[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

What a whiny team and fan base and there are so many reasons to dislike them all. I thought their true colors really shone through from the moment this story started. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

What a whiny team and fan base and there are so many reasons to dislike them all. I thought their true colors really shone through from the moment this story started. 

Nobody does drama like the center of the universe 

• Cheers 2

After exploding for six assists last game McDavid is tied with Pastrnak for third in scoring with 77 points, trailing only MacKinnon (87) and Kucherov (90). 

Who'd have thought after the Oil's early season struggles that McDavid would be in a position to win the Art Ross yet again, despite the Oil having adjusted to play a more sound defensive game. 

He's got a legit shot at it, when it comes to being an offensive dynamo he's tough to bet against. I'm rooting for Mac though personally, hoping Kucherov slows down a bit. 

21 minutes ago, Kragar said:

8 games, 3-3-2. Some coaching bump :classic_biggrin:

Don't let the door hitcha on the way out, Patrick (tick tock, only a matter of time)

Patrick Roy has never been forced out of a situation in his life.  He'll just choose to leave.  He chose to leave Montreal.  He chose to retire in Colorado.  He chose to leave Quebec (twice), and he chose to leave Colorado (again).  The longer he stays on, the more entertaining it will be to watch the Islanders.  He is good for the league - not so sure if he's good for New York, though.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Patrick Roy has never been forced out of a situation in his life.  He'll just choose to leave.  He chose to leave Montreal.  He chose to retire in Colorado.  He chose to leave Quebec (twice), and he chose to leave Colorado (again).  The longer he stays on, the more entertaining it will be to watch the Islanders.  He is good for the league - not so sure if he's good for New York, though.

That just shows some bad judgment on the Avs, IMO.

He's a hothead POS with a history of anger management issues. I don't see how it's good for the league, honestly. The antics can be entertaining at times, but if there's no success, it will get boring fast... unless he starts getting into brawls.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

That just shows some bad judgment on the Avs, IMO.

He's a hothead POS with a history of anger management issues. I don't see how it's good for the league, honestly. The antics can be entertaining at times, but if there's no success, it will get boring fast... unless he starts getting into brawls.

You're just being boring.  Imagine this league without Torts snapping at refs and reporters.

55 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

You're just being boring.  Imagine this league without Torts snapping at refs and reporters.

I love having Torts in the league. Glad he left town, but he is definitely entertaining. Love how he handles idiot media, for sure.

Roy is just on another level for me. Too many run-ins with the law, I guess.