[GDT] Around the NHL [February 2024]

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Bears and Wolves never fight.. they avoid confrontation with each other ...

They'll have a stand off and threaten each other over a kill but one or the other usually cedes 

Hyena packs and Lions actually go to war. And they kill each others cubs when every they can...

Once on a while a Hyena pack can take down a lion.. exactly like Khadri said..

Ok David Attenborough.  This isn't a hill I'm gonna die on, but check out bears vs wolves at Yellowstone.  It happens all the time.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Jack Michaels sounds like he’s on something. How else do you have that much energy!? The pleasure has been allllllllllll ours! 

Jack Edwards is the worst play by play guy in any major sport but Jack Michaels is a close second. What an obnoxious, insufferable person.

Sounds like he’s calling the game with jumper cables attached to his nipples. The pleasure was definitely all his cause I couldn’t even listen to that knob.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Hat Trick Maker said:

Now the Oilers still have another game to play tomorrow.

EDIT: Which will be their only 3rd back-to-back game this season.

I think the next game for them is on Friday, two days from now...

Just now, Silent Man said:

I think the next game for them is on Friday, two days from now...

Team has 5 games in hand on Vegas and somehow they still are getting two days off in between games. 😂

At what point do they make up these games in hand?

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

They can say they weren’t focused on the record all they want.

They wanted that bad…

They just need more non playoff teams to play against .

Just now, DeNiro said:

Team has 5 games in hand on Vegas and somehow they still are getting two days off in between games. 😂

They have 8 back to backs. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

This is exactly a question I've just asked from my son. Great minds work alike😀

• Cheers 1

Thank you Vegas. Now you can start losing again. 

Having Adin Hill back is really stablizing their team which is not a good sign...

Edit: OIls' streak snapped somehow is breaking news on Sportsnet...what the heck

Edited by Wing

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Jack Edwards is the worst play by play guy in any major sport but Jack Michaels is a close second. What an obnoxious, insufferable person.

Sounds like he’s calling the game with jumper cables attached to his nipples. The pleasure was definitely all his cause I couldn’t even listen to that knob.

I havent paid too much attention to Michaels until this season.  Hes awful.  Its like a guy calling a monster truck rally while pumping every positive oiler stat possible.  How many times did he have to bring up the win streak and how the oilers can do something that has been done once since 1905 ...as if they didnt have ties all the way along.

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

In March they play 15 games and in April they play 10 games. Canucks play 12 and 8. That’s the 5 games. 

The Oilers will be a tired team heading into the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Nope, he made the right reference..

Hyenas and Lions are mortal enemies.

They go to war against each other on the regular.  And once in a while a single male lion gets cornered by a pack of hyenas. 

Most of the time male lion kills hyenas especially when the lion pride is together..But the lionesses alone don't fare so well against a large pack of hyenas. 

Decades of watching nature documentaries... I don't recall seeing a Bear vs Hyena fight...

I get it Bruins are bears.. but it's Lions and Hyenas who fight.. 

A pack of hyenas would maul a brown bear every time. Hyenas are nuts...

A brown bear yes. But a Grizzly bear would destroy all the hyenas. I watched alot of stuff too. Not many animals can take on a Grizzly bear. Especially one that is angry. 

59 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A brown bear yes. But a Grizzly bear would destroy all the hyenas. I watched alot of stuff too. Not many animals can take on a Grizzly bear. Especially one that is angry. 

Depends which of them is on their home turf.

That's some serious jet lag the away team would have to deal with! :classic_wink:

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Very impressive streak however I’m glad it’s over.

I hate when one storyline dominates a sport like that. Tired of hearing about it.

The Canucks' puck luck was dominating storylines in November.  I sure enjoyed seeing some good news every day.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ok guys.Ducky coming quack quack

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly! Between a lack of Back to backs and 3 games or less road trips, the table HAS to turn on them. The had a steady stream of teams on back to backs march in Edmonton over the last couple months; felt sorry for Cgy.

Edited by BC_Hawk