[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Probably would have made more sense using BEAR instead of LION ... 

Nope, he made the right reference..

Hyenas and Lions are mortal enemies.

They go to war against each other on the regular.  And once in a while a single male lion gets cornered by a pack of hyenas. 

Most of the time male lion kills hyenas especially when the lion pride is together..But the lionesses alone don't fare so well against a large pack of hyenas. 

Decades of watching nature documentaries... I don't recall seeing a Bear vs Hyena fight...

I get it Bruins are bears.. but it's Lions and Hyenas who fight.. 

A pack of hyenas would maul a brown bear every time. Hyenas are nuts...

• Cheers 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Nope, he made the right reference..

Hyenas and Lions are mortal enemies.

They go to war against each other on the regular.  And once in a while a single male lion gets cornered by a pack of hyenas. 

Most of the time male lion kills hyenas especially when the lion pride is together..But the lionesses alone don't fare so well against a large pack of hyenas. 

Decades of watching nature documentaries... I don't recall seeing a Bear vs Hyena fight...

I get it Bruins are bears.. but it's Lions and Hyenas who fight.. 

A pack of hyenas would maul a brown bear every time. Hyenas are nuts...

Was just talking about Bruins and bears... would have said a Pack of wolves vs a bear.

21 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Was just talking about Bruins and bears... would have said a Pack of wolves vs a bear.

Bears and Wolves never fight.. they avoid confrontation with each other ...

They'll have a stand off and threaten each other over a kill but one or the other usually cedes 

Hyena packs and Lions actually go to war. And they kill each others cubs when every they can...

Once on a while a Hyena pack can take down a lion.. exactly like Khadri said..

• Cheers 1