[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Here's the thing though - even with all those guys they're a mediocre team that can't consistently get wins throughout the season.  Without Marky, Hanifin, and Tanev... what does that team even look like?  Dustin Wolf as their starter??

I get that, Marky's the only bubble guy imo

If they keep him it'll be precisely because they don't want to ruin Wolf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Interesting article in the athletic about Winnipeg, apparently they are really struggling to sell enough season tickets, even with the recent success. Third lowest attendance in the league this year according to the article.

Has a city ever lost a franchise twice?

Atlanta

I wish Kucherov would slow down as I'm rooting for MacKinnon, but there's no denying he's having a helluva season 

He's singlehandedly made the Lightning a potential playoff team

13 goals in the Battle of Pennsylvania. Goalies look like Swiss cheese.

Sid’s got 5 points. Goal and 4 assists. Such a legend. Much respect 🫡 

EDIT: make that 14. Flyers scored on a 6 on 4

Edited by Believe In Blue

Game winner and an assist in his return to Chicago

Who else?

He's been impressive considering the surgery he had is usually a death knell for careers, point per game

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Game winner and an assist in his return to Chicago

Who else?

Lol, I like how the Wings edited out the awkward part where Kane pushes Walman out of the way so he could celebrate in front of the fans.

Edited by Wilbur
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Lol, I like how the Wings edited out the awkward part where Kane pushes Walman out of the way so he could celebrate in front of the fans.

Walman coming over to do his stupid dance probably. 😂

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Walman coming over to do his stupid dance probably. 😂

Nah, he was going in for the celebratory hug but Kane was having none of it because he wanted to raise his arms in triumph to the fans.  It was hilariously awkward.

4 hours ago, Dom said:

Rempe gets pumped here. 

He must be exhausted from that massive tilt yesterday.  I'm not sure what Laviolette is thinking letting him fight two nights in a row.  He needs to learn how to say no or he'll be on IR real soon.

• Like 1

Never liked Pat Kane when he was with the Hawks, (and especially after the cab driver incident in Buffalo) but I gotta admit, it was pretty cool seeing him score the OT winner in his return to Chi-Town....

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

as much as I dislike cowtown, this is sad to see. 

yup, i was hoping the kid could get some traction in Calgary.  Maybe he still can, who knows.  But it kinda puts things in perspective for those who thought Tocchet mismanaged him.  Bruce benched him, Tocch benched him, now looks like he cant crack Calgary lineup.    I was reading that he was demoted to 4th line in some games already.

Just now, Darius said:

yup, i was hoping the kid could get some traction in Calgary.  Maybe he still can, who knows.  But it kinda puts things in perspective for those who thought Tocchet mismanaged him.  Bruce benched him, Tocch benched him, now looks like he cant crack Calgary lineup.    I was reading that he was demoted to 4th line in some games already.

I thought they said they had a plan for him when he agreed to move? sucks if they've already reneged on it.