[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Incredibly frustrating for the fans.  So much potential there, but they never seem to elevate their craft.

I wonder if a coach similar to Tocc could get them going, or, would the brass support such a coach. 

They certainly have the assets for a savvy GM to come in a reset the team.  I think it would have to

be a drastic change, much like the huge swapping out of the former staff.

Right now, it sounds like the entire organization is floating around in a void, without a consistent

team philosophy or game plan.

Wish I knew.

They can't keep blowing things up though.  Kevyn Adams is doing fine as GM.  Like I said in an earlier post in the thread, I'd like to see the team get more structure from a more demanding coach.  If the young guys won't get their act together for the coach they like now, get a coach who knows how to hammer them into shape without losing the room.

33 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Wish I knew.

They can't keep blowing things up though.  Kevyn Adams is doing fine as GM.  Like I said in an earlier post in the thread, I'd like to see the team get more structure from a more demanding coach.  If the young guys won't get their act together for the coach they like now, get a coach who knows how to hammer them into shape without losing the room.

That's what I was suggesting when I brought up Tocc.  Basically, they fired all the ACs and coaching

staff and brought in guys that were in tune with the management and coach game plan.

I don't think the Sabres have to blow things up by trading off their good players.  Keep the ones

that buy into the new game plan and then fill in solid support players to help them out.

I'm not certain where the Nucks will end up in their playoff run, but whatever happens, it

sure is a lot better than watching them continue to flounder as they have for the past 10 years.

For the 1st time in so long, I am actually optimistic about their future.

I would like to see that for Sabre fans.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Me too. 

I'm lucky that I have a number 2 team this season doing so well.  The future looks bright for the Canucks finally.

You have some awesome young talent on the Sabres.  I really hope the management will find the

coaches and trainers that can bring them around. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

This Byfield goal is incredible, as is his reaction: 

Was about to post it, one of the nicest goals I've seen this season

He's really had a good season, this is why folks shouldn't write young guys off early, particularly when they're high picks 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1