Elias Lindholm | #23 | C/W

-AJ-

On 5/21/2024 at 5:09 PM, Alflives said:

It’s pretty much forgone conclusion the Bruins will go big to land Lindholm. Which is fine. We dumperooed 5.5 in next year’s cap onto the Smelly Cowpies in that deal. It’s a win for us. 

The bean suckers can go pound sand.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Maybe Lindy finds out on July 1 that is best offer is 7x7 from Boston. Then we offer him the same total money but over 8 years. Lindy at (about) 6.25 would be fantastic. 
Maybe do the same with Zadorov? If he gets an offer of 30 million from another club offer him the same total dollars but stretch out the term to bring down the yearly cap allocation. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Lindy finds out on July 1 that is best offer is 7x7 from Boston. Then we offer him the same total money but over 8 years. Lindy at (about) 6.25 would be fantastic. 
Maybe do the same with Zadorov? If he gets an offer of 30 million from another club offer him the same total dollars but stretch out the term to bring down the yearly cap allocation. 

Well now that we know Pettersson was hurting which was affecting his game, and if we can afford one, my vote goes to Zadorov.

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well now that we know Pettersson was hurting which was affecting his game, and if we can afford one, my vote goes to Zadorov.

Why not both Lindy and Z? Stretch out the terms on the contracts to lower the yearly cap allocation. 

Posted (edited)

650 right now discussing a trade rumor of Hronek for Necas + Kotkaniemi. 

I do that one in a heartbeat. JK is a bit of a dink, but under Tocc's guidance he'd be a great 3C. I wish he was a right shot but still. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I do that one in a heartbeat. JK is a bit of a dink, but under Tocc's guidance he'd be a great 3C. I wish he was a right shot but still. 

Now the 650 guys are saying Mikhayev would be added too.

Hronek + Mik for Necas + Kotkaniemi 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Now the 650 guys are saying Mikhayev would be added too.

Hronek + Mik for Necas + Kotkaniemi 

is this for real? if so, Jose Christo JR, put your teeth back in and get this done! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

is this for real? if so, Jose Christo JR, put your teeth back in and get this done! 

Just a rumour the hosts were discussing. Maybe PA/JR float out these kinds of rumours as bargaining tools with guys like Lindholm and Hronek? There were Petey trade rumours before he signed. If guys don’t sign for what’s offered then PA moves on. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Kotka was not being played that much during the season or during playoffs. If Mik was going it might make sense but I think Hronek gets us more.

Rumour on 650 was Hronek + Mik for Necas + JK. Not too sure we would do that without a D prospect (Morrow?) included too. 
Canes have a new GM now so they are certainly open for business. 

Rumour on 650 was Hronek + Mik for Necas + JK. Not too sure we would do that without a D prospect (Morrow?) included too. 
Canes have a new GM now so they are certainly open for business. 

I agree, if we are giving up a premium RD at prime age and taking on the length of JK's contract which is waaayy longer than Milky's at slightly higher  cap hit we need one small asset back in addition because we will not be getting much cap space of any here, maybe a 2nd in this yrs draft  

I only do this if JR/PA/RT are sure they can really work with JK as a good 3C, we then have to re sign Joshua 

Suter and hogz then are still in your top 6, which I don't love. I think we actually need 2 top 6 forwards...

I do not see JR wanting to pay Necas > 7 million, I am going to generously estimate 6.75

Cap space 23.7

Joshua 3.33

Zads 5.25 x5

Tanev 4.25 x 3

Myers 2.5x3

Silovs 1.5

= 7 mill in cap space 

... Chandler Stephenson ? 5.5 x 3 years ? bump Suter out of top 6 

Stephenson Petey Necas

Hogz Miller Brock

Joshua JK Garland

Podz Suter PDG

Aman 

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers

Soucy Juulsen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I agree, if we are giving up a premium RD at prime age and taking on the length of JK's contract which is waaayy longer than Milky's at slightly higher  cap hit we need one small asset back in addition because we will not be getting much cap space of any here, maybe a 2nd in this yrs draft  

I only do this if JR/PA/RT are sure they can really work with JK as a good 3C, we then have to re sign Joshua 

Suter and hogz then are still in your top 6, which I don't love. I think we actually need 2 top 6 forwards...

I do not see JR wanting to pay Necas > 7 million, I am going to generously estimate 6.75

Cap space 23.7

Joshua 3.33

Zads 5.25 x5

Tanev 4.25 x 3

Myers 2.5x3

Silovs 1.5

= 7 mill in cap space 

... Chandler Stephenson ? 5.5 x 3 years ? bump Suter out of top 6 

Stephenson Petey Necas

Hogz Miller Brock

Joshua JK Garland

Podz Suter PDG

Aman 

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers

Soucy Juulsen

You have a phone? Call PA right now! Nicely planned out. F05D7F3B-36B9-43B9-B0F2-B00DB2461B91.jpeg.b287ba057858117dd1345c622f4ae029.jpeg

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Kotka was not being played that much during the season or during playoffs. If Mik was going it might make sense but I think Hronek gets us more.

These are not the droids we are looking for…

Raty has more upside than Kotka, and i’d way rather bring Blueger back to fill 3C till Raty is ready. Especially now that malholtra is here to groom him!

Necas isn’t that hard nosed top 6 talent we want either. Carolina hasn’t been able to push far into the playoffs with these 2 guys…I wouldn’t want that here. We have our skill up front. We need some offensive muscle now…which is even harder to find.

Crouse please! Or Tuch! We need size up front to go further in the playoffs imo

On 5/24/2024 at 4:15 PM, Alflives said:

Once we entered July 1, we lost the advantage of 1 extra year. We must sign him to an extension no later than June 30th if we want to give him that 8th year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Once we entered July 1, we lost the advantage of 1 extra year. We must sign him to an extension no later than June 30th if we want to give him that 8th year.

I’m thinking we won’t go 8 years anyway. But Lindy might be pushing for that do he can get a bigger total dollar. 

9 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Is the crux of this being able to move out mik's cap hit.  Then the question is what does it cost and you do it.

We can go ever the projected cap by 10% in the offseason, no? 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking we won’t go 8 years anyway. But Lindy might be pushing for that do he can get a bigger total dollar. 

Only way we can outbid teams is by going 8 years.

For example, Boston or another team gives him 8 million x 7 seasons. That's $56 million total. We can give him the 8th year, and offer him 7 million x 8 seasons for the same amount. We save $1 million in cap-space per season. We can also offer him $7.5 million x 8, which will give him $60 million total, and we save $500k in cap.