[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

Just now, Darius said:

I hope he shits the bed like this on Saturday, but either he will stand on his head or the other guy will

They will start Ullmark. He will try to score an empty net goal again.  

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am still worried about our size and speed. Perry looks like he would have been exactly the type of player we need. Kessel

is ok but is he really what this team lacks already?

I pray they grab Greenway somehow

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am still worried about our size and speed. Perry looks like he would have been exactly the type of player we need. Kessel

is ok but is he really what this team lacks already?

I dunno, he looks old and slow...hes got a couple goals riding shot gun with McDavid...you and i can probably do that lol.   They are overplaying his impact with that fight tonight, it could have easily cost them with the powerplay Boston got.

I agree we need more size in the top 6 and doubt Kessel is the answer for anything.  

Oh look, speaking of luck  ...oilers get a power play going into over time...

aside from the goalie shitting the bed in the third, Boston looks scary ...they just love to take the puck to the dirty areas ...its like having 2 lines of joshuas out there.. and add Pastrnak on top

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darius said:

aside from the goalie shitting the bed in the third, Boston looks scary ...they just love to take the puck to the dirty areas ...its like having 2 lines of joshuas out there.. and add Pastrnak on top

If they can somehow get Lafferty back to the way he was playing that would be amazing.

I am not sure why am of a sudden he stopped playing to his strengths.

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If they can somehow get Lafferty back to the way he was playing that would be amazing.

I am not sure why am of a sudden he stopped playing to his strengths.

that would be good, he looked like such a steal early on but he also had better line mates. that whole fourth line is concerning...they look like theyve been getting caved in the past couple games.    I think Tocchet trusts Aman and PDG....just dump it in and play north south. But now with Joshua out and Hogz promoted the bottom two lines seem neutered a bit.  

If they could add one more middle 6 rugged/big winger that can play second line that would be ideal.  Ultimately would love to see Podz fill that role but im not sure they want that for him this year.