Elias Pettersson | #40 | C/LW

Jess

It was back in 22-23 in the game vs the Capitals where Petey finally turned the corner and turned his career around.  Since that game Petey has been the elite Superstar we always knew he had in him.

From Jan 16 of 2022 till now 

21-22 Season (from Jan 16)

43 games

26 goals

25 assists

51 points

22-23 Season

80 games

39 goals

63 assists

102 points

23-24 Season

49 games

27 goal

37 assists

64 points.

Totals:

172 Games

92 Goals

135 Assists

217 Points

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 4

On 1/31/2024 at 4:31 PM, Rip The Mesh said:

Will he get another chance this year?  Will he better his speed?  Stay tuned to this or another station.. 😋

Is it just me or do other fans feel that Petey appears disconnected? Not even sure what I am trying to say. I thought the joint media moment with him and Hughes bares this out. Hughes was engaged while Petey was not. He had almost no opinion on Lindholm? Very glad that Hughes was named captain. 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Is it just me or do other fans feel that Petey appears disconnected? Not even sure what I am trying to say. I thought the joint media moment with him and Hughes bares this out. Hughes was engaged while Petey was not. He had almost no opinion on Holstrom? Very glad that Hughes was named captain. 

IMHAO Petey is not a talker. He’s one of those very carefully spoken people. Like a prairie farmer.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Is it just me or do other fans feel that Petey appears disconnected? Not even sure what I am trying to say. I thought the joint media moment with him and Hughes bares this out. Hughes was engaged while Petey was not. He had almost no opinion on Holstrom? Very glad that Hughes was named captain. 

He seemed relaxed and joking with Bieksa.

• Cheers 1

Petey's assist moves him into 15th in all-time Canuck scoring.

13  Ryan Kesler C 655 182 211 393
14  Brendan Morrison C 543 136 257 393
15  Elias Pettersson C 375 163 225 388
16  Andre Boudrias LW 458 121 267 388
  • Like 2

Here's an interesting question: If Pettersson leaves after this year and doesn't sign an extension, does he get into the ROH with say 425 points in about 400 games? My vote would be no. Not a long enough tenure despite his excellence.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Here's an interesting question: If Pettersson leaves after this year and doesn't sign an extension, does he get into the ROH with say 425 points in about 400 games? My vote would be no. Not a long enough tenure despite his excellence.

If we win the cup and Petey gets the Conn Smythe I think that would be enough for ROH. However, otherwise I agree that it would be too few games played as a Canucks and he doesn't have anything extra to justify it like being Captain for example. 425 points would actually have Petey just barely leapfrog Horvat into the top 10 in franchise scoring, but he would also only be 40th in games played.

3 hours ago, Diamonds said:

If we win the cup and Petey gets the Conn Smythe I think that would be enough for ROH. However, otherwise I agree that it would be too few games played as a Canucks and he doesn't have anything extra to justify it like being Captain for example. 425 points would actually have Petey just barely leapfrog Horvat into the top 10 in franchise scoring, but he would also only be 40th in games played.

If Petey doesn't resign with a home town discount he should be banned from the NHL and play his days out in the SHL.  

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think I would vote no too.  He would just pass Horvat in points, does Horvat get in?

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I think some of ROH should be legacy around team  success on that basis I'm not sure about Horvat.

Me neither.  I was too young to watch him play, but Horvat's legacy seems eerily similar to Don Lever.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think I would vote no too.  He would just pass Horvat in points, does Horvat get in?

I think Horvat is a little to shy of longevity/excellence to get in. Another two years and I would've maybe said yes to him.

• Cheers 1

On 2/7/2024 at 12:37 AM, -AJ- said:

If Petey leaves this whole fan base would be giving him the Messier treatment. 

33 minutes ago, TheWhiskeyPickle said:

If Petey leaves this whole fan base would be giving him the Messier treatment. 

Depends why he left. If it's to grab some huge overpayment people might be relieved, particularly if we got a good trade deal back.

Messier is our Everest of douchiness, no one can climb it for the first time again.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

On 2/7/2024 at 7:37 AM, -AJ- said:

Hmm.... that's a good question...

He does hold a fair few records already, so think he might be getting there. Especially if we make some noise in this years playoffs.

How many games did Lu play? or Bure? I know, special talents.... but both around 450 games as Canucks.

39 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Hmm.... that's a good question...

He does hold a fair few records already, so think he might be getting there. Especially if we make some noise in this years playoffs.

How many games did Lu play? or Bure? I know, special talents.... but both around 450 games as Canucks.

Goalie obviously play fewer games than skaters, but Bure had 428 games--only a little more than Petey right now.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Goalie obviously play fewer games than skaters, but Bure had 428 games--only a little more than Petey right now.

True... 

Bure stats    428 games and 478 points = 1.12 points per game

Petey stats  375 games and 388 points  = 1.03 points per game

At the moment he is scoring at 1.30 points per game rate 

At the end of the season (not counting play offs games) it will be 405 games and 430 points = 1.06 points per game average... (which is incredible baring in mind he is just entering his prime)...

On a side note, If we do well in the play offs, he may actually end up very close to Bures games played.

On another note, JT Miller is on a 1.10 points per game as a Canuck... amazing stats really.

Those 3 are the only players in Canucks history to be above 1 point per game having played a decent amount of games...

Thus I think there is an argument for Petey to eventually be in the ROH, even if he leaves in the off season (which I obviously hope isn't the case).

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

True... 

Bure stats    428 games and 478 points = 1.12 points per game

Petey stats  375 games and 388 points  = 1.03 points per game

At the moment he is scoring at 1.30 points per game rate 

At the end of the season (not counting play offs games) it will be 405 games and 430 points = 1.06 points per game average... (which is incredible baring in mind he is just entering his prime)...

On a side note, If we do well in the play offs, he may actually end up very close to Bures games played.

On another note, JT Miller is on a 1.10 points per game as a Canuck... amazing stats really.

Those 3 are the only players in Canucks history to be above 1 point per game having played a decent amount of games...

Thus I think there is an argument for Petey to eventually be in the ROH, even if he leaves in the off season (which I obviously hope isn't the case).

It's a fair point. When Bure came in, he was the first superstar we had, so I think his impact was bigger solely for that reason, but there's a case to be made that Petey might actually be the better player, especially when you factor in his defensive acuity.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It's a fair point. When Bure came in, he was the first superstar we had, so I think his impact was bigger solely for that reason, but there's a case to be made that Petey might actually be the better player, especially when you factor in his defensive acuity.

Bure was electric... when you see old game replays, you still get excited watching him go.... like a true racehorse at a donkey show... Bure was a true superstar.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Bure was electric... when you see old game replays, you still get excited watching him go.... like a true racehorse at a donkey show... Bure was a true superstar.

No one has Bure's speed on the current team. Electric is a excellent description. When he got the puck the fans move forward on their seats or actually stood up. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

No one has Bure's speed on the current team. Electric is a excellent description. When he got the puck the fans move forward on their seats or actually stood up. 

This is something that put folks in the seats... 

Probably why they all love McD in Edmonton... different era, yes, but when he goes, he goes...

In the end its all about being entertained.

PS.  and the fact he scores a shit load of goals.... screw them 🙂

Edited by spook007
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, spook007 said:

Pavel was like what McDavid is now. People might disagree with that, but Pavel played during an era that allowed a lot of hooking, holding and mugging. If Pavel played in today's game, he would be even better than he was back in the 90s.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1