The Whitecaps and MLS thread

the destroyer of worlds

On 10/20/2024 at 4:51 PM, runningback33 said:

Yes and I wish the Whitecaps had their own Stadium so they wouldn’t run into scheduling issues with other events..

This is so bush league.  Slap in the face of the fans who invested $ and time all season to be ok with conceding their home field advantage because of World Supercross Championships at BC place which was apparently scheduled well ahead of this match.

That said this is what has been the issue since the Whitecaps came into the MLS. Greg Kerfoot the owner of the whitecaps wanted to build a stadium near Waterfront  harbour (his land his $) and the province said NO. Greg gets no $ from the concessions and has to keep dealing with situations like the ones today, not being in control of hosting your own games. It’s hard to support a team that isn’t “all in” or serious to commit to this loyal and fantastic soccer base. Vancouver soccer fans deserve better and unfortunately nothing will change until the Whitecaps (and Lions) move out of that too big of a stadium to a more accommodating and properly sized place to call home.

Question is where and how much would that be in this city and province… good luck. But can’t feel good for whitecaps fans that invest their hard earned money and time just to something else can be prioritized over their MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER TEAM. This franchise is just not serious to being a contender unfortunately, and the proof is in the home stadium and its arrangements. 

• Upvote 1

I can honestly say--- I have not seen a single game this season.

1- piss poor advertising, about game days----- I get better updates from the posters on this site, than on tv/radio.

2- hard to find the game

3- Is it a league game, that counts, is it a 'friendly game' that doesn't count- or is it a game against a team in a different league, that counts for some kind of trophy- but not league points?

4- I hate diving, and even the league up here, has way too much of it.

-------------------------

grumpy 'older' guy, leaves thread. lol

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Well, that was certainly unexpected.

First time this season that the Caps have scored five goals.

To keep things in perspective, though, as they mentioned in in the intro, Portland has been just as bad in their last five or six games as were the Whitecaps.  So it's not like Vancouver knocked out a league power house.

But, still, it was nice to see the Caps secure a blowout win and I'm going to enjoy it for the next few days.

Caps now play LAFC on Sunday in the first game of a three game series.

• Thanks 2