[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

Slafkovsky with an assist to go with his goal, he's really heated up over the past 20 games or so 

Caufield gets to 19 goals

Habs could be fun to watch as they age and develop, they have a lot of young guys up front and on the back end and they're on track to pick high again 

4 1st's between this draft and next, 3 2nd's, could add to that haul by trading Allen 

• Upvote 1

I think in some ways Jagr's longevity plays against him when it comes to conversations about all-time greats, he didn't sustain his peak the way some other guys did but he was a dominant force in his own right

What could have been if he hadn't left for the KHL

• Upvote 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/prosecutors-drop-domestic-violence-charge-against-boston-bruins-milan-lucic/ar-BB1ioxEE?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=490727563bfc46a0b6ffc42c36a7b573&ei=43

'

BOSTON (AP) — Prosecutors dropped a domestic violence charge against Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic on Friday, saying the decision by his wife to invoke marital privilege made it impossible for them to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

After his wife opted not to testify, the motion by prosecutors to admit 911 call information into evidence was denied, effectively ending their court case, they said.

-----------

more at link.

Wheeler will be 38 in August, this injury may be the death knell for his career but I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and catch on somewhere so as to go out on his own terms

21 points in 54 games has been decent at almost league minimum 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wheeler will be 38 in August, this injury may be the death knell for his career but I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and catch on somewhere so as to go out on his own terms

21 points in 54 games has been decent at almost league minimum 

I had Wheeler on my fantasy team, so I can attest to the fact that it took him FOREVER to get going this season. He was downright brutal for the first couple of months. But he finally started producing more and finding his rhythm in December.

I suspect the lingering effects from this injury will cause him to hang up the skates. Near-40-year-olds don't heal as well, and as completely. I'd also guess that he won't play in the playoffs, even if New York goes on a run.

• Huggy Bear 1