Guentzel would replace EP40 long term.  I'm thinking if EP40 was on LTIR and we added Guentzel, we probably would have still made the playoffs and then would have had that additional top 6 winger we really could have used in our run.

• Cheers 1