[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

100%

I believe coaching and management plays a huge role in the difference in the Vancouver and Toronto player mindsets and levels of compete. 

Tocchet and his cohorts have transformed this group from a disjointed,  less than inspired group of individuals to a singly focused, play for each other, find a way to win team. 

I think its too late for Toronto, I don't know what coach can get those guys to play for more than their wallets...They rule the roost because they put up points in the hockey mecca of Toronto....

Just now, Bardown said:

I think its too late for Toronto, I don't know what coach can get those guys to play for more than their wallets...They rule the roost because they put up points in the hockey mecca of Toronto....

I agree. Their window is closing .

4 hours ago, Bardown said:

4 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Their window is closing due to Treliving's poor decisions over the off-season.  For all of Kyle Dubas' misgivings, there was no doubt he could steer that team to the playoffs.  Not even a year later, every single acquisition by the new GM has been a bust.  Reaves.  Klingberg.  Bertuzzi.  Domi.  All failed signings that have made Toronto worse.  Dubai meter had to worry about not making the playoffs.  Now that he's gone, it's a legitimate concern once again.

RE: the Horvat fight... I call that the Patrick Roy effect. 

Coach Roy: "You have only two choices, Bo - become the eagle or become the duck." 

Colorado fans won't forget this iconic quote from him: "mettre ses couilles sur la table" ("time to put our balls on the table")

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Haven’t seen him fight in a while. Once before he became a captain I think he fought. 

I'm pretty sure his first NHL fight was with Darnell Nurse and I remember Horvat winning. I think he averaged 1 fight a year for a while at least.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

With the help of 20 loser points 😂

Guess that helps.

If they make the playoffs they won't care, with them getting Pelech and Pulock back they've got a solid chance at it

13 hours ago, Bardown said:

I think its too late for Toronto, I don't know what coach can get those guys to play for more than their wallets...They rule the roost because they put up points in the

hockey mecca of Toronto....

Always rely on Sid to drop the truth bombs

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Keefe firing countdown is well underway. Maybe Treliving saves it for the off-season to make Keefe the scapegoat. Especially seeing as Treliving has made so many mistakes there already. Including extending Keefe. 

• Like 1

Winnipeg loses their 4th in a row. It seems their offense has dried up a bit.

Now I just need Vegas to break Oil's streak as I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about it. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Wing said:

Winnipeg loses their 4th in a row. It seems their offense has dried up a bit.

Now I just need Vegas to break Oil's streak as I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about it. 

Guess the Monahan trade was a spark...not.