Rangers GM Drury taking calls on No 2 overall Kakko

6 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Media's had it wrong and has underestimated the Canucks all season long. "They will regress", "Rangers and LA are ahead of them because they'll win out on their games in hand", "PDO will drop"...

Let's face it. We're underdogs even though we're first, and Edmonton are favorites because they've beaten 12 non playoff teams and 4 playoff teams throughout a favorable schedule. Media won't admit that they've made up 4 singular points in that span on the Canucks, and that the Canucks are 3-0-0 in the season series, with an 18-6 goal differential. 

Canucks aren't taking their foot off the brakes, and Edmonton will crash eventually, and they could potentially fail to recover from it. Either way, their goaltending situation is worse than last year, when their goaltending was the main reason they were out of the playoffs. What did Einstein say about doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Good.  Let'em underestimate this team up until they lift Lord Stanley over their heads.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, N7_Gyoza said:

Any player that becomes available "kuzmenko and 1st should get it done" 

Every forum poster ever...poor kuz has been traded 20 times already haha 

Honestly,

Kuzmenko, Raty, 1st is the new Ballard, Raymond, 1st.

• Haha 1

I’d trade Kuzmenko to Chicago for one of their 2nd round picks. That way we maximize the return on Kuzmenko and also free up the entire $5.5 million in cap space. That is the smartest move IMO. 

Once that deal is done we have the cap space to play ball with any team. 

If we want Kakko we can just give the Rangers a pick and a prospect so New York would still have cap space for another move, i.e Monahan. And it gives us still around $3.4 million to also make another move. With 50% retention we could be in on pretty much everyone. Guentzel, Lindholm, Monahan, Vatrano, Henrique. 

So this way we can add two forwards to the group not one. And maybe even another depth Dman. The key is to move out Kuzmenko first to free up the cap space. 

49 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d trade Kuzmenko to Chicago for one of their 2nd round picks. That way we maximize the return on Kuzmenko and also free up the entire $5.5 million in cap space. That is the smartest move IMO. 

Once that deal is done we have the cap space to play ball with any team. 

If we want Kakko we can just give the Rangers a pick and a prospect so New York would still have cap space for another move, i.e Monahan. And it gives us still around $3.4 million to also make another move. With 50% retention we could be in on pretty much everyone. Guentzel, Lindholm, Monahan, Vatrano, Henrique. 

So this way we can add two forwards to the group not one. And maybe even another depth Dman. The key is to move out Kuzmenko first to free up the cap space. 

I think you may be right here. The rumors on Zadorov doesn't make sense. It looks like he's well liked in the room. 

Kuzmenko on the other hand, looks very much on his way out. Getting rid of that 5.5M cap it is going to be key. 

Well shit there goes Kuz bait.

Wonder if they take a pick to flip?

We have just about enough cap space for him.  Maybe we can yeet Mik as the rest of the team is doing well.  Maybe Lafferty could go.

41 minutes ago, BigBird79 said:

Well shit there goes Kuz bait.

Wonder if they take a pick to flip?

We have just about enough cap space for him.  Maybe we can yeet Mik as the rest of the team is doing well.  Maybe Lafferty could go.

I'm not sure what the appeal with Kakko is. All things considered, he hasn't lived up to his draft billing. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lindholm is done.  Kakko is next.  We have the cap space for him.  Not sure what the Rangers are looking for.  They probably want a 3C and a top 6 forward.  If they move Kakko for a pick and/or prospect then they would have almost $8 million in cap space to acquire those players...

If they're looking for a 3C we can trade them Pius Suter for Kakko one-for-one (Suter is actually scoring at twice the pace Kakko is this year). Then put Kakko on a line with Petey and Lindholm and hope he can finally take the next step.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Diamonds said:

If they're looking for a 3C we can trade them Pius Suter for Kakko one-for-one (Suter is actually scoring at twice the pace Kakko is this year). Then put Kakko on a line with Petey and Lindholm and hope he can finally take the next step.

I feel like if they're not getting a lot of interest they could do for a lower pick alone so they gain cap space flexibility to flip for the 3C they way.
I really don't think we should touch our 3rd or 4th lines until next year.

As you said and after the Lindy trade that's what I was thinking to put him with EL and EP and Mik can be with Miller and Boeser.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm not sure what the appeal with Kakko is. All things considered, he hasn't lived up to his draft billing. 

People have a hard-on for former 1st round picks.

The problem is that the Rangers have been poor drafters (first rounders especially), as seen by their OTHER first round pick that we took (Kratvsov). He sucked while here.