Elias Lindholm | #23 | C/W

24 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Only way we can outbid teams is by going 8 years.

For example, Boston or another team gives him 8 million x 7 seasons. That's $56 million total. We can give him the 8th year, and offer him 7 million x 8 seasons for the same amount. We save $1 million in cap-space per season. We can also offer him $7.5 million x 8, which will give him $60 million total, and we save $500k in cap.

Can other clubs negotiate with Lindy before July 1? 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can other clubs negotiate with Lindy before July 1? 

I don't think they can officially anymore. They removed it a few years ago.

However, nothing stops them from happen to see Lindy and his agent at a coffee shop, and let's share a few donuts together.

• ThereItIs 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just another point of view. Maybe there's something to it. Maybe not.  Ever since I was a kid I've heard the term "You can't have too many centers".

I'm starting to think it may be better not to pursue signing Lindholm to another cap crusher. The very best of the Canucks season was before he got here.

7 + 7 or more is not a path I think the Canucks should take. + he can't drop em! 

For the Canucks to not be able to sign Lindholm... would mean they pissed down the toilet a 1st rounder and multiple players including Kuzmenko... just moronic.

That would be a colossal failure of management... frankly I think they should not have done the trade without an lock on an extension deal being signed with Lindholm...

You can throw away first rounders on the "possibility" of a Cup run.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, -AJ- said:

This mentality is precisely how never to succeed. You need to sacrifice futures to do everything you can at a chance when you have a real chance. Allvin saw a chance and took it. It didn't work out in the end, as is the case with most of these. Only one team wins each year, yet many sacrifice futures to better their chances at winning.

Exactly... don't hang around and wait for the "perfect" day, as they rarely appear, and you've missed the bus...

We bowed out in game 7 without our stating keeper, our leading scorer and a Petey playing less than his stellar self... These things you can't legislate for...

Had Oilers lost out one of their core players, McD playing less than stellar and Draisaitl or Hyman been injured it could just as well have been us playing Panthers...

• Like 1

Sadly that is the cost of a rental these days but we paid a bit extra because we acquired Lindholm earlier on in the season. He was pretty trash all season long so really we spent those assets for what...13 playoff games.

Hurts, but every good team does this - they spent a first + player + prospect for a top player to play from the TDL and playoffs and then that's often it.

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sadly that is the cost of a rental these days but we paid a bit extra because we acquired Lindholm earlier on in the season. He was pretty trash all season long so really we spent those assets for what...13 playoff games.

Hurts, but every good team does this - they spent a first + player + prospect for a top player to play from the TDL and playoffs and then that's often it.

Lindholm came free. The cost to dumperoo all of Cruise Missile was a 1st and a 4th. The two prospects are both long shot NHLers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Lindholm came free. The cost to dumperoo all of Cruise Missile was a 1st and a 4th. The two prospects are both long shot NHLers. 

Kuzy banana can shoot the puck, which is what Petey needs for a partner. Unfortunately that's all Kuzy did.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Kuzy banana can shoot the puck, which is what Petey needs for a partner. Unfortunately that's all Kuzy did.

Yup. I’m hoping we keep Lindy Hop. He’s not a one dimensional player. If he’s not putting up points he still does a lot to help the club win. Face offs, PK, hard to play against, etc. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup. I’m hoping we keep Lindy Hop. He’s not a one dimensional player. If he’s not putting up points he still does a lot to help the club win. Face offs, PK, hard to play against, etc. 

Have to wait I guess like you said for the buyout window to open before other GMs want to make moves, but I would like us to start inking our ufas. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Have to wait I guess like you said for the buyout window to open before other GMs want to make moves, but I would like us to start inking our ufas. 

Yup. What if PLD shakes loose? Or JK? 

48 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I suspect there will be some good players bought out and available this summer. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 1:42 AM, -AJ- said:

This mentality is precisely how never to succeed. You need to sacrifice futures to do everything you can at a chance when you have a real chance. Allvin saw a chance and took it. It didn't work out in the end, as is the case with most of these. Only one team wins each year, yet many sacrifice futures to better their chances at winning.

As long as it's not 1st rounders every season. I'm pretty they were aware as a UFA he was going to be expensive. I don't think Vancouver expected a bidding war.

If that is indeed happening.

I know I said otherwise, week or so, that we should lock up Lindholm if they do the 7+ however length it was, 7 was it?  Will we still be a tough enough

forward group? I'm looking at our forwards and watching how tough it is to win that cup. Miller should not be the only one or two that play the way that's

necessary to go four rounds. Maybe I'm overthinking it, I don't know.

• Cheers 1