[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

No supplemental discipline for this:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/flames-pospisil-will-not-face-supplemental-discipline-for-cross-checking-marchand/ar-BB1hVvWK?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=b374349619344a278ea4a5fa5c9a2a32&ei=24

The league has decided (and rightly so) that it's okay to cross-check Brad Marchand in the face....

I figured he wouldn't get suspended since Marchand turning into it from getting hit by the other guy, and that it was all just too fast for Pospisil to react.

But I like your reasoning better!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Seems about right to me.  Definitely a dangerous hit, but I don't think Dillon went in there trying to hit him in the head.  Acciari was leaning forward and Dillon committed.  

Dillon should try and ask for a re-roll

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Dillon should try and ask for a re-roll

Really dangerous play by Dhillon. And an nhl player knows what he’s doing I that situation. Like Dillon but he knew what he was doing. Mean play by him. IMHAO he knows what’s coming. 

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wow! Leafs are dominating Dallas. Very one sided. Is Dallas this bad or are the Leafs just really good?  

Dallas is a good team, Leafs stars just showed up 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Dallas is a good team, Leafs stars just showed up 

IMHAO Dallas sucks pucks, especially Heiskanen. Leafs embarrassed the Liser Heiskanen.

and we had fans here actually thinking Heiskanen was in the same league with Hughes. Can you say losers? 

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wow! Leafs are dominating Dallas. Very one sided. Is Dallas this bad or are the Leafs just really good?  

C'mon Alf... you know the answer. Leafs can't be good, so Stars must be bad.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Dallas sucks pucks, especially Heiskanen. Leafs embarrassed the Liser Heiskanen.

and we had fans here actually thinking Heiskanen was in the same league with Hughes. Can you say losers? 

Leafs stars are paid handsomely to win games, tonight they earned their pay

Simple as that

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Leafs stars are paid handsomely to win games, tonight they earned their pay

Simple as that

Yup. And the Leaf stars embarrassed Heiskanen. They made him look so bad. Actually made hi look like a baby whiner coward. Heiskanen was scared to compete for pucks. That’s, IMHAO, a loser. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/oh-man-why-me-lightning-s-mikhail-sergachev-reacts-after-being-stretchered-off-ice/ar-BB1hYFnd?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=1211f84061a2420e87e805b7536b6eda&ei=14

"

After missing 17 games with a lower-body injury suffered in mid-December, Mikhail Sergachev’s return to the ice was short-lived.

Sergachev was stretchered off the ice after appearing to injure his left ankle following a reverse hit from Alexis Lafreniere. No update was provided following the game, but it’s clear it’s unlikely to be a short-term absence.

Sergachev took to social media early Thursday morning, sharing his disappointment in the situation.

“Oh man, why me? Why now? After all the games missed, coming back and getting injured again, feels unfair, feels terrible,” Sergachev wrote on Instagram. “Trying to stay calm and positive, but it’s impossible. After doing everything right I get this.

“The universe is unpredictable I guess, and has its own plans, but (explicit) the universe man, I know I’ll come back stronger and I know I’ll play better than before, but it’s tough right now, and it’s gonna be tough tomorrow.

“We all fight our own battles and this is mine. I’ll win, always do. Pain meds are good tho, if I was in the forest by myself I’d be dead, crazy innit?! Wanted to write how I feel here, don’t know why, but just wanted to let people that care about me know! I appreciate all of your messages. Thanks to the medical staff.”

-----------------------------------

more at link

• Huggy Bear 2

On 2/7/2024 at 4:15 PM, Miss Korea said:

Damn - Jack Edwards really needs to retire.  Apparently he's getting treated for cancer, and I believe he suffered a stroke maybe a couple years ago?  In any case, even Bruins fans have been noticing his decline and are seriously concerned for his health.

I usually catch the streams of the opposing team ( 🏴‍☠️ ) so I'll probably watch the NESN feed tomorrow.  If anyone's curious, I'll share my thoughts later.

I'm watching the NESN feed right now and I'm gonna look for a Sportsnet feed next period.  I'm amazed that Bruins fans are listening to this all year long.  Jack Edwards is clearly not well - his speech is incredibly slowed and slurred.  He's talking about things that happened 5 seconds earlier because he can't get the words out quickly enough.  One time he couldn't even say "Canucks" correctly.  

Honestly I feel bad about this.  It sucks that he can't really do his job properly anymore.  I think he's done after this year.