Elias Pettersson | #40 | C/LW

Jess

Petterson is beyond frustrating….He is beginning to be our new OEL. An overpaid, over rated warm body. 

Yes we are only 3 games into the season, but this is also after watching him last season too, and how he just disappeared after he signed his new contract.  Like his attitude was well I got my money I don’t give a shit anymore. 

But at 3 games in here’s his summary:

TOI: 3rd - 20:22

P: 12th - 1 A (0 G)

S: 8th - 5 

S%: 15th - 0

Shifts: 24 Avg Shifts 

At his 6 foot 2 frame he’s featherlight 172lbs…. 

I wish there was a way for GM to restructure/re-bargain contracts that if a player (such as Petterson) is just a dead dog. Without it affecting the teams cap.  I know this would never happen, and there are a lot of back contracts out there.  But the dream would be nice.   Because its not like we have the cap space to be like OK Petey you’re playing like pathetic horse turds enjoy watching your team play and win without you from the press box while we sign players that will play, and put the work/effort in. 

5 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

Petey in my opinion, needs a scoring right winger. Full stop. Toffoli, Boeser, Kuzmenko were the guys when he seemed to play his best. I like Debrusk on his left side, but if they ever found a scorer for his rw partner he'd be off to the races.

Yeah agreed he needs a finished. I hope Debrusk can be that, but if not they still should put a scorer on his wing. Maybe Lekkermaki will get a shot there next season.