★[GDT] 2024 All Stars Weekend Feb 1-3

1 hour ago, Captain Kirk said:

McJesus better be donating all of that cash to a good charity.

I thought about that too and figured even though I would donate it if I won I wouldn’t announce so beforehand as to not get the hopes up for my charity, I’ll be both surprised and disappointed if he doesn’t donate it. 

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

What they should've done is have the award go to a charity of their choice.  The fact that Kucherov didn't even try was a total joke.  He agreed to participate in the contest.  He could've just let someone else go.  At least if it's for charity he'd try.

He was drunk before the event started.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

What they should've done is have the award go to a charity of their choice.  The fact that Kucherov didn't even try was a total joke.  He agreed to participate in the contest.  He could've just let someone else go.  At least if it's for charity he'd try.

He should be banned from all future all star events, what a disgrace.

37 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I thought about that too and figured even though I would donate it if I won I wouldn’t announce so beforehand as to not get the hopes up for my charity, I’ll be both surprised and disappointed if he doesn’t donate it. 

Or, the NHL could have said the winner of the skills competition is going to donate 50% or whatever amount to their favorite charity. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

I’m surprised he just took the cheque without saying a word. No acknowledgement to peers, organizers, league , nothing. 

Even more surprised he didn’t donate the funds to a children’s charity. it’s not like he needs it.

Found that odd too...

Most level headed folks would have thanked the organisers, Pepsi, and the other competitors...

And yes most likely handed the check straight to a charity... 

Its not like he needs the money, and he could have earned a ton of respect. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I was just saying the whole afternoon was rather laid back until the final bit where they realized it was for a cool mill, then Arizona stepped up his game for the money and quickly won it. Wanders off with the cheque.... Proof that those personalities will probably never win a cup. Who needs a cup? A million bucks buys plenty of cups. 

I really don't like McMuffin. 

He's obviously an extremely talented player. 

Definitely not the greatest ever, but elite in this day and age. (Crosby makes him look like chump change, career wise) 

But he's scummy. I think that's pretty apparent. 

All he thinks about is HIM. 

To me, that's  not a winner. He's WAY into himself. 

That's clearly a sign of a friggin' loser. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm not just a hockey fan because I watch the and follow the Canucks.  

I've lived in other cities and other countries over my life. I've always followed hockey. Even when I lived in the US in a city and state with no NHL team..

Unlike most people on this forum I  would watch NHL even if Vancouver didn't have a team. I've done that before in the cities that didn't have NHL.. 

I cheer for Winnipeg too. As well as Ottawal. Basically all the Canadian teams. I want the Cup to come back to Canada..

It's OK if you just cheer for and watch Canucks .. it's also OK if I watch a lot of out of market hockey games around the league. 

I'm not just a Canucks fan. I'm a hockey fan first..

I cant understand how hockey fans "hate" other teams or players from other teams.  "Hate" is such a strong emotion. . I can't understand "hate" for player you watch for entertainment..

It's doesn't bother me but I don't understand it..

I don't say bad words towards you .. I don't dislike you.. why would you call me a blow hard over me liking a player that we all watch for entertaining us.. it's odd to me that you or anyone else on this "hockey " forum would dislike me or be calling me a blowhard. 

Its a Canucks fan forum site...

Hardly surprising that you jumping for joy at an Oilers Captain winning gets a few sticks...

Its called banter... 

The fact he was whining about the Canucks, when his team got ventilated could also have something to do with the dislike. 

Is he a great player yes, is he a likeble person? Not really from what I've seen. 

Had it been Crosby nobody would have worried... or maybe they would?

m

• Cheers 1

I don’t think too many people took this event seriously other than maybe McDavid who wanted the $1 million and the ego it goes with it.  He should have announced right away what charity he was donating the money to.

I mean Michael Buble admitted to the world that he was on mushrooms for the event. So how can you take this all star even seriously after you hear that?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm not just a hockey fan because I watch the and follow the Canucks.  

I've lived in other cities and other countries over my life. I've always followed hockey. Even when I lived in the US in a city and state with no NHL team..

Unlike most people on this forum I  would watch NHL even if Vancouver didn't have a team. I've done that before in the cities that didn't have NHL.. 

I cheer for Winnipeg too. As well as Ottawal. Basically all the Canadian teams. I want the Cup to come back to Canada..

It's OK if you just cheer for and watch Canucks .. it's also OK if I watch a lot of out of market hockey games around the league. 

I'm not just a Canucks fan. I'm a hockey fan first..

I cant understand how hockey fans "hate" other teams or players from other teams.  "Hate" is such a strong emotion. . I can't understand "hate" for player you watch for entertainment..

It's doesn't bother me but I don't understand it..

I don't say bad words towards you .. I don't dislike you.. why would you call me a blow hard over me liking a player that we all watch for entertaining us.. it's odd to me that you or anyone else on this "hockey " forum would dislike me or be calling me a blowhard. 

You know what? 

Cry me a friggin' river. 

Having said that, I wish you the best. Life is a challenge, and I don't want to attack anyone, here, or in person. 

We all have our own challenges. 

However... 

I have no clue how old you are, but I've been a "hockey fan" since I was 4. 

I grew up watching the Habs and Leafs back in the 60's before the Canucks inception. 

So this BS about being a hockey fan in general doesn't mean crap to me. I've been a hardcore hockey fan since I started watching and playing. 

This is a CANUCK board, not an Oilers board or any other team's board to come in here and spill their guts.

You can try, but good luck. 

Doesn't cut it with me. Especially the poor me BS. 

That's non-negotiable. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Miller is awesome... loves his family. Think that's what has settled him. So happy he's a Canuck. 
Great picture of him between the 2 little girls. 😉

Family has a way of settling a man down for sure and giving him priorities meaning and purpose - it’s an amazing thing really…

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Family has a way of settling a man down for sure and giving him priorities meaning and purpose - it’s an amazing thing really…

Soooo... JT Millers McDavid's Dad?     Makes sense, has the feel of a boss where as McDavid has the feel of something else.   A teenager maybe?

Jean Belivaue would blush if you said he was great or made a compliment, and straight away talk about his teammates.   Gretzky, was modest to as fault, always about team first, he helped everyone around him going back to his grade school days, a natural leader to go with the skills.     McDavid just doesn't have the same appeal.    Amazing hockey player, and absolutely deserves the praise and $$ for his hard earned work, but the camera sure isn't always his fan, same as the TV when he speaks.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

Just saw this and thought I would share it here as it is about an All-Star game

The NHL spent years turning the all star game into a goofy spectacle and then they didn't like it when the all star game became a goofy spectacle.  Who ever could have predicted...

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I have yet to watch this event ( have it pvr'd) but from what I've read I'm not surprised that McDoofus won...

1 HE designed the event. therefore he knew and was able to practice the obstacle course.

2 There was NO defenders. when there's noone in the way of course he'll dominate. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Soooo... JT Millers McDavid's Dad?     Makes sense, has the feel of a boss where as McDavid has the feel of something else.   A teenager maybe?

Jean Belivaue would blush if you said he was great or made a compliment, and straight away talk about his teammates.   Gretzky, was modest to as fault, always about team first, he helped everyone around him going back to his grade school days, a natural leader to go with the skills.     McDavid just doesn't have the same appeal.    Amazing hockey player, and absolutely deserves the praise and $$ for his hard earned work, but the camera sure isn't always his fan, same as the TV when he speaks.   

Aye JT owns that bitch...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I have yet to watch this event ( have it pvr'd) but from what I've read I'm not surprised that McDoofus won...

1 HE designed the event. therefore he knew and was able to practice the obstacle course.

2 There was NO defenders. when there's noone in the way of course he'll dominate. 

He designed the course and then cheated...

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I was excited about watching the draft but after watching it I could do without it.

I thought we’d see the players strategize a little more or at least put some thought into it. Maybe even make some trades to make it entertaining?

They should just go back to division teams.

• Cheers 1

The fact that McDavid's being wishy washy about the cash tells me he wants to keep it and slide under the radar:

"Maybe donate some of it, some of it to teammates...we will see". Maybe??? Some????

You know, when it was all about photo ops with Ben, McJesus was all over it. In there like a dirty stinky shirt (although, put your damn arm around the kid).

How about donate the entire thing to the cancer organization in his name/honour? Ya turd.

424949153_10160748270120549_799005388618

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mcdavid-wins-all-star-skills-competition-and-takes-home-1-million

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1