★[GDT] 2024 All Stars Weekend Feb 1-3

They should have one captain only per team and assign each one of the other 44 players a number on an electronic board. Goalies 1-8 and the rest 9-44.

Captains then take turns choosing a number in an order determined by their teams standings until all are selected. Each captain has to pick two numbers between 1-8 and pick nine numbers between 9-44, resulting  in 4 teams of 12. 

Make it more like a game show with anonymity in terms of choices.  

Edited by Barnstorm
My math sucks.

1 hour ago, Pycnotic said:

Honestly that was terrible, go back to east vs west make it for home ice in the finals (like baseball) and play a game. 

injury risk a lot different between the sports tho.

But it would be amazing too

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Nah, I'm just not a fan of the event or how it's evolved over the years. I'd say that regardless of how many of our players were or weren't there. 

You must be fun at parties

Echoing other’s’ statements. I usually don’t give two shits about the All-Star game, but with this many Canucks and our new Canuck, Lindholm, yeah I’ll actually be tuning in this time.

Let’s show Toronto who really is Canada’s best hope at a Cup. 

Edited by Believe In Blue
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

So if the draft was done in real time, hows is it that the drafted players names and numbers were already on the jersey?

That’s what I was thinking too. My guess is (aside from the last round) it was already determined pre-draft, but perhaps not the order? 

• Cheers 1