[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

Watching the Boston and Vegas game. Hearing Jack Edwards broadcast. I know I recently saw somewhere that he dismissed notions that perhaps he was recovering from a stroke. I also recall seeing more inflammatory remarks about his broadcasting habits as demonstrating perhaps addiction issues. I’m not saying either are true. He has a very distinct speech pattern and pace that’s for sure. 

7 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Watching the Boston and Vegas game. Hearing Jack Edwards broadcast. I know I recently saw somewhere that he dismissed notions that perhaps he was recovering from a stroke. I also recall seeing more inflammatory remarks about his broadcasting habits as demonstrating perhaps addiction issues. I’m not saying either are true. He has a very distinct speech pattern and pace that’s for sure. 

I know this is not the thread for this but I found this article on Edward's speech issues interesting:

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-bruins/2024/02/22/nesns-jack-edwards-speech-issues-fine-medically-bruins/

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Sorry all - apologies for posting this item in the wrong spot. 

No, that was my fault.  I typed about being in the wrong  post because I somehow thought I was in the GTD.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

5 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I know this is not the thread for this but I found this article on Edward's speech issues interesting:

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-bruins/2024/02/22/nesns-jack-edwards-speech-issues-fine-medically-bruins/

I mentioned this after watching the first Canucks-Bruins game.

On 2/8/2024 at 4:45 PM, Miss Korea said:

I'm watching the NESN feed right now and I'm gonna look for a Sportsnet feed next period.  I'm amazed that Bruins fans are listening to this all year long.  Jack Edwards is clearly not well - his speech is incredibly slowed and slurred.  He's talking about things that happened 5 seconds earlier because he can't get the words out quickly enough.  One time he couldn't even say "Canucks" correctly.  

Honestly I feel bad about this.  It sucks that he can't really do his job properly anymore.  I think he's done after this year.

Because I just hunt for an online stream most of the time, I typically get an opposing broadcast, which is an interesting way for me to watch the Canucks, especially since they've been playing so well.  I had to switch off the NESN feed after one period because it was just painful listening to Jack Edwards.  I saw that article about him being medically cleared, and that must be a trying ordeal for Edwards and the staff.  Clearly there's something wrong here but Boston's best doctors can't seem to figure out what it is.

Bruins fans are doing their best to support him, but from a pure spectator's perspective, it's nearly unwatchable.  

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I mentioned this after watching the first Canucks-Bruins game.

Because I just hunt for an online stream most of the time, I typically get an opposing broadcast, which is an interesting way for me to watch the Canucks, especially since they've been playing so well.  I had to switch off the NESN feed after one period because it was just painful listening to Jack Edwards.  I saw that article about him being medically cleared, and that must be a trying ordeal for Edwards and the staff.  Clearly there's something wrong here but Boston's best doctors can't seem to figure out what it is.

Bruins fans are doing their best to support him, but from a pure spectator's perspective, it's nearly unwatchable.  

Terrible stuff and must be terrifying for the family. Wish him and his all the best as they work through it. 

• Cheers 1

• Coconuts locked this topic
  • Ribs unpinned this topic