Elias Pettersson | #40 | C/LW

Jess

On 8/19/2024 at 9:45 AM, Jess said:

I personally don't think Sprong will get substantial top 6 time. He has some offensive skill to play that role, but all indications say his defense is lacking so I'm not sure Tocchet will want to play him big minutes.

I myself know little of Sprong, but,

I would think Tocchet had considerable input after the scouts and management all discussed players before signing them to the team,

Having said that, It will be on the player to earn his play and no longer be gifted,

If Tocchet doesn't see the effort from Any players, then play will be limited (or moved out as others have)

The country club culture has been changed to accountability, and the players pressure others (as management wanted) and they all benefit by enjoying the game more with ice time, winning and bigger contracts 

6 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

I myself know little of Sprong, but,

I would think Tocchet had considerable input after the scouts and management all discussed players before signing them to the team,

Having said that, It will be on the player to earn his play and no longer be gifted,

If Tocchet doesn't see the effort from Any players, then play will be limited (or moved out as others have)

The country club culture has been changed to accountability, and the players pressure others (as management wanted) and they all benefit by enjoying the game more with ice time, winning and bigger contracts 

I haven't seen much of Sprong. But the highlight videos and analysis of him, seems like he need much more intensity in his own zone. Since he didn't get many offers or a high pay check, one might think this is one of his last seasons to prove he can improve his defensive game. I trust RT to do just that. Sprong will have another 20 goal season and improve on his defensive game, earn a bigger contract somewhere else and JL will step in to fill that spot next season.

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Right on! Just try and stay out of the box, Pete! 😇

Always funny to see fans try and judge how big a player is in full equipment. 🤣

That proves nothing. Two different poses and regardless the left one might have been taken at the end of last season when he wasn’t as bulked.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Always funny to see fans try and judge how big a player is in full equipment. 🤣

That proves nothing. Two different poses and regardless the left one might have been taken at the end of last season when he wasn’t as bulked.

Well, his head fits his helmet a little better, don't you think?🤔

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Well, his head fits his helmet a little better, don't you think?🤔

He's bulking up those temples 💪

• Haha 1